Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

im frustrated! I just need to know if it will snow in n/e worcestershire tonight and noone knows!!!! I HATE NOT KNOWING? :wacko:

Posted

Putting the track of the precip to one side for one moment, I do have to question whether it will even fall as snow as widespread as it did this morning.

Temps and dewpoints are forecast to be higher than last night, although these do fall away along with upper air temps as the day goes on.

Again reports further south when the ppn hits should give an indication, but I'm a bit surprised that the BBC/UKMO are going for an all snow event virtually.

Anxious few hours ahead but hopefully we're in the firing line once again tomorrow AM :wacko: Can't complain though even if it does all head west, it's been a fantastic event for here today. Trouble is, now I've had a taste of proper snow, I want more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
im frustrated! I just need to know if it will snow in n/e worcestershire tonight and noone knows!!!! I HATE NOT KNOWING? :wacko:

Because it's going to be a case of radar watching and seeing where the precip ends up.

Posted

its still south of us though andy, im not that worried really as long as between now and the potential snow we cud recieve on sun or mon arrives, the snow we already have doesnt melt to much. 31mm of precip mon :wacko: lol

Posted
Because it's going to be a case of radar watching and seeing where the precip ends up.

yea i kmow but im a bit of a novice when it comes to tracking the precip! get a bit confused! It's great i have you lot to check im reading the radar and charts right! lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Really?

Well, lets prepare for Round 3 of Birmingham vs The Snow!

At the moment we could be in the firing line but dont completely count on it yet though its alot better than earlier.

Posted

gfs 12z seems to think it will fall as snow in the midlands on monday. I'm not sure the warm sector is much bigger on that front. Although these low pressures have been falling south at the last minute so we will see.

I'd love to visit some of the higher parts of the midlands they should have a good few inches on the ground by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I couldnt give a damn if it doesnt snow tonight now because my School is already CLOSED for tomorrow due to hardly any gritting over Worcestershire tonight!!!

That means i will of only had yesterday at school!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Ladies and Gents its reload time here in north hampshire.

Was very impressed with those in the midlands last night waiting patiently till gone 3 AM . Now that is dedication. I signed out at 12.30.

So another ghoster coming on tonight.

Landfall around midnight running an anticlockwise front from say Plymouth to the Wash. 2 TO 8 inches . Interesting that the front might stall with a major battle and a ready supply of moisture to hoover up out of the channel so anything could happen after last nights forecast that south of M4 would probably get rain which held off till 7AM.

Eyes down . Game on :wacko:

Posted
I couldnt give a damn if it doesnt snow tonight now because my School is already CLOSED for tomorrow due to hardly any gritting over Worcestershire tonight!!!

That means i will of only had yesterday at school!

You're not really much of a snow lover are you? Sounds like you're only interested because you want more time off school :wacko:

Posted

The midlands should see this abit earlier than last night , we already have the heavy ppn into plymouth. Around 9pm should be up into southern central england.

Posted
You're not really much of a snow lover are you? Sounds like you're only interested because you want more time off school :D

that's exactly what i was thinking :D

Posted
You're not really much of a snow lover are you? Sounds like you're only interested because you want more time off school :D

You reckon us in nn2 will be waking up to the likes of this morning. :D

Posted

Lol i love the Snow but im amazed how long ive had off...never have i been off so long in term time due to the weather!

Posted
anything we can do to help the weather? eh, the weather does what it wants. imo, we may get a cm or two, then the fun and games begin sunday night....

why sunday night ??????????

cher

x

Posted
The midlands should see this abit earlier than last night , we already have the heavy ppn into plymouth. Around 9pm should be up into southern central england.

the heavy ppn was in plymouth by this time last night.

Posted
I've seen nothing to change my mind on the precipitation radar - I still believe we'll see something further north than indicated by the Met and the BBC.

Regards,

Mike.

Yep it is still going North, should have an easterly element to it soon but so far this could be fantastic and it has some great intensity in it, obviously some of which will lose intensity over land.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

portsmouth gets sod all.

its turning into a nightmare someone lend me a couple of lorry loads for my garden im depressed winters over here totally :D