Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
big fat flakes she said. lol

Scotland really has a terrible effect sometimes! Obese snow now :) it really is shocking.

MON THEN !

:) That's whit I'm talkin aboot :huh:

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
I'd say there was about 10% chance it is rain in EK tomorrow, not marginal at all :huh: It's marginal near the coasts though, i think Ayr/Prestwick etc will struggle, they may just end up with rain/sleet. More likely to be a mix of sleet and snow here but we shall see what happens!

so thats a massive 90% chance of snow in east kilbride prob around 85-80% for the rest of lanarkshire

do u think the met-office will give a further update tonight or have they now made there bed?

Posted
do u think the met-office will give a further update tonight or have they now made there bed?

Well, they included Western Scotland in their warnings for a few hours today and then dropped it so they could easily change again. But as others have said I really wouldn't pay much attention as we could easily see snow even if they don't change it.

Look at the snow Shetland has had and not a single warning as far as I'm aware!

Posted
Well, they included Western Scotland in their warnings for a few hours today and then dropped it so they could easily change again. But as others have said I really wouldn't pay much attention as we could easily see snow even if they don't change it.

Look at the snow Shetland has had and not a single warning as far as I'm aware!

wasn't that earlier warning out for icy roads only?

Posted

Hmmm, now you mention it I'm not entirely sure but I thought it was an advance warning for snow. Besides, even if it was for icy roads look how quickly that changed :huh:

Posted

No they had a warning out for snow earlier I'm sure and then downgraded the warning, the metoffice chop and change their minds more than a woman changes clothes. I've stopped trusting their forcasts.

Posted
Hmmm, now you mention it I'm not entirely sure but I thought it was an advance warning for snow. Besides, even if it was for icy roads look how quickly that changed :huh:

hey i am totally with you as far as the met-office they are either spot on or way off but generally there updated warnings provide input for fast changing systems giving better indication to the experts on here of how things might really pan out

Posted
I see its snowing in aberdeen again. Mother inlaw just called, big fat flakes she said. lol

A dusting of icing sugar on the frozen snow from earlier - temps are below zero now so any melting snow has frozen to make for icy conditions out there. Luckily I can observe from my window, as I am a clumsy clot at the best of times!

Posted
No they had a warning out for snow earlier I'm sure and then downgraded the warning, the metoffice chop and change their minds more than a woman changes clothes. I've stopped trusting their forcasts.

They still have one?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/st/...t_warnings.html

Or did they have an orange warning and downgrade it to a yellow watch? I was probs in my bed :o

I dont think they will put out any more warnings until the front moves in and then they will probably put out flash warnings :)

Posted

Ross - we (central) were originally Yellow which has now been "upgraded" to Orange....

Means diddly squat, as they'll probably Red Alert Englandshire and leave us green by midnight :o

Posted

Hi All,

Very heavy snow here last night - the most I've ever seen.

Have attached a few photos from my garden - spot the igloo!

post-9362-1234031051_thumb.jpg

post-9362-1234031060_thumb.jpg

post-9362-1234031068_thumb.jpg

post-9362-1234031082_thumb.jpg

post-9362-1234031123_thumb.jpg

post-9362-1234031134_thumb.jpg

Edited by saperlo

Posted
Ross - we (central) were originally Yellow which has now been "upgraded" to Orange....

Means diddly squat, as they'll probably Red Alert Englandshire and leave us green by midnight :)

That is for the ice tonight. But yeah it does mean diddly :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Is that the first showers from the front now just appearing on the met office radat of the SW coast of Ireland....?

-1.5 C, dropping fast. DP = -5.1 C.

Posted

It's a great igloo! Good photos too :)

Very jealous :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
It's a great igloo! Good photos too :)

Very jealous :)

hopefully monday will be an igloo day :o

Posted

Actually, the igloo is really quite warm inside and amazingly quiet

I'm considering moving in for awhile and maybe getting a couple of penguins!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
You don't think the front is gonna split in half and head south and north and completely miss the central belt? :)

http://www.sat24.com/

i did think that looked like that yeah but i don't think it will

hope not :o

on closer inspection i think it will stick together :)

Edited by cwpiper

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
hopefully monday will be an igloo day :o

Hi cwpiper,

Going by Shuggee's excellent earlier post, I think that I now fancy my chances here. :)

Big Innes

Posted
Hi cwpiper,

Going by Shuggee's excellent earlier post, I think that I now fancy my chances here. :o

Big Innes

yeah, i liked his 'ideally edinburgh would be a bit further north' bit :)

Posted
With the front approaching Western Ireland, I see the temps have dropped from 6c to 1c, this bodes well :D

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

my earlier comment seems to be correct- as the front comes in the wind seems to turn more to the south so it seems that the front will hit further south initially before hitting here later

if the front is fragmenting (which i don't think it is) it will affect the west rather than the centre specifically

Posted
How About West Fife Dexter, are we invited to the pending snow fest? :doh:

We had about a further 1.5cm this morning when it snowed from about 7am till 8am, aye ye cannae beat a good a good snow event :D

Big Innes

If your not happy with that 1.5cm then how about i just take it in future? This morning i woke to nothing but wet ground with no white in sight. But i have since been told before i got up it was Blizzard conditions here but did not lie and yet having driven around Edinburgh today it seems everywhere to the north, south, east and west of me is white bar a couple of towns either side! Not so much a snow dome we have here more a 'No chance of it lying' Dome :D

Lets hope we get a couple of cm's over the next 48 hours but im really not holding my breath! Easterly seems to be the only way we can get any half decent snowfall!

Posted
If your not happy with that 1.5cm then how about i just take it in future? This morning i woke to nothing but wet ground with no white in sight. But i have since been told before i got up it was Blizzard conditions here but did not lie and yet having driven around Edinburgh today it seems everywhere to the north, south, east and west of me is white bar a couple of towns either side! Not so much a snow dome we have here more a 'No chance of it lying' Dome :doh:

Lets hope we get a couple of cm's over the next 48 hours but im really not holding my breath! Easterly seems to be the only way we can get any half decent snowfall!

Rrea00120060312.gif

this brought 7 inches in march 2006

so anything's possible