Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

From experience I thought that Bigger flakes can indicate that it's marginal? God I'm not any good at snow, I'm more into storms, but hey if Davie says snow I'll trust him

Posted
They're getting a bit carried away now! :lol:

I agree, it really seems that they are just constantly covering their a**es instead of making accurate calls on the weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Potential to very nasty....wherever its snow will be dangerous...just the tricky bit working out where! BBC, Meto and net-wx still confident many areas could see snow. So im more hopeful...but a little excited about a bit of tonights snow first :lol:

Posted
Thanks so much for the reply. Its raining here at the moment so fingers crossed for the temps to drop so it turns to snow! Won't hold my breath though!

not far from you snowing at stansted, be interesting if you get much, as the airport is fair bit higher then you

Posted
From experience I thought that Bigger flakes can indicate that it's marginal? God I'm not any good at snow, I'm more into storms, but hey if Davie says snow I'll trust him

Oh,don't put that on my shoulders, but very confident that any moderate/heavy ppn will be snow. Haverhill, same latitude but further west, now reporting snow, so shouldnt be too long till we find out.

Marginal does result in bigger flakes, but theres lots of reasons. It is marginal, but I very much believe we are on right side. Areas further S in Essex have had some snow (not everwhere I know...) So im confident....but dont hold me to it :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Got me airband radio on, and some planes are holding to get into stansted, modarate snow there at mo
The BIGGEST flakes I have ever seen and HEAVY at Radwinter, Saffron Walden, Essex. Total covering in just a few minutes!

Incredible size flakes here too. (9 miles from you).

Much heavier than I was expecting.............. :lol:

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

And it's laying everywhere including main roads :(

Well this is a turn up for the books!! :wacko:

Seasons :o

Posted

Seasons you are teasing me! Still dry here, but shouldn't be far away...the radar did show heavy echoes so not surprise you got it heavy. Hopefully just a taster for tomorrow...but thts a different ball game :wacko:

Posted

Unfortunately for me I'm only 53m ASL, compared to Stevenage which is apparently about 100m. That probably explains the rather extreme contrasts with snow there and rain here on Thurs/Fri. The snow here is very wet but it's left a dusting on cars and the neighbour's drive. Is it encouraging for tomorrow or not? I don't think so. I would be disappointed but not surprised to hear about snow in Stevenage tomorrow when it's still raining here. Temperature is just 0.3c.

Actually just found out I'm 70m ASL! 230feet.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

honestly now, I think we'll be too close to the coast to see any significant snow. I think Cambridgeshire, Herts, Berks will get a fair few inches but I'm just not confident will see anything of substance here. Love to be wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Is there any point in me going out in the pouring rain to do my snow dance around the remnants of last Mondays snowman - a scarf, carrot and two sprouts heaped on the grass - and hope that it will give me snow...?!

More chance of hell freezing over I think :wacko:

Posted
Unfortunately for me I'm only 53m ASL, compared to Stevenage which is apparently about 100m. That probably explains the rather extreme contrasts with snow there and rain here on Thurs/Fri. The snow here is very wet but it's left a dusting on cars and the neighbour's drive. Is it encouraging for tomorrow or not? I don't think so. I would be disappointed but not surprised to hear about snow in Stevenage tomorrow when it's still raining here. Temperature is just 0.3c.

i think everone has a chance tomorrow evening and especially tuesday

Posted
And it's laying everywhere including main roads :(

Well this is a turn up for the books!! :wacko:

Seasons :o

Starting to peter out now think thats our lot by looking at the radar. Tonights snow has left me confident of at least seeing transitionary snow tommorow night

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted
Starting to peter out now think thats our lot by looking at the radar. Tonights snow has left me confident of at least seeing transitionary snow tommorow night

still heavy up in pin green lampost watching !