Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Ross B

Posted

GFS shows a harder frost tonight,we do have colder upper air now max of 2.7c here mildest day since January 30th. :huh:

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn1817.png

1.1c now and total cloudy,snow top feels on the crusty side,doesn`t look like any thawing or freezing at the moment,it was still dripping off the roof from underneath.

Well after 6 Met Office snow days in a row, the highest in a row since I knew what that meant we cannot complain if we do get some of the wet stuff.

I think a real chance of some heavy snow on Monday Night, and even the GFS into medium term looks nice, even if very strange.

Posted

The BBC and MetOffice have updated and upgraded Monday Night to Heavy Snow for this area, Metcheck also down for Heavy snow but then i never believe Metcheck but with the BBC and MetO onboard, just maybe.

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
The BBC and MetOffice have updated and upgraded Monday Night to Heavy Snow for this area, Metcheck also down for Heavy snow but then i never believe Metcheck but with the BBC and MetO onboard, just maybe.

Just got back in and its freeeeeeeeeeezingly cold

beeeb beta chepstow and forcasted heavy snow monday night..

and the graphics show a nice large white area over us

Sunday night appears to be rain :o o well.. just hope monday night follows through

Posted
GFS shows a harder frost tonight,we do have colder upper air now max of 2.7c here mildest day since January 30th. :o

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn1817.png

1.1c now and total cloudy,snow top feels on the crusty side,doesn`t look like any thawing or freezing at the moment,it was still dripping off the roof from underneath.

Exactly the same here, except it's a little colder now and down to 0.4C

I'm amazed that tomorrow we will have had a full week of snow cover, that is over an inch :)

I reckon that the +400m high ground around us will have well over a foot of snow now, as absolutely no air thawing has happened as the temperature has remained below zero for over a week.

Posted
Exactly the same here, except it's a little colder now and down to 0.4C

I'm amazed that tomorrow we will have had a full week of snow cover, that is over an inch :o

I reckon that the +400m high ground around us will have well over a foot of snow now, as absolutely no air thawing has happened as the temperature has remained below zero for over a week.

Been up the mountain near me and its still at about 5-6 inches deep, had snowcover for a full week here too. Unheard of. If we get a good dumping on Monday we could have laying snow for another week. Some winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Yet again no warning for Pembs.... They've been wrong so far, but we haven't had anywhere as much as other areas. Trouble is even if Pembs does get it, we prpbably wont being 44mtrs and on the sea edge.

wody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

so what does all the colours mean ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'
If the GFS came off there would be rain for us, however if the UKMO came off, plenty of snow likely.

..and which one have you got your money on Jackone? :D

..and which one have you got your money on Jackone? :D

I'd like the UKMO to be right. but perhaps some sort of compromise between the two.

However before Christmas these sort of events tended to be forecast further north than actually happened.

Posted
god it's depressing reading these post's,we have had zilch bugger all amounts of lying snow :D:D:cray:

Hi. sorta know how you feel we had one day. the rest of the week has been rain but 6 miles from me heavy snow, people coming into barnstaple couldn't believe there eyes as there was no snow to be seen.. guess we were just unlucky or lucky depending how you look at it. NW has me at N/A for snow for the rest of the week. Infact temps here today shot up to +7 nealy got the BBQ out. :lol:

kaz x

ps now they have changed AGAIN :doh:

Edited by kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'
I'd like the UKMO to be right. but perhaps some sort of compromise between the two.

However before Christmas these sort of events tended to be forecast further north than actually happened.

I agree and I do feel this low will move further north than was first expected. Sigh ... have to make sandwiches for Monday after all !

I agree and I do feel this low will move further north than was first expected. Sigh ... have to make sandwiches for Monday after all !

However the GFS option of that pushing the event that far north is not that likely.

Posted

What do you think the forecast would be for the South West if a compromise materialized between the UKMO and the GFS? Or is that a daft question? ( have had a glass of wine ...hic!) :D

Posted

Jay mentioned heavy snow for South Wales for Monday...He looked confident about this but its 48 hrs away so things could change

To me I got the impression that this system from the South is going to be heavy

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.
Hi. sorta know how you feel we had one day. the rest of the week has been rain but 6 miles from me heavy snow, people coming into barnstaple couldn't believe there eyes as there was no snow to be seen.. guess we were just unlucky or lucky depending how you look at it. NW has me at N/A for snow for the rest of the week. Infact temps here today shot up to +7 nealy got the BBQ out. :D

kaz x

ps now they have changed AGAIN :D

I know what you mean. Settled here great on monday. Since then its been sleet and snow but hasnt settled. :doh:

Posted

just watched Jay Wynne bbc 24 weather forcast and i agree with you dogs32 he seems very confident about the snow on monday

Posted
just watched Jay Wynne bbc 24 weather forcast and i agree with you dogs32 he seems very confident about the snow on monday

I got the impression this could be of the heavy stuff....lets hope...He said we need to keep an eye on this one

party time again :doh: ...

I dont know if I have this correct but Im sure i heard its been as bad as 34 yrs ago...or its going to be...

Also through the pipe line I have heard areas that have been hit this week are in for it again so a repeat performance possible next week...DEJA VU

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Well, this has been the first day this month without snow falling :doh: .

And there's a chance it could be the only one in the first 10 days :D .

What mustn't be ignored IMO is the risk of freezing rain when the front comes in tomorrow, should it not be snow but be sleet or rain then it will possibly freeze on contact with the ground. Or, where snow is still laying (which is is in a considerable way!) then could it form ice on top?

As for Monday/Tuesday, we'll either get even whiter or be at risk of a lot of flooding!