Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

A Very British Storm Junkie

Posted

great Film... but what i must say to keep peace in that house.. take her out on a trip to see for herself why your so obsessed.

Posted
I am just wading through the 100 odd emails that I have got over night – I plan to respond to each and every one of them this morning – what a job!!

As I mentioned before this production exposes the cross over between family life and Storm chasing - something that we can all relate too with other psssions in life - ie golf etc.!

Interesting all the female email take Alison's side - while all the blokes take mine.

According to the Independent review - we are the new "Gavin and Stacy" :rolleyes:

I missed it Stu but when I get a chance I will watch the catch up. Just want to say it doesn't always work female:female and male:male. I'm on your side!!!!! Mind you, I have a husband who works away alot and it works both ways as far as we are both concerned. I've got permission to go storm chasing for my 40th with the guys from here but hubby is totally not interested as he finds it all very boring. Not sure if I can summon the courage to be a 'go it alone girl'.

Edited by Karen Ann

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Missed the original airing, but just been watching it on 'Free Catch Up' on the channel 4 website. Great seeing weather programs on primetime - and what greater person than Stuart to present it with his abundant enthusiasm!

Can't wait until the storm chase in May, but not going out until the 19th May this year.

Posted
My other half said "Don't F%^&ng think you can get any F%^%ing ideas about chasing F£&^ing storms". Unless I take her with me. Cheers Stu!!!

Nah, in all seriousness, good on you, what a good programme.

:cray::D:cray:

Posted

Well done Stu for achieving your dream of experiencing the eye, was it the stadium effect you wanted? I've got a feeling from when I was reading through the forums for Gustav that the eye was cloudy, was that the case?

Also to have a partner as understanding as yours is a blessing, even though they know they are weather widows/wags! :) Mine is understandable to a point, she wouldn't let me know go tornado chasing unless she went with me to make sure I didn't do anything stupid! B)

Let's hope there's a second part in the pipeline!

Posted

Just watched it on catch up. [We were watching the last of Hustle, and I forgot to record it]

Enjoyed it very much. Lucky you didn't stay on! You would have got home to a very angry wife, and memories of a not so great storm! lol

Hope that they do a follow up.

A shame they edited the "After the eye" bit, would have been good to see how quickly the winds picked up again.

Posted

I suspect that if he had stayed for the next storm he would not have had a wife to go home to !

I trust she has had a good valentine's day :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Stu, just watched it on "4catchup" and may I say excellent stuff! My girlfriend watched it with me too and found it very interesting....Its a difficult choice to make and a fine line between two great passions, your wife and some awesome storms! Felt for you when you had to make the decision to come back when chasing Hurricane Hannah, but fortunately made the right choice.! Looking forward to seeing you at Torro at some point.....

Best Wishes..... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
I have 3 Kids :D

I just want to know wether Alison threatened Stu with Divorce :D

That footage was Wakeeney as I was about 1 Mile ahead on the same road, pretty scary stuff as Nick and Ian will testify.

Great Documentary though Well Done

Paul S

Yes Paul, I remember Wakeeney well. A spectacular piece of driving was required by Dave Ewoldt , a bit of a white knuckle ride for me in the passenger seat. That was just shortly after Chris tried to dive off and take the pump from the gas station.with him -}

Tom .

Posted

Just heard the interview on Five Live. (But with that idiotic presenter, Stephen Nolan, I think it be better known as Five Dead!)

A question he put to Stuart...

"So what's it like being in the middle of a tornado?"

I would imagine that you probably wouldn't even be alive to tell the tale. :lol:

But Stuart did correct him. And I wasn't aware either that inside the centre of the hurricane is actually pretty hot compared to the inner wall. You learn something new every day. (Or evening in this case). :)

Phil.

Posted

Stu, you need to get your partner to enjoy the experience... :huh: I just drag the family about with me like a team, as long as I stop where a pool is they are happy, although I think the hurricanes are starting to really starting annoy the family a bit... but then again the southern states through May to October is the best time, they get the sun, tropical heat, and I get my storms.... :D and how I love them.

Posted

Ok Just listened! Wow thats a huge difference in temperature over 10c!!

I have to say my first passion in that brought me to look into weather more was facination with hurricanes.

I would absolutely love to see the eye of the storm The real stadium affect. I think tbh I would seriously stand there and cry bucket loads at the absolute awe of it!!

http://www.hurricanehunters.com/gallery_other.htm - That felix picture (3rd one) is the one that does it for me!

Posted
Ok Just listened! Wow thats a huge difference in temperature over 10c!!

I have to say my first passion in that brought me to look into weather more was facination with hurricanes.

I would absolutely love to see the eye of the storm The real stadium affect. I think tbh I would seriously stand there and cry bucket loads at the absolute awe of it!!

http://www.hurricanehunters.com/gallery_other.htm - That felix picture (3rd one) is the one that does it for me!

stunning images :huh:

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Just watched the programme on 4 on demand and what a well balanced documentary. Well done Stu and hope your marriage survives just as well as you do in the storms you face head-on.......Perhaps Allison should join you on a storm-chase jaunt in the near future, never know she might love it..!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just watched the show on 4OD, and it was a quality viewing...great video footage, well done!

Posted
Just watched the show on 4OD, and it was a quality viewing...great video footage, well done!

Hi AJ.....whats 40D............Is this channel 4...sorry

heard of this 40D before but not sure where it is

check out thee programme Tornado showing around the 520 mark...showing nearly every day at present...worth the watch.........

Also Storm Chasers tonight second part at 8.00pm channel 5.20