Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Ross B

Another on bites the dust! - Things could change.

There has been 60cm over Dartmoor and parts of Exmoor with Okehampton seeing 55cm just under 2ft of lying snow, 21cm over Dunkeswell and 25cm on the foothills of Tiverton and this has not thawed and is re-freezing. I DOUBT it will melt in a hurry in temperatures of -2C to -5C by night. Let's say we could have wet snow tomorrow night and if that accumulates, and we end up with another 10cm to 20cm on top of existing snow and ice what will happen? What erratic weather yet the Met Office forecasted this winter to be milder than average. I am not complaining, I love the snow. B)

I feel as if I am in the Great Lakes of North America with one snowstorm/winter storm after another!

Take a read of this Met Office forecast for Monday and Tuesday:

Risk of disruption

Warning

Valid

South West England: Bath + NE Somerset Bournemouth Bristol Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Devon Dorset Gloucestershire N Somerset Plymouth Poole S Gloucestershire Somerset Swindon Torbay Wiltshire

Heavy SnowMon 9 FebThere is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern England and Wales on Monday. A band of rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it moves eastwards. There is the potential for around 5 to 10, perhaps locally 15cm of snow.

Issued at: 1132 Sat 7 Feb

South West England: Bath + NE Somerset Bournemouth Bristol Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Devon Dorset Gloucestershire N Somerset Plymouth Poole S Gloucestershire Somerset Swindon Torbay Wiltshire

Heavy SnowTue 10 FebThere is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern England and Wales on Tuesday. A band of rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it moves eastwards. There is the potential for around 5 to 10, perhaps locally 15cm of snow.

Edited by Moonstar

Posted
you mean you lot wont more...when will you lot be satisfied 10 footer maybe,, B)

Armageddon snow fall...lol

Ang on a mo.. some of us only had 1 flipping day B)

lol kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

I think at 350+m asl in Brynmawr, we should get a right dumping. This will add to our 9 inches left from this week that has hardly melted at all.

Here is a pic from yesterday morning, looks pretty much the same now!

What a week! So reminds me of the 80's, what with snow daily and huge icicles (was only saying a few weeks ago that I couldn't remember the last time I'd seen one, now there are hundreds!

post-1201-1234040978_thumb.jpg

Posted
Lol, mate.

Kaz wont s inches...I wont metres........

Jay I said mate dont worry no school until spring B)

And no money for me at this rate B)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

dame.!!! im far too down cornwall grrrrr lol

Posted

Jay I said mate dont worry no school until spring B)

And no money for me at this rate B)

Do you think the snow risk for us will change much for monday night? - i hope not but i think it will. :o

Posted

Jay I said mate dont worry no school until spring :yahoo:

And no money for me at this rate :crazy:

Im very easy to please 6x6 inches will suit me fine... dont forget 12 inches makes a foot.. now that would make my eyes water..

kaz x

Posted

On the Yorshire thread there is talk of a "serious snowstorm" on Monday Night, but that would probably mean frontal snow for you guys, and the GFS show the percip making it up to Yorshire http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090207/12/63/ukprec.png, what are your thoughts on this?

Posted
Im very easy to please 6x6 inches will suit me fine... dont forget 12 inches makes a foot.. now that would make my eyes water..

kaz x

:yahoo::crazy:

we better just hold our breathe many hrs away ....going to maybe a up down 36 hrs.

but looking good so far..

10123.....i think its mainly sleet here or rain....FOR SUNDAY..........MON/TUES JAY WYNNE LOOK WORRIED

ANOTHER HEAVY SNOW EVENT

all we know is THE WEST IS BEST

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Just been out all afternoon with my son (7) snow men , snow balls , mini avalanches !! yes min avalanche lol , up in the fields at the top of Tycoch hill.

A good 4 inches or so still lying over most of the fields.

Some of the fields really steep , so once you have a snow ball about 2 feet wide and you get to the steep bit .... whoosh down she goes !! fantastic , the son gets really really excited by the snow , but not as much as myself !! lol.

