Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
just seemed over the top with the hospitals..but I suppose its best to be safe than sorry..point

taken ST

I know the Swindon Hospital had issues with people getting in so like you say it's best be safe than sorry, it's blooming wet here in Bristol this morning.

Posted

Temperature slowly rising here, now up to 0.9C.

We still have 2-3 inches of snow on the ground, it is slowly starting to thaw though.

One thing I should point out, is that there is dense fog around us now, extending up to about 400m ASL.

The due point is only at 0.4C, I think if any precipitation arrives here now, it would probably be on the sleety/wet snow side.

Posted
just seemed over the top with the hospitals..but I suppose its best to be safe than sorry..point

taken ST

I see we are forcast for the snow to start falling around midnight tonight right through until 6am.

looks like another all nighter again for me :ph34r:

Posted
I see we are forcast for the snow to start falling around midnight tonight right through until 6am.

looks like another all nighter again for me :ph34r:

hi mate.....dont know what your looking at........I make it around 4-5pm

Posted

Right, let's none of us get into a flap! That last thread was getting a bit panicky in places! Those of us who can, will, I am sure, post updates from the Met Office etc. as soon as we can. They usually update at around midday and the latest is that we (Bristol, Wales and the Midlands) are still on for a good dumping from around tea-time onwards. :ph34r:

Posted

Agree with you there, dogs.Tea time is what they said.

What did they say on the forecast just now?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

huge downgrade for south wales on bbc news weather

Posted

I was watching bbci about 10 mins ago, if thats true only another 5 hours before we start to see it fall

Posted
Right, let's none of us get into a flap! That last thread was getting a bit panicky in places! Those of us who can, will, I am sure, post updates from the Met Office etc. as soon as we can. They usually update at around midday and the latest is that we (Bristol, Wales and the Midlands) are still on for a good dumping from around tea-time onwards. :cold:

How far west is it likely to be though? I'm Between Cardiff and Bridgend. Is it likely to fall as snow over here?

Posted
How far west is it likely to be though? I'm Between Cardiff and Bridgend. Is it likely to fall as snow over here?

That depends. I live on the estate by the Merc garage. South of the M4 :cold:

If you are north of the M4 you'll see loads! ;)

Posted

bbc beta has snow further south than we thought .. it goes from oakhampton bude ilfracombe and barnstaple

dont think this is right somehow as i had it more M4 ish and up any thoughts ..

kaz x

Posted
That depends. I live on the estate by the Merc garage. South of the M4 ;)

If you are north of the M4 you'll see loads! ;)

:cold: Oh you'll be bound to miss out!! I live in Brynna so being a mile north of the M4 I should see 3 ft!

Posted

For those in Wales I think anyone 15-30 miles inland from the south should see rain turning to snow by dark. Most snow I expect to fall in the upper valleys and Mid Wales, especially say 200m ASL.

Posted
bbc beta has snow further south than we thought .. it goes from oakhampton bude ilfracombe and barnstaple

dont think this is right somehow as i had it more M4 ish and up any thoughts ..

kaz x

you never know it might get more wide spread and end up in different places just like last week...

though you cant nick my snow :cold:

Posted
people who havent got news 24.I think you can watch it LIVE on the internet...so you can check your area from MR Rob M from the BBC

I have sky just not able to watch the forcast right now, is rob m doing it at the moment I'll watch our forcast for snow in the next half hour or so :cold:

Posted

Im probally miles off here but its just something I noticed...

Looking at the Meteox radar it looks like any ppn would have past by night fall for us lot?

Posted
you never know it might get more wide spread and end up in different places just like last week...

though you cant nick my snow ;)

ive got about 6 dumper trucks on my way up to you and the others .. they have orders to pinch all snow and then im going to surround my house with it ;):cold:

i will believe we are going to get snow when the sheep are gone from the top fields .. ;)

who needs radar's and chart eh? just watch the sheep ;)

not had much rain just heavy drizzel and very calm.... right off to do a work out . all this chart watching makes one flabby

kaz x

Edited by kaz

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well according to the BBC graphics on TV just now, here it will be very borderline, as its rain until dusk, turns snowy close by, but perhaps east of here over the Cambrians, before moving off fairly quickly by 2100 at the latest.

I would expect it to be snowing here mid afternoon and should get a couple of inches at least, however more mid and east Wales should see a foot!

Currently: Continuous moderate rain and a steady 3.8c, DP 3.2c, here's hoping!

Edited by Tonyh