Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2009

hayles503

Posted
Hi, This doesnt quite fit in with the topic but does anyone have any predictions for summer 2009? I am trying to set a date to get married, when do you predict the nicest weather - either late May, start of August or end of August? Thanks

I'd always noticed that when I was at school, there was always a scorching half term followed by decent weather when taking GCSEs and A levels - come the 15th June when exams were over, the weather always turned! Therefore, I picked June 3rd 2006 to get married to Mrs Plum and the weather gods smiled at me then! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Ages away yet so no idea what it'll be like.

Understand the longing for it at this time of year though. Snow or no snow - by this point in winter I'm definitely beginning to pine for some light & warmth again (although wintry weather is certainly still welcome in spring - it's no sudden switch!).

We've had two fairly naff (average) summer the last couple of years, I for one am hoping for something drier and hotter. Doesn't need to be 35c+ everyday but a high frequency of 25c+ days would be good...

Posted

I have found that June is often quite a cool/chilly month. What is more, I have seen indications that the relatively cool/cold start to 2009 is set to continue up to and including July. Haven't seen anything for August yet, mind.

Posted

Yep as others said its too early, though I'd actually like to see something of a warmer summer this time round after two poor summers in a row, not sure I want anything exceptional but as Bottesford said a higher number of warm days would be nice.

Posted

The latest CFS charts are suggesting:

June: wet in the south, average rainfall in north. Temperatures close to or slightly below average.

July: below average in the east, warmer further west. Wet in the north, a little drier than average in the south.

August: wet in the north-east, progressively drier as you go south-east. Temperatures average or slightly below.

So much like last summer if we're honest, if a little drier. May is looking very wet aswell.

Posted

no one can help you with your question as you omit to say WHERE?

and as has already been said its far too early to give even a rough idea of temperature levels, wind, sun etc etc

welcome to the site, enjoy but drop your nearest town into your avatar please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
Hi, This doesnt quite fit in with the topic but does anyone have any predictions for summer 2009? I am trying to set a date to get married, when do you predict the nicest weather - either late May, start of August or end of August? Thanks

What ever the weather on your special day... you'll have a great time. Some of the best weddings I've photographed have been in the rain, and some of the worst were where everyone can't wait to take off suit jackets and hefty dresses to cool down. Tis difficult to predict the weather so far ahead... could be a heatwave or freak hailstorm.... Pick a day and enjoy what ever nature throws at you. (-:

So far this season we have had snow in October, November, December, January and February - perhaps it will continue through March and April, which are always good bets and into May thus ending up with snow falling in 8 months of the year.

As for the summer, can't really say - it depends where the jet streams get stuck - let hope they go a bit further north this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Give me a generally cool summer with the occasional hot blast to bring some nice storms. Hate heat.

But way too far out to make any predictions!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I cant wait for Summer now...the amount of Snow dissapointments here is pretty much unacceptable...not a single forecast barely got last night right in terms of snow depths etc. All of last week wasnt correct in snowfall depths either.

Ridiculous.

Posted

Summer will probably be cool and wet tbh, we are currentey in a cooling trend that will last for about 10 years (thats what the meto hope), which will increase the percip amonts, i would expect a reapet of the summer floods, maybe not to such an extreme, but never the less another summer to be remebered for all the wrong reasons !!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Cool, average, some warmer spells, up to 30 degrees in London area in July. Rain most of the time but drier than last year.. Thats about it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

I chose first weekend of July last year for my wedding - BIG mistake!! Writing was on the wall when a week before, a deep low showed up on the models, centred right over the south of the UK :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

So long as we get 2 lots of H.P. dominated fortnights and temps/sunshine reminiscent of summer I'd be happy, esp.. after the last two washouts!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

WAYYY tooo far out to tell, but it should really be a mix of cool, warm, hot, wet, windy and dry calm.....its just pinning down dates which will be nearer the time.