Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Yup. On a side note, has anybody else noticed the poor quality of Weather Online recently? Seems to be littered with typos and it looks as though it has been bodged together in 10 seconds.

Proper snow now falling here, only light but it is getting heavier. Temperature and dew points not a worry anymore, DP is below freezing and Temp is not far off it.

Yeah, i didnt realise warwickshire had a "J" in it!

Moderate/heavy snow now with medium flakes and a temp of 0.9C-the temp is nosediving now! It was 1.3C just and 1.7C only around 45 mins ago!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

light snow falling, but wont stick, ground wet and 1.1C, nick definitely agree about weatheronline

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Absolutely anything extreme or unusual

Temperature has fallen steadily here since dusk from a max of 2.1c to current 1.1c, precipitation has just started to turn to sleet/very wet snow.

Ground saturated, so no chance of it settling yet.

Hardly a breath of wind, northeasterly gales? :rolleyes:

Posted
Yes but im referring to the event rather than the winter.

This channel LP is chalk and cheese compared to the one in 1978.

Still remember the 8ft drifts that prevented us entering our school doors.

:rolleyes: But remember that the eight inch drifts that will block school doors tonight are much more dangerous! :D

Posted
light snow falling, but wont stick, ground wet and 1.1C, nick definitely agree about weatheronline

yes weatheronline has been writing their updates very poorly lately. Still sleet and wet snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

In my bit of brum it's raining still!! BTW - I don't think there's a blanket school closure ... my OH is a teacher and gets called by his head when there's a blanket closure. He's heard nowt and there's nothing on the BRMB website.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Snowing !! Temp 1.1c and dewpoint -0.4c blowing around in NE wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

light to moderate snow here now and its just starting to stick on the cars, temp 0.6c

Posted
ermmm excuse me NO! LOL im sure someones already refuted you on this one already by the time ive replied so i won't bother

I have been told its a simulation using data from the GFS. If thats wrong I apologise. Perhaps someone from the forcast team could clarify. I have had it for over a year btw.

Posted

Looking at the radar it seems as though the band seems to be moving north at quite a steady rate, looking at the area heading towards Leicester. Just hope it carries on and introduces this evaporative coooling that people are talking about, as it is raining outside, but curiously itsn't touching any of the lying snow from the previous week.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

lol i thought it was still sleeting - to my amazement its now sticking to the roads and pavements and its not that heavy really.

Posted

latest radar shows a hump of prcipitation heading north over the middle midlands

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

The blanket ban thing was said by one of the DJs whether he has his facts right is another matter, i just passed on what he said.

Posted

Intensity picking up now with more in the way of snow.

No chance of it sticking unless we goet 3 hours of constant heavy snow size of bricks :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!
light to moderate snow here now and its just starting to stick on the cars, temp 0.6c

Lucky sod!! - I think my bit of brum will be the only snowless part of the west midlands :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
had very heavy snow here in Milton Keynes for over an hour...definately settling!!!

More sleety rain here now :mellow:

maybe thats our snow over

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Yep, yellow coloured precip on the radar gave us extremely heavy snow yesterday and if the radar is right a prolonged period of Heavy Precpitation is on the way. :mellow:

so can you confirm to me that the heavy ppn is heading our way??? do you think that it may produce cause im not so sure??? i hope so, it is wet snow now hear , we just need the ppn to intensify some what, is it still developing then, which may mean we can see further developments with the ppn????? comments pls!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
lol i thought it was still sleeting - to my amazement its now sticking to the roads and pavements and its not that heavy really.

Excellent! Not sticking here yet but should soon though youve had the snow a bit longer than us down here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
Moderate Snow here now. :mellow:

Snap.

Interesting to see how long we can maintain the snow for. The 850s become very borderline towards midnight.

Posted

Heavy snow here still and its settling which, frankly, is staggering due to all the rain we have had here today. Temp of 0.7C and dropping like a stone.