Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Shouldn't be long now...! Im still betting for snow here, just gota wait for the ppn to arrive. Its taken its time :wacko:

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

The snow is so heavy here in East Herts that even my Sky TV signal is not working!

Edited by North Londoner

Posted

ILS, Its probably weakened and died off :wacko: on a serious note, how long are we expecting this to hand around? its looking heavy, so Id expect a few cm out of it

Posted

QUOTE (Tim Bland @ 8 Feb 2009, 08:58 PM)

Starting to peter out now think thats our lot by looking at the radar. Tonights snow has left me confident of at least seeing transitionary snow tommorow night

still heavy up in pin green lampost watching !

Posted
ILS, Its probably weakened and died off :) on a serious note, how long are we expecting this to hand around? its looking heavy, so Id expect a few cm out of it

Looking like lasting about an hour and a half tops...but as has been said is heavy, as long as its snow, 3 to 5cm can be expected. As I said HOPEFULLY a little taster...

Posted
Looking like lasting about an hour and a half tops...but as has been said is heavy, as long as its snow, 3 to 5cm can be expected. As I said HOPEFULLY a little taster...

I'm awaiting with interest to see what you get Davie. I'm expecting rain here near the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Mahhhhooooosssssssssssiiiivvvveeee flakes!!! Picture postcard here :)

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Really hot or really cold

don't usually post but so you get an idea of what its doing where, here in Braintree it is snowing heavily and has been for 10 mins or so, started off as rain but now settling.

Posted

we've got sleety rain stuff...to be honest i'm not sure what it is, it's thicker and heavier looking than rain and icy-ish. it's 1c here in kirton just east of ipswich and virtually on the coast.

Posted

Hopefully it wont have too much of an effect for you Paul, you have been even more snow starved than myself ! Certainly snow further west in Suffolk, and only had very light ppn here in Ips so far, of which I cant tell what it is..a few places reporting 'unknown precipitation' I see. Any heavier stuff seems to be snow, so just a case of waiting. Im so impatient :)

Posted

Very Heavy Rain now lashing against the Windows as the back end of the Rainband goes through, Temp 4c and Dewpoint 2c

Paul S

Posted
we've got sleety rain stuff...to be honest i'm not sure what it is, it's thicker and heavier looking than rain and icy-ish. it's 1c here in kirton just east of ipswich and virtually on the coast.

I have a couple of friends from Kirton! Not a big place either, so a Small world. Nothing rly falling here...waiting for the heavier stuff, which SHOULD be snow. Might be sleety near the coast tho...

Ok just been outside, and this lighter ppn has started off as.... **Drum roll***

SLEET in Ipswich, so no snow as yet. Seasons started off rain, then heavy snow...so just waiting, as I have said, for something heavier to move in.

Posted
don't usually post but so you get an idea of what its doing where, here in Braintree it is snowing heavily and has been for 10 mins or so, started off as rain but now settling.

Are you serious?!?!? I'm in Silver End which isn't far from you but i've just got rain! Hopefully I'll get it next!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Its raining here with a temp of 3.3c and dew point 1.8c the radar has us right on the edge of snow/sleet but it is rain so keep your fingers crossed :lol: you are a bit further up the coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms

Rain east of Ipswich, little bit of sleet mixed in------commencing snow dance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

It's stopped here in St. Ives now alas, time to wait for tomorrow's event...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Really hot or really cold
Are you serious?!?!? I'm in Silver End which isn't far from you but i've just got rain! Hopefully I'll get it next!

Its amazing isn't it, honestly its pouring here!