Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When Will You Get Tired Of The Snow ?

stewfox

Posted

I love snow when it first falls, am like a kid on christmas day even though am well into my adult years but after a while it starts to get annoying when it starts to impact on life, trying to get cars in and out of the drive, trying to avoid falling over every 10ft, trying to get to a meeting with trains likely cancelled, I love a day of deep snow so can take pretty pics then hope it all melts so life can get back to normal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

I must admit that until the start of February I was getting a bit weary of the cold. For 2 reasons: firstly, it's essentially been winter since late October, secondly, because we had had little in the way of snow here, just cold.

Now the snow has come (although there still hasn't been that much here) I want it to stay until mid March. After that I think I'll be looking for Spring.

Posted

Urm I'm already getting tired. It's terrible. Monday was great, watching the snow and then waking up to white on tuesday! Thursday my Uni had a snow day which was a first for me so I enjoyed it. Today is another whiteout but it doesn't spark the the little kid in me. If this carries on into next week I will get really annoyed because I need the lecturers help to understand things at uni and I can't do that if they are stuck in snow drift!

Posted

I tired of being forecast snow and not getting any. Monday was most annoying, being forecast upto 30cm and getting a wet inch with slushed up the road...... damp squid in this corner of the world...... sleety cold rain here most of the week. Bring on summer i say.......

I tired of being forecast snow and not getting any. Monday was most annoying, being forecast upto 30cm and getting a wet inch with slushed up the road...... damp squid in this corner of the world...... sleety cold rain here most of the week. Bring on summer i say.......

I wish I could send you ours, hah. I'll blow south east if you want..

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I feel your pain :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Snow is fine when it's just falling - and you don't need to go to work. But after a while, city streets are a mucky slushy mess mixed in with icy patches which is in no way fun at all for us cyclists. I'm usually a very fast rider so it's frustrating having to go so slow & feel so unsafe the whole journey.

Cold begins to grate too but it's been doing that for months now.

So personally, I'm not far off ready for spring now. Be nice to lose the many layers, the hat, the gloves, the lights (and replacing batteries!) and the constant oiling of the chain.

Posted

Anyone tired of the snow should just move here. We've had just a single fall of 0.5cm this winter so far and it melted 12 hours later.

The last time we had snow which persisted for more than a single day was December 2005.

Posted

I am officially bored of it now because it's costing me a fortune

Posted

One day of snow, just enough for the kids to have fun and build a snowman or two, then rain overnight to wash it away and mild air thereafter to ensure that we don't get icy roads. That's ideal for me.

Here in the Thames Valley this latest snow has fallen in the early hours every time and caused chaos in the rush hour, with either snow or ice every morning. Great if you don't need to get anywhere, but a pain for the rest of us who have to carry on regardless and can't take 'snow days'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
I see where you are coming from, but thats not correct for many parts of England. Scotland are much more prepared for these types of weather events as they happen much more frequently meaning the local councils are experianced in dealing with this kind of weather, and have all the snow ploughs/grit etc they require. However, further south in England these events are so much rarer, we don't have anywhere near enough slow ploughs and many counties are running out of grit.

This has meant in the last few days, many parts of England, at least for a time, the public have not been able to travel through. This is especially true away from the A roads.

This kind of spell many parts of England is currently going through would be the equivilent of Scotland seeing snowfall for a week at perhaps 5x the levels it is normally used too.

The Moray Firth coast was very cold during the Dec/January spells, -4'C daytime maximum under freezing fog, dipping to -10'C at nights regularly, we've used most of our grit salt up! Loads of frost, but no proper polar low to deliver the goods for us northerners so far. I think Lady's point was that in Aberdeenshire and the Highlands you'll see two inches of snow and think 'Oh it snowed a bit last night' whereas in London you'll see two inches of snow and think 'Oh my!'.

Posted

I could never get bored of cold and snow! I actually enjoy it even more when it is out of season and i am looking forward to spring... for further falls of snow! :D

Karyo

Edited by karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

When will I ever get bored of snow? NEVER! Besides we should make the most of this because if the current models are anything to go by we could have 12c in the South by this time next week.

Posted

I won't get tired of the snow because we haven't actually had enough of it to cause any disruption or problems.

We had a small amount of lying snow on Monday morning; most of which had thawed by the late afternoon. Then we had a couple of hours of snowfall from 5-7pm (perfect timing for the children to play in it), but that melted later that evening too.

We had snow showers pretty much all day yesterday, which didn't stick, and today it's bright and sunny and the current temperature is 7.6ºc

I am unimpressed. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Im certainly not bored with it yet, I will still be looking for snow at least into early March, after which when decent coverings are less likely then i will switch to a spring mode.

The missus and me had a winter wedding so that we could have 3 weeks enjoying the cold and snow of Canada, starting with the Rockies. We spent the last few days in Montreal and were treated to a winter storm depositing around 50cm of level snow and we were still loving it even having had the snow for the previous three weeks.

On that basis it would have to be over a month before i might start to tire of it but unless or until such a time occurs i couldnt say for sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I have to say, it does rather remind me of last August when many members were complaining about the lack of a "prolonged settled spell", and when we finally did get a prolonged spell of anticyclonic gloom (which I had warned the masses about- even in high summer high pressure doesn't always guarantee sunshine) many of the same members were wishing the Atlantic back in!

In all fairness many of the members who are complaining on this thread probably aren't the same ones as those who complain a lot about lack of snow. It does annoy me, though, when members who, in February, complain about the abundance of warm synoptics and high CETs and keep praying for snow events, suddenly move into "Spring Mode" after 1st March and shoot down anyone who welcomes a weather type that didn't feature heavily in April 2007 ("the perfect April") for "failing to move on from winter". The same members who lament the dominance of well above average CETs in winter suddenly start complaining if we don't get a spring with each of the three months well above average...

It is a fair question, though, "when will you get tired of the snow", in itself. I often wonder that to myself, for as I described in my other post, I'm not sure what the answer is in my case!

Posted

I'm not bored of the snow! I'm loving it so much i'm out more than the kids :D Having a great time teaching them how to make the perfect snowman, how to make jumps for the sledge and how to make igloos, feel like an 8yr old again.

Not moved the car for 3 days (would have to dig it out) but we have a village shop down on the main road and we have to walk 1 mile to get there but we take pictures along the way so we can look back on this time.

Posted

The ones that are saying there can never be enough snow are probably by and large school children or university students who enjoy the closures and not going to lectures but it is less fun for those of us that have to drive in it, those of us who have to work in it, those of us who have to stand on a frozen platform at 7am HOPING a train will turn up

While you youngsters must love all the snow those of us who's living depends on being able to travel to meetings get tired of it all after a while

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I suppose before you get fed up you have to have enough to get fed up of, unfortunately most of the snow that has fallen has melted due to our superior sub-tropical climate in Merseyside :D