Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

A Very British Storm Junkie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Thoroughly looking forward to seeing Stu's prog. tomorrow evening. Hopefully one year in the not to distant future I can join Stu/team storm-chasing stateside.

Hopefully going this year with NW (tour 2). Just waiting for cheque from recent job. They'd better hurry up!!!!

Seasons - aka Mammatus :D

Edited by Seasons

Posted

Yes I am really looking forward to this as well Stu, Not just for the content but also a different angle on what goes on with our other halfs etc. My wife puts up with a hell of a lot with me being away for 5 weeks a year and us having 3 young Children and 3 businesses etc so I can only assume Alison has to be a Storm Widow as well. I am pretty sure a lot of the discussions will be similar to me and Louise :D:D

10 weeks to go Stu

La Nina = 1 Hell of a Season ahead

Yesterdays 1/2 Mile Wide Wedge in NW Ardmore is testament to that

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Should be a awesome, am thoroughly looking forward to it!!!!!!

Great stuff.......

Seasons

Edited by Seasons

Posted
Hello Cookie,

In the film is my intercept of Typhoon Karoa (Tiawian) and Hurricane Gustav (USA) this is *some* tornado stuff in there - but not much as I was keene to keep away from the "run of the mill" tornado weather type programe as there has been loads of them in the past.

We missed the eye in Krosa but got the eye square on under Gustave - there is a clip of myself in the outer eyewall of Gustav - visabiltiy is ZERO and it is really intense - compare this to the eye itself where there is not even a ripple on the puddles.

I hope that you enjouy it - I enjoyed making the production.

thanks for responding mate,

I have an interest in tornado but my main interest is in hurricanes and you're right most programmes lately have been on tornadoes so nice to see a hurricane for a change.

Posted

I'm going to miss it sadly though I will make sure someone at home records it.

The Gustav one will be really interesting as I followed that one very closely, must have been a time just before it was going on Cuba where it really ramped up where you though you were going to hit the jackpot of a strong cat-4/5 type hurricane. That shear did a real good number on Gustav in the end, really disrupted the inner core well.

Can't wait till the time I can go on these chases myself, by then I'd be well versed in what to expect at least in terms of the beasts themselves, though I suppose nothing can prepare you for the power they have.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
dont forget 9.pm channel 4 tonight

Yep Dogs32 best not forget....I certainly havent forgotton.Thank fully it has been regularly previewed at prime times..good old channel four! good time also tonight at 9pm. I wouldnt be surprised though if we get a few more members join after tomorrow - hope you referenced netweather in there somewhere Stu! Am looking forward to it!

Posted

14 minutes to go. Saw the trailer earlier. (Stu, are you mad?? :) )

Can also catch up I guess on 4od later on for those who may miss it... More4 may show it an hour later.

CHANNEL 4 4od

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Watching this now, these guys are insane! Looks exciting though.

Posted

OMG stu your a real enthuiast mate, great entertainment and you prob just added many more chasers to the list

Posted

Stu, you are an absolute effing star mate and your missus too.

If you'd had kids it would all be different and the world would be a lesser place!!!

Great documentary, great footage, a human element....perfect.

Should be required viewing for all those interested in storm chasing!

Steve M

Posted
Hello Cookie,

In the film is my intercept of Typhoon Karoa (Tiawian) and Hurricane Gustav (USA) this is *some* tornado stuff in there - but not much as I was keene to keep away from the "run of the mill" tornado weather type programe as there has been loads of them in the past.

We missed the eye in Krosa but got the eye square on under Gustave - there is a clip of myself in the outer eyewall of Gustav - visabiltiy is ZERO and it is really intense - compare this to the eye itself where there is not even a ripple on the puddles.

Just watched your programme Stuart and I loved it, really fantastic footage and it was great to see how passionate you are. Keep up the good work. It's great.

Edited by dave48

Posted

Good viewing. Thank you, Stuart. But how your wife puts up with you I don't know. :lol:

Keep up the good work.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Hello Cookie,

Great film Stu! One of my big aims in life is to go storm chasing, and this film just strengthened that aim. Loved the part when you were going through the storm in Kansas (I think?) and you couldn't see a thing, the adrenaline rush must have been immense.

Stay in touch with the forum!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

A great watch Stu!

I wonder what your wife said in the last call! It really changed your mind whatever it was!

Think i'll watch it again sometime I missed part of it.

Posted
Stu, you are an absolute effing star mate and your missus too.

If you'd had kids it would all be different and the world would be a lesser place!!!

Great documentary, great footage, a human element....perfect.

Should be required viewing for all those interested in storm chasing!

Steve M

I have 3 Kids :lol:

I just want to know wether Alison threatened Stu with Divorce :)

That footage was Wakeeney as I was about 1 Mile ahead on the same road, pretty scary stuff as Nick and Ian will testify.

Great Documentary though Well Done

Paul S

Posted
A great watch Stu!

I wonder what your wife said in the last call! It really changed your mind whatever it was!

Think i'll watch it again sometime I missed part of it.

Thought I was the only nosey one! I imagine it was the ultimation of me of the hurricane!

Posted

i enjoyed that, had to laugh when he was asking his wife if he could stay on in the US and chase Hurricane Hannah!

How does he finance all these trips?

A good watch..