Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Midlands, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted
Now it's as light and fine as can be and has melted on the roads.

See what the rest of the afternoon / early evening brings.

I loved those Big flakes.

BL :yahoo:

still snowing here but not as heavy nor as large flake size

(yes beverley lass they were lovely)

what settling did occcur is now melting, especially on roads and roofs.

Posted
Snowing bigtime here and im starting to get a good covering :yahoo:

damn it, you're getting all the luck (and the snow) :doh:

Posted
Can we get more than 3cm this time :yahoo:

we did really well last thurs compared to you lot so its nice to see your area to get best today :doh:

Posted
Can we get more than 3cm this time :yahoo:

I think we may, i have a feeling it will pep up later on, hopefully dp's & temps will hold out.

Posted
You using net extra?

yeah, really does supprise you, one point it looks like its all shifting away but then it peps up on other side making it last longer. lol if that makes sense.

Posted
I think we may, i have a feeling it will pep up later on, hopefully dp's & temps will hold out.

The radar looks good but we could do with a few heavier blobs coming our way.

so far so good though imo

Posted
yeah, really does supprise you, one point it looks like its all shifting away but then it peps up on other side making it last longer. lol if that makes sense.

Been watching this develop for a while, those showers that were in Scotland are rapidly catching the main band of precipitation up, things could look good for Yorks & Lincs for the next few hours, conservative estimates for here 5-6cm :yahoo: .

Posted
Been watching this develop for a while, those showers that were in Scotland are rapidly catching the main band of precipitation up, things could look good for Yorks & Lincs for the next few hours, conservative estimates for here 5-6cm :yahoo: .

looked like it was all passing to the east of here but bbc are still saying heavy snow for westyorkshire at 4pm!!! so its the way it develops that confuses you lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hi every1 i was hoping some1 may shed some light on this for me, i hevnt got the nw radar, all i can look at is the met office radar , and it looks as though its gone way east than forecast, the main bulk looks to be in the sea, i hear some say it looks to be peping up , is it meant to develop further west like the bbc graphics suggest and like some on hear have hinted at, the west midlands weather said its coming this evening , but its missed us completely if the mets radar is to be believed , any ideas welcome , thanks

Posted

Dont get something, the radar is showing moderate outbreaks over me - but all we have had is very light snow in Sheffield that has lasted for approx 10 mins? Can anyone expalin this - it's like a phantom radar? Can others in the locality confirm this or is it just me and over my head?

Sheffield, Shirecliffe 150m.

(Still have a cover of snow!)

Posted
Dont get something, the radar is showing moderate outbreaks over me - but all we have had is very light snow in Sheffield that has lasted for approx 10 mins? Can anyone expalin this - it's like a phantom radar? Can others in the locality confirm this or is it just me and over my head?

Sheffield, Shirecliffe 150m.

(Still have a cover of snow!)

same here mate but its developing to the west, hard to believe but that could be the case :aggressive:

Posted

Well.. what can I say?... According to the radar, we should be burried by now. Snow for the last hour. Only seen a few flakes.. :aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

hi i was hoping for some light to be shed on this for me , i see the main bulk has gone way east than was forecast, is there any development this afternoon out west that may come in line with bbc graphics??? i hear some of you say it seems to be developing just whwn it seems to be passing you , is there some info on your nw radars that the met office radar seems to be lacking as this is all iv got , any ideas/comments welcome, thanks

Posted
Well.. what can I say?... According to the radar, we should be burried by now. Snow for the last hour. Only seen a few flakes.. :lol:

its weird mate, just been working in stainforth and it was coverd by 1cm with steady snow fall but here in doncaster theres barely a sprinkle and hasnt been snowing much at all, :aggressive: <_<