Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

So some have had Snow (More Esp further North and West of our Region)

Please continue to discuss

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Snow has stopped here in Sawbridgeworth for the moment. A slight dusting this time. Seems a little brighter out there, wondering if more snow to come. Temp and dew points here look okay.

Edited by Hammer

Posted

06Z visible satellite situation this morning:

LOC_20090206_0600.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Cheers Paul S.

I know these ppn charts can be fickle but on the 00z run ppn doesnt clear the Kent coast until 9.00 a.m tomorrow.

They show heavy snow in time for tonights rush hour in London and -5 850s getting into the area then. IMO it will happen earlier than that but with lighter ppn, hope I'm wrong about ppn.

http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090206/00/1...ctypeuktopo.png

http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090206/00/18/h850t850eu.png

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Just got rain here with a temp of 1c

Dont really want anymore snow though . . . roads are clear as it didnt freeze much last night but pavements are deadly

Janet

Posted

Wow really heavy snow at the moment.

Looking at the radar at 9.00am suggests the areas that could do without this snow i.e Cambs, Nortants are going to be hit again. I doubt this will move much further N and could remain in situ for quiet a while.

Posted

Interesting Charts Coasty

Looks like the Snow Band is between the 2 Occluded Fronts, anywhere South or on that Occluded Front running just North of London will be seeing Rain and slops still, above it then Happy days.

Thanks for the Charts regarding Mon/Tue Tom but I can bet you a Virtual Pint here in SE Essex it will still be Rain/Sleet. It really is NOT Happening this Winter (Much like the last 18) :crazy: But i am so glad to see parts of C Southern England and SW England have dispelled the Myth that they simply Cannot get Snow any more in this Supposed Modern Winter Claptrap.

Off to work in 20 Minutes and Nice to see I have No disruption on my route.

Paul S

Posted

raining here in felixstowe, was really heavy at 9am and was gutting to think how heavy snow it'd have been if the temps were right. ILS, Whats the situation in Ipswich? Will I be suprised when I get home tonight?

Posted
Just Cold Cold Rain here, An absolutely Grim day Here

Paul S

**New Thread coming in 2 Mins**

Looks like the Snow Band is between the 2 Occluded Fronts, anywhere South or on that Occluded Front running just North of London will be seeing Rain and slops still, above it then Happy days.

Thanks for the Charts regarding Mon/Tue Tom but I can bet you a Virtual Pint here in SE Essex it will still be Rain/Sleet. It really is NOT Happening this Winter (Much like the last 18) :crazy: But i am so glad to see parts of C Southern England and SW England have dispelled the Myth that they simply Cannot get Snow any more in this Supposed even larger teapot Claptrap.

Paul S

its that bloody shield mate... do something about it.. move. i suggest usa.. best of both worlds :D

Posted

Agreed, also Paul interesting where the snow events are coming from. I was thinking Northerly, Easterly. And whilst it was the easterly at the start of the week that done the real snow for me, to think we have been looking west and getting snowfall should really remind people, that get the right conditions and it don't matter what direction it comes from.

Thanks for the Charts regarding Mon/Tue Tom but I can bet you a Virtual Pint here in SE Essex it will still be Rain/Sleet. It really is NOT Happening this Winter (Much like the last 18) :crazy: But i am so glad to see parts of C Southern England and SW England have dispelled the Myth that they simply Cannot get Snow any more in this Supposed even larger teapot Claptrap.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

BasVegas Im in Braintree, but its all stopped now :crazy:

Posted

Hi TEITS,

Having just looked at the GFS run for 00z., the low over N.France doesnt start to clear the Greenwich meridian until between 6 and 9 tonight. That would be the mechanism for dragging the cold air back south of the Thames, I think.

Not so good for us in the south of the region but as Dave states, perhaps some prolonged snowfall for those north of London that have it at the moment.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
raining here in felixstowe, was really heavy at 9am and was gutting to think how heavy snow it'd have been if the temps were right. ILS, Whats the situation in Ipswich? Will I be suprised when I get home tonight?

Had very heavy snow which has laid for the time being...PPN has moved north now so stopped snowing, not too much on the gound, but ppn will head south again later this evening. heaviest snow of the winter so far

I havent honestly seen snow falkes that BIG in years! Seen heavier snow...just not such big flakes

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
Wow really heavy snow at the moment.

Looking at the radar at 9.00am suggests the areas that could do without this snow i.e Cambs, Nortants are going to be hit again. I doubt this will move much further N and could remain in situ for quiet a while.

Yep, same story here Dave. Surprised at the intensity of the snow but it is coming down fairly hard and has done for about an hour and a half now.

I'm not complaining though! It is settling again everywhere and topping up yesterday's 4-5 inches. I would estimate an extra 2 inches has fallen already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Light to moderate snow falling with temperature's OC and DP's 0C.

Some pictures from 10 minutes ago here in SW Suffolk.

post-1600-1233912472_thumb.jpg

post-1600-1233912508_thumb.jpg

post-1600-1233912554_thumb.jpg

and Sinbad the snowman :lol:

post-1600-1233912635_thumb.jpg

Seasons :D

Edited by Seasons

Posted

NEW UPGRADE FOR LONDON !

Early warnings of severe or extreme weather

These are issued when the Met Office has 60% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few days.

Risk of disruption Warning Valid from Valid to

London & South East England:60% Gtr London

60% Surrey

Heavy Snow 0731 Fri 6 1500 Fri 6

There is a high risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southeast England on Friday. Periods of snow will be heavy at times and will give local accumulations of 2 to 5 cm and up to 10 cm over high ground. This is likely to cause disruption to travel.

Issued at: 0741 Fri 6 Feb

Posted

Hi Jimmyay,

As I've just stated in my last post, no disrespect to the Met Office, but I think the main threat south of the river will come after 3 p.m., not before. I dont see ppn of any note getting here much before 3, hope I'm wrong of course and that its snow, when it does arrive. :lol:

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Pouring with rain and much of the thick snow washed away in Surbiton at 8am, slush on the M25 around Heathrow at 8.30am, and one inch of lying albeit wet and driveable snow in the car parks at school and work in Uxbridge at 8.45am. What a difference 30 miles and 45 minutes make! :lol:

Posted

Had very heavy snow here even though it stopped and went sleety it is now hailing.

A lot of the roads in St Albans are the worst for years!! No gritting or snow ploughing.

All busses stopped and the main road into St Albans is closed because of snow/ice and abandoned cars.

I tried to get to work but got stuck and heard about the problems on all roads and motorways!!

A lorry is currently stuck on our road too.

Posted

Well the GFS 06z ppn charts show snow getting into the London area around 6 p.m and not finally clearing until 6 tomorrow morning. Hope they're right, although I think we will get some snow south of the river, I dont think it will be as persistant, or as heavy, as those charts suggest. :lol:

Regards,

Tom.