Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
If you look at the attached (click on loop and look at Thursday) - it will show snow showers in the North Sea - perhaps skimming the eastern side of the country however I am not sure how good this chart is - I use it to look at sometimes but it is not always right..!

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/rart_frame.htm

i just saw an updated forecast on sky news interactive, and the presenter said that the snow in the east on thursday was from a front coming in from the west. i dont really trust sky news weather to be honest

Posted
Yeah. Has been very poor snow wise. :lol:

Got to agree with you there but to some they lump EA in one and say we've had loads when in fact east of EA has not done very well at all from this so far!!

Posted
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...ings.html?day=2

Sorry, but talk about covering your back!!! I'll stick to the NW forecast.

I mentioned this earlier we are going to be snowed in, wind swept, flooded out and iced up within the next 48hrs here in the SE, bush fires have also been mentioned but I think MetO will add that tomorrow :lol:

I don't know whether to get my shovel or reach for the umbrella and ice skates :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

A rain and snow mix has arrived at last!

However it the band of precipitation has dwindled so much it doesn't look like lasting long at all. :lol:

Awwwwwwwww shazzbutt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Just come right through our front tonight from West to East, frankly it was a wintry mess!. The snow cover did increase the further East we came and the A14 was very bad - with 2 - 5cms of lying snow on the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
Just come right through our front tonight from West to East, frankly it was a wintry mess!. The snow cover did increase the further East we came and the A14 was very bad - with 2 - 5cms of lying snow on the road.

Where are you from Mark...?

Posted

Took the dog out about 15 mins ago in a heavy snow shower, unfortunately while I was out it turned much more sleety in nature.

On the matter of Norfolk not doing too well, that is certainly the case the further east you go, although I don't think we have done too badly. However, the further west you go, the better they have had it.

Posted
Latest Obs suggest 1oC for Ipswich, so go for the monitor. Sleety rain here still, a tad heavier...Maybe being too near the coast will have an adverse effect, even 10miles inland. wouldn't be a first!

However places further west in Suffolk got rain and then snow, so not giving up yet!

i can now reply, i've just finished watching a film. thanks for the reply, i luv snow, i'll go with the monitor. i'm giving up here, it's obviously never going to be anything more than some wet flakes amongst the rain. so annoying.

Posted

I had no idea that there was going to be anything on the cards tonight, so this was an unexpected twist.

Have to say though, St Albans remains in the marginal area and tonight has made me accept that tomorrow won't be any different. We managed to switch between rain, sleet, wet snow and snow through out, gaining nothing more then a very slight dusting from the golf ball flakes. I'd love something amazing tomorrow, but I think it'll be sleet at the very best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
I had no idea that there was going to be anything on the cards tonight, so this was an unexpected twist.

Have to say though, St Albans remains in the marginal area and tonight has made me accept that tomorrow won't be any different. We managed to switch between rain, sleet, wet snow and snow through out, gaining nothing more then a very slight dusting from the golf ball flakes. I'd love something amazing tomorrow, but I think it'll be sleet at the very best.

it will be rain at first however you might get some back edge snow as low moves away but i think it will be too wet on the ground forsnow to settle

it will be rain at first however you might get some back edge snow as low moves away but i think it will be too wet on the ground forsnow to settle

just seen that sky long range forecast, it showed the whole ofthe eastern side of the country with significant snowfall and daytime temps in london of-3c :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted

just seen that sky long range forecast, it showed the whole ofthe eastern side of the country with significant snowfall and daytime temps in london of-3c :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If only!

Yes, I've always assumed this would just be rain here. There's something not right with these rain to snow events for whatever location I'm in. If there's a chance it could be rain, then it will be IMBY. I'll still look forward to seeing just what this can produce though for northern areas.

Edited by rubble79

Posted
What is all this about a winter storm? Will we just have rain, rain, rain and more rain here, west of London?

Completey agree there. We down here have been so unlucky in regards to snow. Two or three times we have been 50 miles off seeing snow when we got rain with a few bits off sleet mixed in. And to be perfectley honest i cannot really see anything on the cards in the near future in terms off snow. Just bad luck you have to wonder if we will see any more wintry weather anytime soon. I think it could well be over and out for us down south.

Posted
What is all this about a winter storm? Will we just have rain, rain, rain and more rain here, west of London?

A storm in winter I would think, doesn't necessarily mean snow.

I mentioned this earlier we are going to be snowed in, wind swept, flooded out and iced up within the next 48hrs here in the SE, bush fires have also been mentioned but I think MetO will add that tomorrow :D

I don't know whether to get my shovel or reach for the umbrella and ice skates :D

Try welly boots!

Yesterday evening we had some wet snow and rain for a while it did not settle - now the skies are clear with nearly a full moon - watch it!

Temperature just about 0c about an hour ago, expect a slight frost tonight.

Posted

A winter storm by definition over here is rain, sleet, snow and high winds. I expect that ANYONE south of Liverpool with have these weather conditions. Not necessarily heavy snow etc

Posted

Well it looks like it'll be heavy rain throughout here! It's 0.1c currently and there's some precip not too far south, but 850hpa temps are -3.2c according to the radar.

Looks like it's rained actually.

Posted

Flooding has started in places, 6.4 mm of rain since 4.00 am and 12.6 mm in the last 24 hours. Looking at the radar there's lots more to come before the wind kicks in tonight in the early hours.

Feeling a bit exposed down here on the coast, what are the French going to throw at me!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
Flooding has started in places, 6.4 mm of rain since 4.00 am and 12.6 mm in the last 24 hours. Looking at the radar there's lots more to come before the wind kicks in tonight in the early hours.

Feeling a bit exposed down here on the coast, what are the French going to throw at me!?

I know what you mean! Hopefully they won't throw too much at us - wouldn't like to see some garlic or baguettes floating down the road..! :lol:

Now champagne... well thats a different matter :lol:

Posted

So after a quick snow shower last night that vanished as quick as it came, back to dull and misty (first thing it was very misty). So come on snow, where are you hiding?

Posted

I don't think Norwich will be getting Snow at least not until the low has moved past us. It seems the esat of Norfolk has just been too warm this year. Still I don't think there are many actual forecasters out there who would like to put money on where the snow will fall today/tonight so there is always hope.

I'll have my pessimists hat on and not expect any snow, i will just twitch the curtains a few times this evening.... just in case.