Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Midlands, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted
hi i was hoping for some light to be shed on this for me , i see the main bulk has gone way east than was forecast, is there any development this afternoon out west that may come in line with bbc graphics??? i hear some of you say it seems to be developing just whwn it seems to be passing you , is there some info on your nw radars that the met office radar seems to be lacking as this is all iv got , any ideas/comments welcome, thanks

its developing west mate, so bbc are falling into line with it, the forecast was done at half 1 and heavier in west by 6pm, so there we go :aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
its developing west mate, so bbc are falling into line with it, the forecast was done at half 1 and heavier in west by 6pm, so there we go :aggressive:

mate thats like music to my ears !! i hope so otherwise all that snow in the north sea is 1 big waste!!

Posted
mate thats like music to my ears !! i hope so otherwise all that snow in the north sea is 1 big waste!!

well the intense area over scotland has developed to the west, snow starting to pick up here even though it looked like it was going east, so thats my prediction :aggressive:

Posted

tomb raider legend posted the address for this site earlier

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

it shows the rainfall radar in a loop, and is very useful to help guage directional movement

EDIT: moderate snow still falling here, but no longer in large flakes and not settling :aggressive:

Edited by Koyli19

Posted
tomb raider legend posted the address for this site earlier

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

it shows the rainfall radar in a loop, and is very useful to help guage directional movement

This is also a good radar to use.

http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weathe...ed_kingdom.html

Posted

yep, yet another good link

thanks again :aggressive:

Posted

im waiting for the heavy sector from north end of northern england, all of this is saying moderate now but barely snowing!!!

Posted

yep, yet another good link

thanks again :aggressive:

ooops, sorry for the double message.

don't quite know how i managed it, but i am working on three computers at the moment.

perhaps one of the mods would like to delete this extra one.

Edited by Koyli19

Posted

Slightly better but only just ... light constant snow now - but again light. The radar is showing moderate stuff but its not true and I'm not even on low ground! :aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Just back from a lovely walk with the dogs.

Moderate snowfall and settling again.

The temp has fallen a little to just about ¾º C

(best I can judge with my mercury !)

Wonder how late home tonight my man will be on the bus

from Hull :aggressive:

BL <_<

Edited by Beverley Lass

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Thanks guys, it looks to be develping further west quite nicely according to them 2 radars, hopefully that trend will continue, strange though in my eyes, but not comlaining!

Posted
Thanks guys, it looks to be develping further west quite nicely according to them 2 radars, hopefully that trend will continue, strange though in my eyes, but not comlaining!

i can complain a lil because it keeps intensifing to the east of me within a 5mile radius!!!! LOL :cc_confused:

Posted

steady snow - small flakes - gardens and cars getting covered but still not quite heavy enough and too wet to settle on roads

Posted

snow is falling much heavier now, and in larger flakes so it is beginning to settle again :cc_confused:

Posted
It's getting rather dark here all of a sudden so hopefully heavier snow on the way :cc_confused:

yep lookin good for you, bit annoyed that your only 20miles away but ah wel lol

looks like sheffield and doncaster are going to miss it all together :drinks:

Posted
yep lookin good for you, bit annoyed that your only 20miles away but ah wel lol

looks like sheffield and doncaster are going to miss it all together :cc_confused:

You've done very well recently though mate. Much better than most people that are posting in here :drinks:

Posted
You've done very well recently though mate. Much better than most people that are posting in here :cc_confused:

i know :drinks: , hence why i said im glad you lot have done and doing well! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Does anyone know what the heck has happened? The GFS predicted this band of PPN to come straight down the centre of England, instead it's moved way out into the North Sea and just clipping the North East coasts. It looks like it will miss Leicester but the BBC predicted 2-5cm for us this evening. That band of precip has fooled the models and the forecasters lol.

Edited by andy_leics22