Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Well I don't believe it - now snowing really heavy in Norwich of all places. Despite ground being so wet - snow is settling on grass, cars and a slush layer on concrete surfaces!! Unexpected so a nice suprise!

Posted

Snowless and drizzly in Kent. Sun just making its way out........ Damp Squib yet again for us kent folk........

Even my mum near Ilminster Somerset has had 8-9 inches snow overnight and her village is cut off. even larger teapot doesnt favour kent me thinks.......

Itll just be drizzly later again today when fragmenting front moves back through.... Sunday night/monday are now looking like its going to turn out wet and windy here...... we truelly have a snow-shield here..... Im moving to canada in a few years..... will get proper winter then....

Posted

Stopped in Cambridge now and from looking at the radar it would appear the bulk of the ppn is sitting roughly over the Peterborough area.

Presumably this lot will trundle south again later and i'm a bit concerned about my journey back up the A14 to St Ives

Just checked the Cambridge University Weather, in fact quite useful for anyone in this area, so here's the link

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Norwich and some of Norfolk seems to have been abandoned by this particular cold spell.

Some snow which hasn't layed, some sleet and snizzle but nothing anywhere near what lots of the country have had.

Maybe we will get our turn later.

Edited by HomerJ

Posted
I wouldn't go to Luton Tom, my great great Nan (109) recently phoned me saying how bad the snow was down there. She's back home now after injuring her hips coming off the sledge down a hill.

Hope she's ok?

wots sghe doing on a sledge at that age :crazy:

Posted
Just damp here,no snow at all and lovely blue sky :crazy:

Ooo, i'd like to have a lovely blue sky - we had everything this morning. I'd like some sun to dry up the roads and pavements now so I can have a walk at lunch time! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks guys for your quick responses, re. my query about Luton airport.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Well, once again it looks like Norwich area and Eastern Norfolk is going to miss out on this again. Been raining since 9ish and started snowing a little bit at 10. Fairly light but largeish flakes coming down at the moment which admittedly is starting to setttle, amazingly. However it looks like the precipitation band will move away quickly, so what has settled will probably melt :-(

Tried to attach pic of my green, green grass but I can't upload phone pics according to the website. And as I type this the snow is stopping* :crazy:

When-oh-when?! I'm off to slit my wrists :)

* has stopped

Posted
Norwich and some of Norfolk seems to have been abandoned by this particular cold spell.

Some snow which hasn't layed, some sleet and snizzle but nothing anywhere near what lots of the country have had.

Maybe we will get our turn later.

you might be in luck fairly soon - went out in central Norfolk at 9.30 in rain and a little sleet, now very heavy snow has covered everything in white loveliness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

She eats lots of greens

My wife said she had 8" where she was last night

Posted

Tom this is a webcam near Luton on M1. does not look good at this moment anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/threecounties/webcams...4&region=TL

Thanks guys for your quick responses, re. my query about Luton airport.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

It was supposed to be rain/snowing today and its doing nothing , lovely blue sky... :)

I think the weather forecasters got it abit wrong :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Is it because her football match was called off?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
They show heavy snow in time for tonights rush hour in London and -5 850s getting into the area then. IMO it will happen earlier than that but with lighter ppn, hope I'm wrong about ppn.

Its now a bit sleety temp 1.2c , 60 miles north west of london

I assume you think more colder air will spill south ?

BBC show a ban of sleety rain leaving the london south east area today

I dont see nay major snow event south eat or london today/tonight

Posted

Any progression of this band anywhere near Surrey/Hants yet...or is it fizzling away already?

Have a feeling we are just going to be stuck with cold cloud all day, much to the satisfaction of the mild lovers working for the BBC who see snow as evil :crazy: still, we still have quite a bit here from sunday, not bad in this day and age :)

Posted
It was supposed to be rain/snowing today and its doing nothing , lovely blue sky... :o

I think the weather forecasters got it abit wrong :o

Especially as it's 7C!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks Hammer.

Now when do we think this ppn will start heading south, if at all and will it hold together?

Updated warning for Gtr.London/Surrey looking a little OTT already, where is the ppn going to come from before 3 p.m?

Just cant see it happening myself.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

I'd say the first signs noticeable on the 10.30 radar. Would say in the next 2 hours we will see it start to return, but I think unless that colder air is pushing through and PPN remains quite heavy it is going to be sleety even for locations north of London like myself.

Thanks Hammer.

Now when do we think this ppn will start heading south, if at all and will it hold together?

Updated warning for Gtr.London/Surrey looking a little OTT already, where is the ppn going to come from before 3 p.m?

Just cant see it happening myself.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
Now when do we think this ppn will start heading south, if at all and will it hold together? Updated warning for Gtr.London/Surrey looking a little OTT already, where is the ppn going to come from before 3 p.m? Just cant see it happening myself.

Well its got a long way to go to reach me and its currently 7.3 DgC and rising in Sussex. Dreary drizzle! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Likes hot weather. Don't like the cold.
Especially as it's 7C!!

It's 2c here in NW Kent, dull and orrible