Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Where would the snow line be on that? Birmingham northwards? Stoke northwards? Looks like extremely heavy snow for me if it is cold enough!

sheffield northwards id say. basically we dnt want that to be correct

Posted
ECM for tomorrow night:

http://en.vedur.is/photos/atlant_evr_urkom...208_1200_36.png

Pretty far N compared to GFS operational (ensembles agree with UKMO, ECM, NOGAPS and JMA)

Shame eh, looks like you will experiencing the heavy rain like us. :cold:

Posted
ECM for tomorrow night:

http://en.vedur.is/photos/atlant_evr_urkom...208_1200_36.png

Pretty far N compared to GFS operational (ensembles agree with UKMO, ECM, NOGAPS and JMA)

Can you please explain why you are posting this chart; give some weight to your post perhaps.

Just a thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just took the dog for a walk, an inch (3cm) of fresh snow has fell :cold: and it's still snowing, looks like I may get another 25 minutes of snow then it's over. I hope the temps drop even further and make this snow freeze overnight. It's even settled on the main road lol and with a grit shortage I can't see that being gritted!

Ive got some pics to follow in a minute when I upload them.

Posted
Can you please explain why you are posting this chart; give some weight to your post perhaps.

Just a thought.

lol fairly rude comment he is clearly pointing out that the ecm puts the low further north, whether it suits u or not.

Posted
Just took the dog for a walk, an inch (3cm) of fresh snow has fell :) and it's still snowing, looks like I may get another 25 minutes of snow then it's over. I hope the temps drop even further and make this snow freeze overnight. It's even settled on the main road lol and with a grit shortage I can't see that being gritted!

Ive got some pics to follow in a minute when I upload them.

Looking forward to the pics, really hoping to get a decent amount over here !!!!!!

Posted
Shame eh, looks like you will experiencing the heavy rain like us. :)

Agreed. Can't see snow for Yorkshire tomorrow night. NW Extra paints a very dim view for that area, only thing that is better than the south are the 850s which are a touch colder. Still very marginal. The interest for me is when the system begins to clear and the colder air tucks in, but here the Midlands and East Anglia are favoured for some snow on the back edge.

Posted

Well this is beautiful, most of the snow had melted today and almos tgone, but now we have a lovely level cover and very heavy bed feather snow.

Posted
lol fairly rude comment he is clearly pointing out that the ecm puts the low further north, whether it suits u or not.

I'm willing to bet that "Pretty far N compared to GFS operational" doesn't mean very much to many people looking at this thread right now. My intention wasn't to be rude and so I apologise if that's how it seemed, but merely to encourage a more in-depth view which those with less model knowledge can appreciate.

Regards.

:)

Posted
Well this is beautiful, most of the snow had melted today and almos tgone, but now we have a lovely level cover and very heavy bed feather snow.

Karen, whereabouts in Nottingham are you? i am in Long Eaton and we only had about 20 mins of snow giving a light covering a short while ago and nothing since! Can we expect any more??!!!! :)

Posted
Heres a few pics I took 10 mins ago.. Apologies for the bad quality.
Well i'm sorry...(putting on my best simon Cowell voice) that has to be the most unconvincing inch i've ever seen!! and i'm not sure you can do any better..........................................................................

I'm sorry but i'm going to have to let you go! :)

simoncowellrr6.jpg

Posted
Well i'm sorry...(putting on my best simon Cowell voice) that has to be the most unconvincing inch i've ever seen!! and i'm not sure you can do any better..........................................................................

I'm sorry but i'm going to have to let you go! :)

simoncowellrr6.jpg

:) :lol: :D

Posted
sheffield northwards id say. basically we dnt want that to be correct

South Midlands Northwards I would say for Snow Monday Night/Tuesday.

Clear North of N.Wales is what was forecast on ITV weather.

Posted
Karen, whereabouts in Nottingham are you? i am in Long Eaton and we only had about 20 mins of snow giving a light covering a short while ago and nothing since! Can we expect any more??!!!! :)

Well I cant believe that I am in Beeston Rylands we have been watching the snow coming in waves of heavy and very heavy showers since about 7.00 pm mostly because my son fly's out of EM airport at 8.30 with my grandaughter on board so am v worried.

