Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

hmmm, i have just had a quick look on the metcheck website and for my area it says Tuesday is a case of a snow event aswell? They say that a total of 32mm of snow is predicted with 6hours being heavy snow, initally starting as sleet....any input on this?

If this is true, im really :D but :doh: !!!!! lol

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayfor...sbury&day=4

Edited by JamieUK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Hi Blizz, my niece is driving up to Birmingham tomorrow, as far as I can see it looks dry, hoping you can firm this up,

cheers

dallas :doh:

Hi, it should be dry except a risk of a few scattered Snow showers though this is more likely in the West and South West of Birmingham such as Dudley, Bromsgrove, Wolverhampton etc...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Hi Blizz, my niece is driving up to Birmingham tomorrow, as far as I can see it looks dry, hoping you can firm this up,

cheers

dallas :D

Looks like a relativley clear drive, maybe the odd wintry shower closer to Brum

Sorry Blizzards, you beat me to it....lol :doh:

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Some showers pulling in from north wales, could reach western/northern ares of midlands later on?

any views.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lol, those showers in Wales wont be getting here. Will the Cheshire Gap come alive later?

Posted
Hi, it should be dry except a risk of a few scattered Snow showers though this is more likely in the West and South West of Birmingham such as Dudley, Bromsgrove, Wolverhampton etc...

Cheers Blizz appreciate your time :doh:

Posted
Some showers pulling in from north wales, could reach western/northern ares of midlands later on?

any views.

Unfortunately they may reach Herefordshire but nowhere else in the Midlands at the moment. :doh:

Posted

Cheers ajpoolshark :D

Posted

any views.

Could well do, hopefully the cheshire gap effect kicks in later on.

Those showers have currently dumped 1-2cms of snow on top of the previous covering we had from Wednesday and Thursday.

Posted
Could well do, hopefully the cheshire gap effect kicks in later on.

Those showers have currently dumped 1-2cms of snow on top of the previous covering we had from Wednesday and Thursday.

Excellent, those showers wont get here but the Cheshire Gap could do wonders!

Posted

Temp has already got down to -2.5c here as the wind dropped off,wind picked up and a fizzling out light snow shower -0.8c

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Clear skies here now, moons out (well 89% of it) which shines on white snow fields

Lovely, I hope we get some bone cold temps tonight

Seems too cold for the cats now but dog still wants to play

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Back to being a Midlander, and I got more snow than you :rolleyes:

Hoping for more snow on Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Back to being a Midlander, and I got more snow than you :rolleyes:

Hoping for more snow on Sunday.

nick, yeah most in the southwest, but i did get 2 good snowy spells (similar to feb 8th and 9th 2007), on monday 2nd and thursday 5th and also decentish snow on sunday 1st, some of snow now gone, im not too confident about sunday, never seem to do well with snow from the west

ive been happy with this cold spell one of my best probably the best since 2000, but disappointment about no cheshire gap snow tonight/tomorrow night

Posted
nick, yeah most in the southwest, but i did get 2 good snowy spells (similar to feb 8th and 9th 2007), on monday 2nd and thursday 5th and also decentish snow on sunday 1st, some of snow now gone, im not too confident about sunday, never seem to do well with snow from the west

ive been happy with this cold spell one of my best probably the best since 2000, but disappointment about no cheshire gap snow tonight/tomorrow night

yes darren bett seemingly pessimistic about the gap prospects for tonight, looks like its closed for business. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

If you haven't read my post in the main cold thread then it wasn't all fun and games! We had no power, no heating, no hot water and the roads were blocked by fallen trees - which had felled due to the sheer weight of the snow that fell. This has to be the best cold spell in my lifetime (not hard really), and if this is a modern winter then more modern winters please!

Posted

Cheshire Gap Showers doesnt look like materialising tonight and everything just passing to our West...this is really annoying now... B)

Posted
i hope we get snow on sunday B) maybe tuesday what are peoples views on this ? also what are people views on a cold endto feb?

im feeling pessimistic, i think we have bore the brunt of the snow. sundays band looks very weak, so some light snow is the only possibility imo. tuesday has very low confidence, and looks too marginal.

Posted

Whats happening after the band of PPN on Sunda? Is it going mild or is it staying wonderfully cold?

Edited by Albion Snowman

Posted

Tbh im losing hope for Sunday now aswell, the charts may be better but the BBC Forecasts look like nothing heavy. No where neas much snow here as was forecast.

Posted
Tbh im losing hope for Sunday now aswell, the charts may be better but the BBC Forecasts look like nothing heavy. No where neas much snow here as was forecast.

same here im losing hope on any more significant snowfall this winter

Posted

Forecasters got it horribly wrong for here and its always elsewhere that sees the best, never here.

Sunday may see something but i bet by tomorrow it will be forecast as rain. Utter disgrace.

Posted

wouldnt go far as that mate although time is running out. ecm looks good in its latter stages, the classic low over western europe playing against northerly blocking, bringing some decent snowfall i would imagine. at the moment it is still all to play for. sunday looks very light, with only a little precipitation, which seems to get heavier as it moves northwards across scotland. tuesday is very marginal, but looks to deliver some worthwhile precipitation. blizzard, but imho its never worth really getting your hopes up. you are an optimistic person, but its never worth getting excited as things can change very quickly in this country as many know(last night)

Edited by azores92