Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi stewfox,

I think I reacted to the Meto updated warning for London/Surrey re. ppn arriving early afternoon, in this area.

But having looked at GFS pressure charts colder air cant really return south of the Thames until low pressure over France moves east of the Greenwich meridian, which it doesnt seem to do until after 6 p.m and by that time ppn may well start to fizzle out anyway, if not before. Hope I'm wrong, big time.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
Well, once again it looks like Norwich area and Eastern Norfolk is going to miss out on this again. Been raining since 9ish and started snowing a little bit at 10. Fairly light but largeish flakes coming down at the moment which admittedly is starting to setttle, amazingly. However it looks like the precipitation band will move away quickly, so what has settled will probably melt :-(

Tried to attach pic of my green, green grass but I can't upload phone pics according to the website. And as I type this the snow is stopping* :o

When-oh-when?! I'm off to slit my wrists :o

* has stopped

I feel your pain. PPN now stopping here and a little brighter. Not long to January 2010 for our next shot at some snow eh?

Posted

Its going to snow here later this afternoon and overnight . Precipitation will pivot right over me here.

Its about 1-2c here at present

Stop the panic, I am quitely confident now

Posted
I feel your pain. PPN now stopping here and a little brighter. Not long to January 2010 for our next shot at some snow eh?

Keep the faith for a little longer not to mention keep those fingers crossed!!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

On the basis of some nice snow early this week I shouldn't complain too much - but conditions have got less and less wintry over the last 24 hrs here. A total non event here and by the time the colder air finally filters SE, there will be little or no ppn left and it will just die out as rain.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Had more heavy snowfall here overnight and this moring by the look of it. Another 4 inches plus has fallen and settled. This is amazing, 3 days this week there has been lying deep snow or what we consider deep, in total must be 8 inches still out my back windows, all the tree's are covered. Looks like a scene from narnia when they first found mr tumness in the snowy forest :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

SE ENgland- Kent, is hanging on to the milder air. 7oC here, compared to 0oC in Ipswich where we saw snow. Any ppn coming back down should turn readily to snow and shunt the mild air away from from SE

Posted

Been snowing in Bushey, Herts for the past 1.5 hours now. Gets really heavy at times with huge flakes then recedes and we've not got sleety/very fine snow. Lots of snow on the ground, roads are atrocious and it's very very cold.

Posted
Hi stewfox,

I think I reacted to the Meto updated warning for London/Surrey re. ppn arriving early afternoon, in this area.

But having looked at GFS pressure charts colder air cant really return south of the Thames until low pressure over France moves east of the Greenwich meridian, which it doesnt seem to do until after 6 p.m and by that time ppn may well start to fizzle out anyway, if not before. Hope I'm wrong, big time.

Regards,

Tom.

Dont give up yet, It might pivot and move back south. Also stuff moving up from the SW which may pivot. Also a polar low east of Scotland which may develop into something tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Im not looking forward to work tonight, told everyone yesterday (well I kept going on and on about it), that we would all wake up to tons of snow just like Monday!!!!!!! :D:D

Posted

Snow easing off a fair bit now, much lighter than earlier.

Here is quick video I made earlier when it was falling a bit heavier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TkLtbhAgjg

Apologies for poor quality + shaky camera work.

Posted
Pathetic!...heavy rain this morning, turned briefly to wet snow on the way to Colchester but not settling. Just damp and snizzly now - rubbish!! :D

So when are you going to put the Live Feed up of you eating your George Underwear

Dont say I did'nt warn you Timmy :D:D

As for rest of Today, Total Total Over-Reaction again from the Met Office for this Afternoon in the Greater London Area, In Fact they should be Shot down there, I dont think they have performed this Badly in a long long time.

Might get some of the Netweather Forecasters to apply for a Job down there and kick some sense into them

Paul S

Snows getting a lot heavier here again, radar says that the heaviest bit has now moved out into the north sea? Any ideas where that's forecasted to go later? I'd imagine it's going to pivot round west and move south east? Perhaps could drop a lot on EA?

Edited by mituozo

Posted
Snows getting a lot heavier here again, radar says that the heaviest bit has now moved out into the north sea? Any ideas where that's forecasted to go later? I'd imagine it's going to pivot round west and move south east? Perhaps could drop a lot on EA?

Now don't tease....... :D

Posted

A lot of what :D Waheyyyy Drizzle and Snizzle my favourite type of Weather

Roll on 78 Days and some Proper Supercells and Tornadoes

Posted

The Meteox radar has the band, currently across north Cambs, Midlands and south Lincs, just heading north and clearing completely. No sign of anything heading south again.

Posted

if that happens it could strengthen whilst over the north sea right?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
well.. temp is now 1c, dewpoint is now 0c.. and would you believe it the odd flake of snow :D

There is hope then! I was almost ready for Spring as I've had enough of the fog and slush, however if we could have one more big dump that would be fab!

Sarah

well.. temp is now 1c, dewpoint is now 0c.. and would you believe it the odd flake of snow :D

I will have to get my long range Binoculars out... :D I cant see any from here-

but I trust you are seeing them- If thats the case I will gently look forwards to tonight?-

Who wants to give me a quick update- As for once Ive had a nice long lie in!!

S

Posted

Sleet falling now, turning in to wet snow

earlier than I thought...maybe something might come out of this after all :D

Posted
There is hope then! I was almost ready for Spring as I've had enough of the fog and slush, however if we could have one more big dump that would be fab!

Sarah

Just one big dump would be nice before spring!! :D:D