This is from Chilwell weather station 2 sec ago

0 °C

Snow

Windchill: -1 °C

Humidity: 85%

Dew Point: -2 °C

Wind: 9 km/hfrom the SE

Wind Gust: 12 km/h

Pressure: 999.5 hPa(Steady)

Visibility: 2.0 kilometers

UV: 0 out of 16

Clouds: Few 152 m

Mostly Cloudy 213 m

(Above Ground Level)

Elevation: 30 m

Edited by Karen

Posted
wel it looks over for tonight unles im wrong?

bring on tomorrow night cant wait!!!!!

Yeah, as forecast tonight's front rattled through quite quickly and that should be it for now.

Don't want to be a killjoy I really don't but tomorrow night is still a bit uncertain for areas such as ours, could well be rain. All eyes on the BBC 10.30 forecast later. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Agreed. Can't see snow for Yorkshire tomorrow night. NW Extra paints a very dim view for that area, only thing that is better than the south are the 850s which are a touch colder. Still very marginal. The interest for me is when the system begins to clear and the colder air tucks in, but here the Midlands and East Anglia are favoured for some snow on the back edge.

Agreed, the best model I can see for snow lovers is the NMM Mesoscale on NW extra, the charts for 0400z tuesday suggest snow for northern & mid wales, with a low probability of snow in the North Midlands as the front pulls away...chart 1) snow risk...chart 2) Dewpoints...chart3) atmos thickness (500-100hpa.....& chart 4) 850hpa temperatures.....Very marginal to say the least even as the front pulls away....As you can see, unless the models drop the LP further south, it will be heavy rain & winds for all of us, with a hint of Wintryness on the back edge...UKMO, GFS, FAX, and NMM seem to be all coming into line now...

post-4149-1234123671_thumb.png

post-4149-1234123695_thumb.png

post-4149-1234123720_thumb.png

post-4149-1234123746_thumb.png

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

andy we just had 10mins of heavy snow again after it had stopped for a lil while looks to be heading your way, may add half a centimeter for ya, in the 10mins it lasts. :)

Posted
South Midlands Northwards I would say for Snow Monday Night/Tuesday.

Clear North of N.Wales is what was forecast on ITV weather.

Thats wrong, No model backs that idea of the Precip only reaching North Wales and thats it. GFS shows it as far North as Sheffield, ECM does and UKMO does.

andy we just had 10mins of heavy snow again after it had stopped for a lil while looks to be heading your way, may add half a centimeter for ya, in the 10mins it lasts. :)

Yeah that looks to be heading right for me, type LE3 into the N-W radar and look at that yellow blob on course for me lol.

Posted
Well I cant believe that I am in Beeston Rylands we have been watching the snow coming in waves of heavy and very heavy showers since about 7.00 pm mostly because my son fly's out of EM airport at 8.30 with my grandaughter on board so am v worried.

This is from Chilwell weather station 2 sec ago

0 °C

Snow

Windchill: -1 °C

Humidity: 85%

Dew Point: -2 °C

Wind: 9 km/hfrom the SE

Wind Gust: 12 km/h

Pressure: 999.5 hPa(Steady)

Visibility: 2.0 kilometers

UV: 0 out of 16

Clouds: Few 152 m

Mostly Cloudy 213 m

(Above Ground Level)

Elevation: 30 m

What a small world it is!!!!!! My sis is in Beeston Rylands!!!! It's snowing again here now, big heavy flakes! i am definatley NOT driving to work tomorrow!!!!!! I don't really understand all the weather stat stuff but would love to learn it!!!! It fascinates me that we can watch a storm coming like this!!!! Hope this snow carries on and on!!!!!!! :db:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

By the sounds of it its all over for us tomorrow now? :db:

Posted
By the sounds of it its all over for us tomorrow now? :D

awww wait until tomorrow before giving up!

Nowcasting is the word of the day methinks :db:

Posted

same thing happening again andy keep an eye on the light precip near birmingham

hmm maybe it wnt pep up we shal see

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

wolve's had been a disappointment today..nothing here except a sleet and few snow showers.... i really don't think we will have any snowfall tomorrow .... :db: