Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
Traffic scotland camera just south of Aberdeen shows lots has just fallen. Try to post pic but failed. :D

Looks lovely :D

post-26-1234046120_thumb.jpg

Posted

I see Ross, yes it's another solution albeit an outdated one.

Considering this is supposed to be kicking off tomorrow, I don't think it's looking good right now.

I cannot believe how much snow many parts of England have seen this week and how many weather warnings they've had and it looks like more snow is to come for many of them tomorrow.

Even the Aberdonians have had a good fall, and the Glaswegians, Edinburghererererers and Dundonians have received the short straw again!

I know it's only the weather but it's impossible to not feel disappointed!

I don't think the vodka is helping matters much either! :D

Posted

Just been outside - fresh squeaky snow underfoot - about 1 1/2 inches as a guess (i.e. sticking the finger in and seeing how far it goes in, on a surface I cleared earlier). Lovely & still coming down lightly.

Husband is going down to Edingburgh for the rugby tomorrow..

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

I feel daft just had himself in from out in the garage ( where he has taken his beloved cerbera to bits), he said i am sitting watching radar and web cams like waiting to see if i've won the lottery. lol

With a voddy to Sawel. :lol:

Posted
I feel daft just had himself in from out in the garage ( where he has taken his beloved cerbera to bits), he said i am sitting watching radar and web cams like waiting to see if i've won the lottery. lol

With a voddy to Sawel. :lol:

Yes I think the vodka is making it even more depressing! lol

Back home, my mum had 2 days off work because of the snow.........sigh. That's really rubbing it in.

Posted
18z GFS parallel is poor also for tomorrow. :wacko:

oh well swings and roundabouts sad I was happy with a covering on Monday? At least I got snow this year, makes up for not having seen a thunderstorm in two years.

Posted
18z GFS parallel is poor also for tomorrow. :wacko:

Must say I agree with you Sawel. Things looked fairly decent right up until tonight and now it looks to be another kick in the teeth! Obviously not over yet by any means but as Sawel says, it aint looking good now. I'm happy for England to have their share but now they're just hogging it! :wacko:

Posted

Dont give up just yet... the radar has the front around 3-4hours further north east than expected!

It is just about to nudge into the far west of N.Ireland right now whereas the 18z had it just pusing into the very far SW tip of Ireland at this time!

Posted

The 18z is notorious as the "pub run"..often displays the exact opposite of earlier runs..we shall see. Besides, it's a model forecast..never, ever set in stone.

Meanwhile, the front is still intact, but have no idea how this will end up.

Just dropped to -4c here. (Edinburgh airport has a -7c dew point currently, likewise Prestwick)

Interesting few hours ahead

Edited by Delta X-Ray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Just a dusting here today, but we had a wonderful day in glen affric playing in deep snow while the sun shone and the temp stayed below 0c. wow...

but i can't see us getting any more white powder of the legal variety for a while around here no matter which forecast i look at.

Posted
Just dropped to -4c here. (Edinburgh airport has a -7c dew point currently, likewise Prestwick)

Not sure what it is in Edinburgh but I've just been outside - yeah guess what fire alarm went off again - and I can tell you it is absoloutly freezing, the pavements trecherous outside.

Posted
Whilst we all wait on the snow, how mad is this? :winky:

:o

The beach may have been a bit draughty there!! :doh:

What snow are you talking about? Im totally lost sorry? Im starting to forget what it looks like im afraid :(

Anyway, whats this about these people getting 20 inches of snow? Thats pure greed!!!!!

Shocking that im having to go to the Cairngorms next weekend for a snow fix :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
Just a dusting here today, but we had a wonderful day in glen affric playing in deep snow while the sun shone and the temp stayed below 0c. wow...

but i can't see us getting any more white powder of the legal variety for a while around here no matter which forecast i look at.

Thursday day and night...

Currently -12'C in Tulloch Bridge, -11'C in Loh Glascarnoch and -8'C in Aviemore.

Posted
This map from the Meto intrigues me:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/images....gif?1234038662

If the front does split or is splitting then the areas without warning suggest what I earlier thought. Bypass..

Play the latest sat runs and you'll see the middle part of the front is nowhere near as beefy as the south or north flank

http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MSG/R...UROPE/index.htm

It is splitting with the majority going sarf, but the northern flank is moving over us...just doesn't look up to much though - cloud only I reckon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

-15'C in Dalwhinnie! Freezing fog forming here in Inverness currently at -8'C.

Posted

Clouding over here in Stirling - but I don't there's ppn in them thar clouds....

GFS 00z is a stunner for more cold - plays havoc with my sciatica, but hey ho - Friday looks good for snow here, but it'll go the way of the pear as it always seems to do.

This winter has been great for me as I like cold, not so good as we've had bugger all snow...sigh, maybe I should move to Bristol...