Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi Tamara,

I see the GFS 18z still wants to pep up the ppn over Kent/Sussex for a while after midnight, yet.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Monday's event looking very uncertain still, the models still disagree about the placement and strength of the low pressure cell, probably a mix once again of guidence is the best way to approach this set-up. If the GFS is right though then we will only have a few hours of snow perhaps before a nice long rain spell...if the UKMO is correct then a totally different issue could occur, getting precip in the first place, the bes toutcome for us is probably the ECM which iss a mix between the two. Whether or not the cold air is in place or not is another thing that has to be observed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
If you took some of the air around you, that you are measuring, and chilled it; eventually it would become saturated and start to form fog (cloud). Dry air would need more chilling to become saturated (a lower dew point). Saturated air is already at its dewpoint.

The lower the dewpoint the dryer the air.

Len

Thankyou so much for taking time to answer me. So would it mean that in situations like at present, the lower the dew point, the higher chance of rain falling as snow? dewpoint has dropped again to -1.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun
post-24-1233961066_thumb.png - Chris this is right in the Middle of the 15 Hour North Easterly as the Low Pressure Exits towards the Continent, obviously expect changes to the Track of the Low etc but with Meto stating Heavy Snow Showers for the South East on Tuesday it is all to play for. Now this WOULD Deliver for Kent

Paul S

thank you for reply! appreciated! i always expect changes.

thank you again

regards chris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

temps improving..... if we dont run out of precip... now 0.4c and dew is -0.6c :o

Edited by MikeStanton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Snow coming down quite a bit atm, settled on shed roof, walls and fence tops, paths very wet still.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
Hi Tamara,

I see the GFS 18z still wants to pep up the ppn over Kent/Sussex for a while after midnight, yet.

Regards,

Tom.

Hi Tom :(

That's good to hear! I have recently finished a chinese with some friends so that would be a great way to round off the evening :o

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection