Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
What has happened is that the band of precipitation crossing west to east has more or less split into two. So you have a bit crossing west to east above us, and a bit crossing west to east below us. We are the clear sandwich in the middle. Again.

Wonderful !

I just checked the radar, see what you mean. Maybe the man upstairs is saving the biggie for us in the true North East eh ?!!

Posted

Been snowing since 5.00pm

very light for the first hour then got a bit (lets say) very light to light with some light to moderate spells

has covered most of the road (side road) and all pavements and cars

don't know how long this will go on for but I would say I have had about 1-2cms MAX

How does this warrant a Metoffice Warning??????????????????? :)

Posted

very light for the first hour then got a bit (lets say) very light to light with some light to moderate spells

don't know how long this will go on for but I would say I have had about 1-2cms MAX

How does this warrant a Metoffice Warning??????????????????? :db:

HA HA, try living in the North East, weather warning for spiders !

Posted

How does this warrant a Metoffice Warning??????????????????? :db: b:

If you walk on the roads they are very slippy, and this will freeze overnight making matter worse

Posted

The 8 O'clock News 24 weather was a lot more vague than they were this afternoon. Earlier they were saying rain in the south, with snow on the Northern edge (i.e the Midlands). 8pm - No areas mentioned, but the graphics showed the front up into at least South Yorkshire. Added to that the numerous positive models getting on board. Changes a foot i feel! Yorkshire and possibly areas slightly to the North could be in with a good shout!

Posted
Wonderful !

I just checked the radar, see what you mean. Maybe the man upstairs is saving the biggie for us in the true North East eh ?!!

I dunno, but its getting on my wick. Everywhere is getting it apart from us.

Too far North, too far South, too far east, too far west, then when we hit the jackpot.......too marginal.

Posted

Is there any more on the way not currently shown by the radar? Cumbria looks pretty dry now.

I would check for myself, but Larkrise to Candleford is on and someone's just stolen a hammer.

Posted

The snow here has upgraded from the lightest of the light to light. :db:

For anyone who hasn't seen any snow this evening and hasn't got any lying,here is a song for you. :D

Posted
Is there any more on the way not currently shown by the radar? Cumbria looks pretty dry now.

I would check for myself, but Larkrise to Candleford is on and someone's just stolen a hammer.

Hi Piers, it's looking pretty clear for you location, according to the radar and the Models

I don't think you'll see much more precipitation

Posted
Hi Piers, it's looking pretty clear for you location, according to the radar and the Models

I don't think you'll see much more precipitation

Ah well, bored of it anyway. I want spring.

It's actually still snowing out there right now, albeit very lightly, covering over any green bits which were popping out. I think I should break it very gently to Paul Tall though.

Posted

This is ridiculous, i cant do with people round here, the man who lives opposite me is currentley shoveling the fresh snow out of his front garden!!! There is 2cm for godsakes, a shovel is defo not necessary, the woman next door is wiping her car windscreen with a brush, even though none of these people ever travel they insist on getting rid of the snow, no matter what the time, funnily enough its the old people who dont travel and always stay indoors watching you from there front window lol

Posted

How does this warrant a Metoffice Warning??????????????????? :p

Are the roads meant to freeze?

Posted
started snowing nery lightly here again

Yeah can back that up now, its snowing but it is light however it is not very light and i can see a light speckle dusting appearing on all surfaces again.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Nowt up this way yet ! still lampost watching

nigel

Posted
Ah well, bored of it anyway. I want spring.

It's actually still snowing out there right now, albeit very lightly, covering over any green bits which were popping out. I think I should break it very gently to Paul Tall though.

Yes, that's whats happening here too. I think by the time this band has cleared, I will

be lucky if I'm left with 1cm.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Last chance for snow now about to arrive for the Leeds area - after this final heavier band it's curtains to the front. Does look pretty heavy and on target though :/

Posted

Quite heavy snow here just seen a gritter but snows laying thickly. Nice covering here

Edited by lizziek

Posted
Last chance for snow now about to arrive for the Leeds area - after this final heavier band it's curtains to the front. Does look pretty heavy and on target though :/

Is it going to hit you?? you seem to have missed out quite a bit from tonights snow

Posted

The intensity of the snow is ok but the flakes are just too small, i believe if we had standard sized snowflakes falling at the moment, i would class at the moment we got moderate snow.

I would class what falling at the moment as slight rather than very slight.

Posted

Had 3cm on top of old stuff, all roads re covered. did'nt expect that much. All over now though. How far North is tommorrows storm coming? What are our Chances?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
This is ridiculous, i cant do with people round here, the man who lives opposite me is currentley shoveling the fresh snow out of his front garden!!! There is 2cm for godsakes, a shovel is defo not necessary, the woman next door is wiping her car windscreen with a brush, even though none of these people ever travel they insist on getting rid of the snow, no matter what the time, funnily enough its the old people who dont travel and always stay indoors watching you from there front window lol

I'm forced to keep the drive clear/van clear, no point in us having 'open access' to the ward if you can't get off your drive now is there?

Edited by Gray-Wolf