Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Ross B

Posted
Certainly worth watching this situation this morning, NMM suggesting dews here at the moment sould be around 0c, where as, in fact, they are still holding at -2c..IF the precip makes it this far then certainly worth keeping an eye on dews for the next few hours - by 10am they should be 1c here

And with thickness values looking satisfactory until mid afternoon some suprise snowfall could be on the way for some in the west

SK

Stroud have been warned for snow this afternoon.............on radar its snow much further south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Can confirm, its snowing here at the moment... B) 7 days of falling snow now (in fact watch Andrew Marr... on Dartmoor now)

Predicted heavy heavy snow for tmrw, leading to more school closures etc.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

To add to my earlier posting

As I said nothing today by the met office, snow warning tomorrow.

BBC heavy rain today and tomorrow

So will someone tell me why we pay these people.

They wouldnt go far wrong employing some of the people on here

Edited by loadsa

Posted

i reckon snow and TS forecasting is the most difficult.thats way they get it wrong many times

its not far away from jays house and hes in bed B)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Surely it's not going to snow today is it?.

Posted
Where was that then, local radio?

SK

SKY...........guy was being interviewed at the Stroud Salt depot..........Said council been warned Glos expecting Snow this afternoon

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Looking at GFS and UKMO looking very promising indeed for South Wales for Snow with GFS pushing the low through further south.

When? today or Monday/Tuesday? Everywhere I've looked the forecasts are for heavy rain overnight Monday/Tuesday but theres lots of talk on the forums of it being snow. What the likelihood at the moment of it actually being snow? I can see the school closing again Tuesday.......... :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

morning peeps, hope every one is well,

i see this morning that the forecast could be going up the swany, temps here is 0.6c+ dew point of -1c.

heres hoping for some more of the white stuff its been on the groud for 7 days now looking for a little top up.

Posted

OH MY GOD..lol

did you see BBC just then.....WALES/CENTRAL/SW HEAVY SIGNIFICANT SNOW TOMORROW

Today she said area of snow moving up through the midlands and East Wales tonight

Posted

They cant handle anything out of the norm, its easy to forecast the usual run of the mill south westerly - north east flow stuff, throw in a few extra variables and they are no better than you or i.

The snow in my garden and round about is still desperatly clinging on , after a few beers last night im sure i heard whisper to me " i dont want to go, i dont want to leave you yet"!!!

I really expected that damn rain to have started to kill my snow by this time.

I was hoping the rain forecast would be slightly wrong , and that it would turn more to snow, plus my height ASL would also help turn that rain slightly towards snow also.

There seems to be about a 1- 1.5 degree difference between sea front and the top of Tycoch mountain, will this be a factor today?? or am i clutching at straws???

Posted

Definately snowing here. Well, its white, and its falling in nice sized flakes from the sky, but then David Braine doing the BBC forecast on Andew Marr was standing on Dartmoor, in the snow, while snowing and showed graphics with rain over Devon :cold:

Dartcom Webcam

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
Definately snowing here. Well, its white, and its falling in nice sized flakes from the sky, but then David Braine doing the BBC forecast on Andew Marr was standing on Dartmoor, in the snow, while snowing and showed graphics with rain over Devon :cold:

Dartcom Webcam

Can i borrow some of your 900 foot ASL today?? Come on ,dont be greedy, share it out!! , ive only got 450 foot ASL , lend me 200 foot??? :cold:

Posted

haha, sure!

I don;'t think its the elevation thats helping today, there are reports of snow from Dartmoor to north Devon, I think they just 'got it wrong' again. May all change later tho

When? today or Monday/Tuesday? Everywhere I've looked the forecasts are for heavy rain overnight Monday/Tuesday but theres lots of talk on the forums of it being snow. What the likelihood at the moment of it actually being snow? I can see the school closing again Tuesday.......... :o

Sorry rushed the last post, I meant for the event Monday Night into Tuesday, previously GFS had the snow line further north but it has come in line with the Meto, so this is promising, however we ahve seen things change even closer to the time than this.

Posted

BBC were forecasting heavy snow from Corwall over to the East, with rain hugging the central southern coast) along with strong to galeforce easterly winds... could be very interesting.

They cant handle anything out of the norm, its easy to forecast the usual run of the mill south westerly - north east flow stuff, throw in a few extra variables and they are no better than you or i.

The snow in my garden and round about is still desperatly clinging on , after a few beers last night im sure i heard whisper to me " i dont want to go, i dont want to leave you yet"!!!

I really expected that damn rain to have started to kill my snow by this time.

I was hoping the rain forecast would be slightly wrong , and that it would turn more to snow, plus my height ASL would also help turn that rain slightly towards snow also.

There seems to be about a 1- 1.5 degree difference between sea front and the top of Tycoch mountain, will this be a factor today?? or am i clutching at straws???

Sometimes it is up to 2c colder than further south.

Currently 1.5c In mumbles, so close to freezing here, but at the moment all of the projected rainfall is light, and hopefully there will be some cover going into tomorrow.

Just starting snowing here and now sleet

Posted

THERES going to be blizzard conditions tomorrow with the strong wind....Expected to be very heavy...

I dont know if my temps up the creek but I am reading 4.0c

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Sorry rushed the last post, I meant for the event Monday Night into Tuesday, previously GFS had the snow line further north but it has come in line with the Meto, so this is promising, however we ahve seen things change even closer to the time than this.

Thanks for that!! Although I love the snow it really causes a headache in as much as the local school will close - even if there is only a slight covering. Then I either have to take the day off work (usually unpaid) or drag elderly members of the family in at short notice to look after the children.

Its only worth it if we get soooo much that we simply can't get out!! Otherwise it is 'expected' that I come into work.