Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
ive got about 6 dumper trucks on my way up to you and the others .. they have orders to pinch all snow and then im going to surround my house with it ;):cold:

i will believe we are going to get snow when the sheep are gone from the top fields .. ;)

who needs radar's and chart eh? just watch the sheep ;)

not had much rain just heavy drizzel and very calm

kaz x

ROB.M exact words........couple of cms for DEVON....

So you might be in luck

Smarty watch news 24 on line

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Still raining, still snow cover, still about 2C ... what a thoroughly horrible day :cold:;)

Edit: Pressure nose diving

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It looks close on the bbc beta if you look at rain/snow graphics it turns to snow around 6pm/9pm just around bristol. Will mendips see this snow i wonder? :cold:

Posted
ROB.M exact words........couple of cms for DEVON....

So you might be in luck

Smarty watch news 24 on line

It's alright mate just watched it on sky, game on from 5pm up until 2am for heavy snow

rob m was confident :lol:

Posted
Well according to the BBC graphics on TV just now, here it will be very borderline, as its rain until dusk, turns snowy close by, but perhaps east of here over the Cambrians, before moving off fairly quickly by 2100 at the latest.

I would expect it to be snowing here mid afternoon and should get a couple of inches at least, however more mid and east Wales should see a foot!

Currently: Continuous moderate rain and a steady 3.8c, DP 3.2c, here's hoping!

Today feels on the mild side yet not surprising at 3.9c max this morning,weak sun came out had some light drizzle that didn`t suprise me considering yesterdays snow turned to sleet/drizzle at the very end brief,uppers are only -3c

As for tonight I hope your right about a foot of snow but can`t be greedy. :lol:

What I think will happen know today`s band of rain will fizzle out this far,then the east wind will start to pick up later getting colder and turn the rain more to sleet then snow as the cold undercut then comes in from the NE,as for blizzards I won`t be able to see as it`s the middle of the night,drifting snow later on strong winds,current laying snow now is too wet to drift,slow thaw.

It`s a fast moving low so not sure how much we`ll get.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
post-6740-1234182532_thumb.png

I hope this helps make the difference clearer

Well as we draw nearer to the event and things progress further south, certainly to the north of the M4 its a case of hoping for heavy enough snowfall to settle on rather wet surface conditions - though with the marginality there should be some rather large flakes

I think people further north towards yorks and lincs may be left a little dissapointed, as unfortunately a few members of ths board have ramped up their chances due perhaps to a lack of experience from previous events in this cold spell

Good old rob mcelwee giving a good ramp - south wales and west midlands possibly in excess of 10cms, id be inclined to agree with him

Could be some rather large drifts tomorrow too i suspect

But lets not get complacent just yet, lets wait for the first reports of snowfall out of southern wales, hopefully some time this afternoon

SK

Posted

SKY weather update going for the same time as the BBC on the rain turning...The only difference was it was more wide spread with more Southern and Eastern counties joining in

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Still on at 1o'clock. East Wales, Bristol, Midlands.

Posted
SKY weather update going for the same time as the BBC on the rain turning...The only difference it was more wide spread with more Southern and Eastern counties joining in

Hi all! Back from my weekend break in Torquay. Haldon Forest just past Exeter was absolutely stunning late Fri morn. I've never seen snow like it accumulated on the trees. It's no exagerration to say that snow was almost a foot in depth on some branches!

It's ironic that the drive down the M5 Fri Morn was easier than just now; the rain this morn was torrential, esp thru' Devon and south somerset.

Tonite looks interesting, having just seen BBC News24 weather. Looks like cotswolds and east wales are favourites for some decent snow, but will it be heavy enough to settle after today's rain? Looks like BTL could be in the firing line and north somerset, sometime later this eve by looks of it.

Posted
Still on at 1o'clock. East Wales, Bristol, Midlands.

Is bristol gunna get any decent snow i live just north of m4 coridor in winterbourne.

Posted

We are here yet again BB.they are saying Bristol/Glos East Wales will have the heaviest with snow accumulations

But I think anywhere tonight could get a surprise apart from the favourite locations

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Hi all! Back from my weekend break in Torquay. Haldon Forest just past Exeter was absolutely stunning late Fri morn. I've never seen snow like it accumulated on the trees. It's no exagerration to say that snow was almost a foot in depth on some branches!

It's ironic that the drive down the M5 Fri Morn was easier than just now; the rain this morn was torrential, esp thru' Devon and south somerset.

Tonite looks interesting, having just seen BBC News24 weather. Looks like cotswolds and east wales are favourites for some decent snow, but will it be heavy enough to settle after today's rain? Looks like BTL could be in the firing line and north somerset, sometime later this eve by looks of it.

mendips could be in for a battering then? :lol:

Posted

Yeah, it was like that up here to, infact the snow remained in the trees up until yesterday.

Loads of branches down all over the place from the weight of snow, only place I've seen snow like that was Norway last year and Finland the year before back (but it was well over 3 metres in places there) Infact you thought you were walking on level ground and then you'd fall down into the snow, only to be told you were actually walking on a wall alongside the road... once we got up to the Oulanka NP it was more like swimming than walking.

Edit: Winds edging to the ENE at the moment.. now I don't want to assume that the low is moving thru already, but thats a swing from the SW to the ENE since this morning, which would suggest...

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

I will believe this when i see it. The temp is now 5c here and everything is sodden. I cant see it myself. But hey. If the temp drops who knows. :lol:

Settling is another question altogether, With the ground so wet i doubt it would settle at all here.

I just hope im pleasantly surprised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
The rain has almost stopped here and the wind has dropped. The calm before the storm maybe??

Yup could well be :lol:

Posted

People really need to stop fretting about snow not settling on wet surfaces. In the event that heavey snow does happen it should have no problem settling. Yesterday i had heavy rain for 2 hours followed by heavy snow for 10 mins. I think it took roughly 30seconds till it started lying on all surfaces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Still light rain here but the sky has brightened up a tad, should it snow here my main concerns are the very wet ground and and whether the flakes would be large enough and heavy enough to overcome that issue?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

hello me again lower cornwall

so what going to happening down here, just rain rain and more rain or will we see white stuff again. it all happened last monday down here a repeat?? thanks for answering in avdance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

rain has stopped here, looks like some heavier rain coming into SW

Posted

Still raining here... has been ALL morning.

As for snow settling on wet surfaces, its certainly can... thursday daytime it rained all afternoon, 22mm infact, by 7pm that turned to snow, by 7.15 it was setting on all surfaces, by Friday 8am ... well you know what happened :lol:

Posted

Just viewed the 1.30 weather on BBC. Looks like 8.00pm until about 2 in the morn is the favourite time for s.e.wales, cotswolds, BTL area.

I'm guessing it could get v.busy on NW this eve!! :lol:

Edited by Bristle boy