Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms
LOADS of big flakes now....this is about to turn to heavy snow !! Yay :whistling:

If you would be kind enough to send it a few miles east, many thanks

Edited by Mr Plow

Posted

Heavy sleet here around an hour ago although its not coming down half as hard as it was! Looks as though flooding is going to be a real problem here over the next few days, some roads are already flooded due to the snow melt and the saturated ground.

Not going to be a pleasant few days, and i certainly think we have seen the last of the snow.

Matt :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Should be about to change for you too! Have you not got massive flakes in the rain, as described earlier,more like snowballs than snow flakes!

Posted

Still just rain here.... guess thats it for us for the winter.

Certainly not expecting anything from tomorrows 'event'.

Posted

Certainly not the end of winter folks...!! TOmorrow may surprise us yet..but more importantly many more chances this week. I. however, shall be in Reykjavik, Iceland from weds to sunday...some snow expected there too :lol:

HEAVY SNOW NOW. MASSIVE FLAKES!

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Nothing here in Norwich by the look of it. Main band looks to be fragmenting on the Met Office Radar.

I hope we done't miss out again, as this winter has been quite poor so far in this neck of the woods.

Posted

Seems a funny thing to say when for over a week, we have had plenty of possibilities for snow, with a similar trend over next few days. I'd not rule out anything over the next 6 weeks. Winter is not over just yet.

Still just rain here.... guess thats it for us for the winter.

Certainly not expecting anything from tomorrows 'event'.

Posted

So the heavy snow is here...can it start to lay so I can walk to work tomorrow in a picture postcard scene?!

Posted
Seems a funny thing to say when for over a week, we have had plenty of possibilities for snow, with a similar trend over next few days. I'd not rule out anything over the next 6 weeks. Winter is not over just yet.

I really hope you're right! Was trying a bit of the reverse psychology!! Just gutted that we seemed to be in the firing line so many times only for it not to happen!

Posted

every time i look the meto has changed its area warnings this morning ours was down graded

now its up graded again and i cant make head nor tail of it :lol:

i seem to be forecast heavy rain and flooding and heavy snow all in the same day

Posted
Nothing here in Norwich by the look of it. Main band looks to be fragmenting on the Met Office Radar.

I hope we done't miss out again, as this winter has been quite poor so far in this neck of the woods.

Yeah. Has been very poor snow wise. :lol:

Posted

A post from someone on the model discussion thread..

"The plot thickens further if you look at the latest Sky News LRF on Interactive.

Maximum of -5 in the South East on Thursday coming, with widespread significant snowfall according to Isobel (the presenter)"

Surely not?!

:whistling:

Posted

Nothing here at the mo. Had some heavy rain earlier occasionally sleety. Don't think I will see any snow until possibly mid week onwards after Tuesday's storm, but this will probably in the form of a few flurries or showers.

Posted
Yeah. Has been very poor snow wise. :whistling:

Just had a very heavy snow shower in west Suffolk - huge flakes!! Down to a gentle fall but don't think it will stay long, it's 4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
A post from someone on the model discussion thread..

"The plot thickens further if you look at the latest Sky News LRF on Interactive.

Maximum of -5 in the South East on Thursday coming, with widespread significant snowfall according to Isobel (the presenter)"

Surely not?!

:whistling:

seriously? i wonder what brought on that forecast. anything in the model output that is suggesting this could happen?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms

Now getting some big flakes mixed into the rain, hopefully here soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
seriously? i wonder what brought on that forecast. anything in the model output that is suggesting this could happen?

If you look at the attached (click on loop and look at Thursday) - it will show snow showers in the North Sea - perhaps skimming the eastern side of the country however I am not sure how good this chart is - I use it to look at sometimes but it is not always right..!

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/rart_frame.htm

Posted

Has Paul said when he will be posting his thoughts on why some areas have missed out on snow?

This cold snap has literally had the snow either stopping or tunring to rain about 10 miles from here everytime. The only time we seem to get significant snow is when the models don't support it.

(I guess this should have been in the whingers thread, sorry.)

Posted

That will be heavy rain then for you and me mate whilst the rest of the UK gets a foot of snow :D

Edited by Vesuvius

Posted
Has Paul said when he will be posting his thoughts on why some areas have missed out on snow?

This cold snap has literally had the snow either stopping or tunring to rain about 10 miles from here everytime. The only time we seem to get significant snow is when the models don't support it.

(I guess this should have been in the whingers thread, sorry.)

Paul said yesterday on this thread that he was doing a report on this. Not quite sure when and where though so keep your eyes peeled! I know I will be!

Posted
Paul said yesterday on this thread that he was doing a report on this. Not quite sure when and where though so keep your eyes peeled! I know I will be!

Hi

Yes it should be finished tomorrow Afternoon, Will Post a Thread and Pin It in the Winter Section, Just finishing off the Charts etc, has taken some time LOL

Been out to a Family Function so not been around much today.

Paul S