We had to come back inside as he was becoming a tad cold (spoil sport).

Any way i really appreciate the snow we have had and anything else at all would be a bonus.

More videos and pics for the album !!

Tomorrow can rain all it likes, as i will probably be in agony with back pain and stuck in bed,after using every ounce of strength to push a giant snow ball down the hill!!

Getting back to normal from tomorrow onwards me thinks???

Posted
Just been out all afternoon with my son (7) snow men , snow balls , mini avalanches !! yes min avalanche lol , up in the fields at the top of Tycoch hill.

A good 4 inches or so still lying over most of the fields.

Some of the fields really steep , so once you have a snow ball about 2 feet wide and you get to the steep bit .... whoosh down she goes !! fantastic , the son gets really really excited by the snow , but not as much as myself !! lol.

We had to come back inside as he was becoming a tad cold (spoil sport).

Any way i really appreciate the snow we have had and anything else at all would be a bonus.

More videos and pics for the album !!

Tomorrow can rain all it likes, as i will probably be in agony with back pain and stuck in bed,after using every ounce of strength to push a giant snow ball down the hill!!

Getting back to normal from tomorrow onwards me thinks???

Not really, more significant snowfall monday night possible.

Well, this has been the first day this month without snow falling :yahoo: .

And there's a chance it could be the only one in the first 10 days :crazy: .

What mustn't be ignored IMO is the risk of freezing rain when the front comes in tomorrow, should it not be snow but be sleet or rain then it will possibly freeze on contact with the ground. Or, where snow is still laying (which is is in a considerable way!) then could it form ice on top?

As for Monday/Tuesday, we'll either get even whiter or be at risk of a lot of flooding!

The strange this is tomorrow is almost certain to be the 7th met Office snow day in a row, unless it rains early, and yet I'm still a bit gutted about it probably going tomorrow.

Compared to last winter, when not one flake settled all winter especially.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Snow still laying here in the hills of Cardiff North and Rhondda Cynon Taff.

Temputures responding to the snow too. Temputure currently -3.9c and falling.

Just at the bottom of the valley floor there is only patches of snow and there was no fresh snow

from thursday night at all. Did eventualy stick on Thursday evening probably due to my height.

Had 4inches of snow on top of old snow fall.

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
Looks like another 2am stay up, maybe an all nighter. Just like thursday night lol, went to bed at 2am had to get up at 7am and school was open. :yahoo:

our school was shut and we didn't have snow :L bless the ice and snowfall elsewhere in Gloucestershire(:

I dont know if I have this correct but Im sure i heard its been as bad as 34 yrs ago...or its going to be...

I don't no about 34 years.. I'm only 15 .. 16 on the 18th .. and im hoping for a white birthday

Posted

kaz x

Kaz behave there are kids present :yahoo::crazy:

Posted
Kaz behave there are kids present :D:D

Well i dont know what to say, i havent a clue what you mean :D im a Lady you know tut. :D

Just got a tad depressed i went into the model thread :D .. didnt go alot on the charts for us looked like really heavy rain. But in truth i dont even think the charts can work this lot out. Think we are back to nowcasting ..

kaz x

Edited by kaz

Posted

Outside finger the sky and hope thats what the met seem to be doing at the moment,

The regional and National forcasts on the BBC cant agree so what chance have we

PS You havent got a moustache and ride a bike do you?

Edited by loadsa

Posted

The only concern is jay Wynn is making these predictions hrs and hrs away...

Theres a good chance it could all change by then for the worse or even get better

Jackone....just hope this doesn't change

yes just like last Saturday....lets just all hope we get the 10 ft of snow we deserve

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Does anyone get the feeling that we are right back to where we were last sat night? I feel sorry for the poor bloke who has to do the country file forecast. :D

Kaz x

loadsa just go to my profile pic :D:D funny though

Edited by kaz