Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

lol, its only a sideswipe due to how jealous I am of storm chasers in general mate :)

potentially most active few month coming up for us all so I`m gonna enjoy it whatever we get (queue the roaring bunny easterly :) )

Posted

Now reaching the elevated and balmy heights of 8.4 DgC here and rising!

Posted
A very good post, It is this Outlook that is keeping me sane, I am expecting it to become MUCH MUCH Colder from the North and North-East which will make this little Episode seem like a Mild Spell. Have also heard even the Meto are coming on board with regards to this, expect an announcement soon

Paul S

Still won't get any snow in our parts, I'm finding it difficult to swallow so much gussett over the last few days, I can't eat no more, but I did agree with you in terms of rain rather than snow here today. It's almost as if we have our own little micro-climate along the EA coast - has ther been any suggestion by any of the 'big wigs' on this board on why we missed out on Sunday/Monday?

Edited by Timmy H

Posted
lol, its only a sideswipe due to how jealous I am of storm chasers in general mate :)

potentially most active few month coming up for us all so I`m gonna enjoy it whatever we get (queue the roaring bunny easterly :lol: )

You should come out there Mezza, Best 11 days you will ever spend, we even have chances of Snow in Amarillo in May :doh: :wacko: Well they are nearly 4,000ft asl.

And yes I know what you mean - Raging Easterly around the Start of April when Easter kicks off. :lol:

Posted

Are the rest of the Norfolk squad getting the heavy snow?

In the middle of the county it is lovely - heavy snow and it is settling despite very wet conditons - the roads are whote or slushy if well used and if this keeps up, it will be messy on the roads tomorrow after the freeze tonight....

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Front seems to be pepping up around here and northants border area, large snowflakes falling steadily here again once more :lol:

Posted
Warning of heavy snow in south east eh? should be good for the Midlands then!

Oh dear, disappointing when the national forecasters are ridiculed but I take your point. I think they are just being over cautious as its easier to say it will snow here, there and everywhere when it doesn't than vice versa.

I'm sticking with NW for my forecasts :lol:

Edited by Vesuvius

Posted

Latest from Paul Blight from Ukww

As the low moves east the band will move east, with a gradual fizzling of Precipitation from the North, leaving SE Hants and Sussex by this evening (SE Essex to Beachy Head now unlikely to see much activity at all as the band largely dying before it gets there. Precipitation will be active this morning, but model indicates that rates die through the afternoon. Cold undercut continues to indicate rain turning to sleet /Snow as the band comes SE , 7-10cm across SOmerset, cotswolds, Blackdowns etc, coming SE 2-5cm across other parts of CS England SW of London and 1-2cm across London and the SE. THus the risk of another SEvere event in the SE is much reduced now - clearly having occured further west !

Thats us done for Coast :lol:

Although there might be hope for areas more to the West of London.

Paul S

Posted

GFS still moving the low further south and weaker on the 06z run compared to previous days runs which is very interesting as it brings the south more and more into the game though is still very marginal it has to be said...

Posted
Thats us done for Coast :wacko:

I'm looking forward to bigger and better things now. I'm not sure which year it will be, but I want bigger and better! :lol:

Posted

Got to agree mainly with what Paul Blight says but something to note though Paul is the 06z models do bring a little area of heavier precip into the south/SE, indeed radar shows that little area very nicely and that may feed up the front somewhat, though to what degree is hard to say. Cold air undercutting that should mean it turns at least wintry, if not to snow.

Posted
Got to agree mainly with what Paul Blight says but something to note though Paul is the 06z models do bring a little area of heavier precip into the south/SE, indeed radar shows that little area very nicely and that may feed up the front somewhat, though to what degree is hard to say. Cold air undercutting that should mean it turns at least wintry, if not to snow.

Quite steady snowfall here now, looks to be setting in though still a bit wet so not lying readily except on frozen surface snow, but something seems to be pepping things up now

Maybe a trip to the higher hills surrounding the town might be a laugh this afternoon... :lol:

Posted

Chaos here now.

Around 4inches of snow has fallen on top of the existing 8inches we already had. As of 12pm all buses in Peterborough have been cancelled and many shops have closed with employees being sent home.

The band of snow seems to have reached its N limit and looking at this it seems to be weakening. What happens as it moves back SE is anyones guess.

Posted

Will watch that Closely Darren Thanks

I think someone at the Meto is Taking a da Pish

East of England: Essex

Heavy Snow Mon 9 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern England on Monday. A band of rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it moves eastwards. There is the potential for around 5cm of accumulating snow in places, locally 10 cm.

Issued at: 1200 Fri 6 Feb

Now if you look on the Map, Essex is surrounded by Greens, North Kent is Green so Is Suffolk and London, The eejits are gonna screw this one up as well :wacko: :lol:

Maybe they know the Snow Shield is going in for Maintenance on Monday :doh: :lol:

Posted

We may just be far enough south for us not to get the really decaying part of the front, southern counites are most likely to get this heavier region but we shall see exactly what happens in the enxt few hours. Front still pivoting but probably well over halfway now, won't be long before it comes eastwards, for most though further east that hasn't got any precip its not going to give a great deal probably...

Eye, you've done quite well it seems, certainly seems to have been quite strong.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
Chaos here now.

Around 4inches of snow has fallen on top of the existing 8inches we already had. As of 12pm all buses in Peterborough have been cancelled and many shops have closed with employees being sent home.

The band of snow seems to have reached its N limit and looking at this it seems to be weakening. What happens as it moves back SE is anyones guess.

Send some down here please Dave. :lol:

It is anything but like winter atm :wacko:

Posted

After a bit of drizzle for the last half hour, got darker again here in Norwich and starting to lightly snow - I wonder how long it will take for the precipitation to keep going here. Will it pass over quickly , or will it start sliding up th from SW to NE as the band pulls back South East?

Only time will tell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny and Dry with a Hard Frost.

rain and very wet sleet all morning round Farnham/Guildford way. I will wait to see what happens once the whole lot goes into reverse in the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
Chaos here now.

Yes here in alconbury another 3 inches on top of 7 inches yesterday,just got back from work roads are chaos. Snowing lighter now.

Posted

Heavy snow falling here again once more, adding to the 8 inches lying on the ground. This is just getting mental, not seen this much snow in a week since i was 5yrs old, im 31now so thats the most in 25yrs round these parts :D

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
Eye, you've done quite well it seems, certainly seems to have been quite strong.

Very lucky.

For some reason this is the 2nd consectitive day when bands of precip have intensified around 20miles to my S and produced heavy snow. This is also true for much of Northants. A friend of mine who lives in Lincoln which is only 40miles N of Peterborough has no snow at all!

Posted

TEITS

as its snowing in peterborough still, how long do reckon myself in NW Norfolk is going to see the snow continue?? im at work and havent had the chance to see the forecast or models.

is this feature currently giving me snow in my location going to stay for a while longer?? and what direction is it heading??

and the BIG question.........is it likely to continue as snow or revert back to sleet/rain??

i would appreciate any sort of reply