Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
I'm forced to keep the drive clear/van clear, no point in us having 'open access' to the ward if you can't get off your drive now is there?

Maybe so, but over here no one needs to do that, as i know the people round here, they do it bcause they have nothing better to do, the man opposite is shovelling snow off the wall into other peoples garden :lol:

Posted

Latest radar has part of the front stalling over southern scotland with some decent falls being reported of upto 8cm.

Posted
HA HA, try living in the North East, weather warning for spiders !

Ha Ha its not often we getting anyting lying never mind for spiders!!!!!!!!!

Posted
If you walk on the roads they are very slippy, and this will freeze overnight making matter worse

That is a pathetic answer!!!!!!!!

If the roads are slippy walk on the pavements and as it is nearly 9.00pm I would think the young and the fragile will be in bed

We don't need a Metoffice warning for side roads or pavements it is obvious if you look out of the window!!!!!!!!!!

Don't want to sound narky it just makes me laugh how we complain or worry about this weather!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the roads meant to freeze?

Come on!!!!!!!

What the side roads I don't think the M62 will be closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
Its snowing lightly here now, think the remaining precipitation is on its last legs now.. :)

But Im more than happy with the 4cm of fresh snow here! :)

i'm not far from you (chapel allerton) and just had the heaviest snowfall yet (about 8:55pm), lightened a touch in the past few mins but still going strong...

Posted
i'm not far from you (chapel allerton) and just had the heaviest snowfall yet (about 8:55pm), lightened a touch in the past few mins but still going strong...

good stuff :)

Looking quite orange to my west again now, i think we are in for our last heavy burst.. (that small finger of heavier precipitaion just west of me on the radar.)

Posted

"QUOTE (Delta X-Ray @ 8 Feb 2009, 08:41 PM)

Check out the speed of the clouds approaching from way out west of Ireland. Makes me think even Jockistan could get caught up in this system - not wind wise, but ppn. Temps are still way cold up here with snow already falling tonight.

http://www.sat24.com/

Also makes me wonder if the system has nudged northwards more than we think?"

Perhaps a bit of a simplistic way to try predict where this system is going (I appreciate the earth isn't flat!), but if you draw a line from where the system enters the screen at 4.00pm and where it is positioned 8.45pm, it would appear the Northern most edge may actually clip southern Scotland, but certainly Northern England!

Edited by Lakes Tom

Posted
That is a pathetic answer!!!!!!!!

If the roads are slippy walk on the pavements and as it is nearly 9.00pm I would think the young and the fragile will be in bed

We don't need a Metoffice warning for side roads or pavements it is obvious if you look out of the window!!!!!!!!!!

Don't want to sound narky it just makes me laugh how we complain or worry about this weather!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be in the moorning that the slippy paths and roads will be a problem. Trust me Im a postman, the paths are guna be trecherause tommorow morning! :)

Posted
It will be in the moorning that the slippy paths and roads will be a problem. Trust me Im a postman, the paths are guna be trecherause tommorow morning! :lol:

Jed, do we need a weather warning though!!!!!!

surely that is common sense?

I am 36 and look out of the window!!!!

I do love you guys and girls and the job you do in all weather(do you wear shorts all year round LOL) :lol: !!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Is it going to hit you?? you seem to have missed out quite a bit from tonights snow

I haven't missed out at all :lol:

I'm right on the southern edge of Harrogate, and we've had a good 3cm here which isn't bad. Our road hasn't been gritted and there is a thin film of ice all the way down it, then it's powder snow on top so I was out with my 10-year-old brother sliding all over it! Most amazing skidding ever with the flat shoes on :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I've seen people use an expression about a sugar dusting before, well that fits with what we have here. Just a slight sprinkling from the tiny flakes.

Looks like there could be a slightly heavier spell of sugar before this lot clears.

Next i'll be watching the area of ppn just coming into Cumbria, i'll be surprised if it survives the Pennines though.

Temp -0.3C here.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

looks like we will miss out again ! , Typical

nigel

Posted
Jed, do we need a weather warning though!!!!!!

surely that is common sense?

I am 36 and look out of the window!!!!

I do love you guys and girls and the job you do in all weather(do you wear shorts all year round LOL) :D !!!!!!!!!!

Whether or not we needed a weather warning is debatable :lol: but I think in a few areas this evening, it will have been justified.. I drove up the otley chevin a couple of hours ago, some of the side roads were compltly covered in snow and trecherause!...

lol, do i b*****s, some guys in the depot do though.. :lol: :D They have a bet on to see who is the last guy in shorts lol..

Posted

Think im going to emigrate to GREENLAND or CANADA

Now where do our relatives live oh yes St Catherines , will have to dig there phone number out of my diary lol]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Seems to have just stopped here, and judging by the radar that's it for tonight. Still, i'm very happy with the inch that we've had tonight- the best part of it is that its covered up all the patched where it had melted, the roads and pavements are white over again (good to look at if not to drive on!) and all the tree branches are covered again which always looks good!

Not too sure I like the new NW front page headline for tomorrow's snow... liverpool the northern extent!? Come on yeti post one of those awesome charts showing it covering our whole region tomorrow!

BB

Posted
Whether or not we needed a weather warning is debatable :lol: but I think in a few areas this evening, it will have been justified.. I drove up the otley chevin a couple of hours ago, some of the side roads were compltly covered in snow and trecherause!...

lol, do i b*****s, some guys in the depot do though.. :lol: :lol: They have a bet on to see who is the last guy in shorts lol..

Good answer!!!!!!!!LOL :lol:

Posted

The snow here has upgraded to medium intensity. :lol:

Pity its on its last legs though. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted

All eyes on the 18z ----

Precip already 50 miles further N at 18hrs.

Dave

Posted
Falling the heaviest it has all night atm, flakes are a bit thicker too :D

Nice one mate :) Snowing heavy here with a nice covering :)