Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
hello me again lower cornwall

so what going to happening down here, just rain rain and more rain or will we see white stuff again. it all happened last monday down here a repeat?? thanks for answering in avdance

I doubt it caz...........but who knows..............

RoB .M now say between 10 and 15 cm...also starting slightly earlier in Wales than 5pm..But remembering this is only a estimate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
Still raining here... has been ALL morning.

As for snow settling on wet surfaces, its certainly can... thursday daytime it rained all afternoon, 22mm infact, by 7pm that turned to snow, by 7.15 it was setting on all surfaces, by Friday 8am ... well you know what happened :D

Aaahhh DM you have the advantage of altitude though, little ole me is very close to sea level, oh i hate it when its marginal as all too often we are the wrong side by 1-200m :D

Edited by windswept

Posted

Dogs et al. and anybody near hilly areas with substanstial snow cover still, unlike in previous night where they have hindered us by swallowing all the precipitation, the hills may infact aid the situation tonight

The reason being with a colder surface layer still associated with the lying snowfall should help mix the warmer air into cold air conductive of snowfall rather quicker

Id echo the thoughts too RE: snow settling, we could well see some rather large flakes, especially initially as it transitions from wet snow, which should help create a base layer for the rest of the snow to settle upon

What we ideally need from there is for the temp to drop close to or below 0c, to avoid snow melting as soon as it clears away

Tonight could be another all nighter i feel, if anyones tired get some sleep now!

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..
I haven't really been on the forums lately and cant believe more snow could be on the way lol :D

The ppn looks heavier this time round so could be interesting

what does ppn stand 4 learning slowly lol

Posted

SK I still have snow on my lawn about 1 inch.......the hills are still completely white..

We might get that Winter Storm after all....

temp is around 6.c at present and expect this to start to fall around rush hr

Posted
what does ppn stand 4 learning slowly lol

Precipitation. Stuff falling from the sky....could be rain, sleet, hail, snow.

Posted

Turning to sleet here in heavier bursts so I have no doubt it will snow later over any high ground in the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
i still cant help thinking this low is tracking further south than it should be, probably just wishful thinking!! lol

Not as wishfull as my thinking.... :(

Really got my hopes up a few days ago. Haven't seen any snow since about 3am last Tuesday morning so was looking forward to the prospects.

I guess there is a small chance of a dusting overnight as the low passes - hopefully the back edge of the ppn won't dissipate too fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
Not as wishfull as my thinking.... :(

Really got my hopes up a few days ago. Haven't seen any snow since about 3am last Tuesday morning so was looking forward to the prospects.

I guess there is a small chance of a dusting overnight as the low passes - hopefully the back edge of the ppn won't dissipate too fast.

Think we could be in for supprise this time Mark,my estimate is we will have snow sometime between 10pm -3am so could be a late night,temps already falling here down to 4.9c from 6.3c earlier.

What is TWO please??

The weather outlook, its another web forum :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Not sure what temperature is here at work because i have no weather station. grr but it is def cooling down abit with light easterlyish breeze.

rain all the way here in bristol though. past 4pm and could start to turn on higher areas?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Looks to me as if the worst of the ppn is not going to get any further than south of brum which might suggest low going south slightly??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Steve Murr:

Don't suppose you have any idea what 900ft asl might get a bit later? Getting a bit fed up with all this rain... just keeps teeming down! Much prefer the pretty white stuff! Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Posted
increasingly turning to sleet N.Midlands./N,East Wales been watching this all morning a definite increase

Any reports of snow falling in the cotswolds yet albeit wet, sitting here right now it's hard to beleive that were gonna get snow and blizzards in the next 5-6hrs :)

cold sleety rain here at the moment :(