Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & Central Southern England

Posted

Well well well, Just when we think the cold spell is over, I turn on the telly this morning and learn that there could be another 5cms of snow over parts of the midlands!!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Would be a fantastic end to it all! :pardon:

Also i believe that the models are on the turn towards a colder outlook again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Well well well, Just when we think the cold spell is over, I turn on the telly this morning and learn that there could be another 5cms of snow over parts of the midlands!!

Would be a fantastic end to it all! :)

Yes, that took me a bit by surprise, but the NW radar confirms a large area of snow heading in your direction!.....and NW have an alert out for snow & ice

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Would be a fantastic end to it all! :)

im off to work in the cold, be bk for the snow, eastmidlands could do well as south and west yorkshire :):):D

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Yes, that took me a bit by surprise, but the NW radar confirms a large area of snow heading in your direction!.....and NW have an alert out for snow & ice

according to the bbc there showing more snow towards the east of our region, i cant imagine the ppn will jump us cause it looks like its coming straight for us to me , any1 shed any light on this for me pls :) thanks

Posted

I'm no expert, however if the radar is to believed this band of snow will miss the West Midlands altogether so fingers crossed maybe for later for the odd rogue shower slipping through the Cheshire Gap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

just looked at met weather warnings for midlands and whilst the maps for us earlier were all orange they have been changed to yellow. I got all excited when I saw they alerts earlier. Its 3c here but cloud is getting thicker, just hope we do get some more snow. There is very little of the snow left from the last lot, just a few bits where the sun hasn't touched.

Posted

Temps are on the rise in Leicester but thankfully due points remain quite low and as long as the heavier ppn remains , and the bulk of that will be over leicester after dark then should be some wet snow. I'm quite shocked how well it is maintaing it's strengh concidering that pressure is rising rapidly , already at 1026 here . Although gfs does show us still in sub -5 850's

Right back to work .. Do you think I can use the excuse 1 more time to leave work early due to a crazy weather related rush hour. :good: hmm I'll give it a try . :good:

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Temp increased here to 5c (boo hiss) but has dropped back to 4.1c. Hope we do get some and snowmadchrisuk gets to leave work early.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Temps are on the rise in Leicester but thankfully due points remain quite low and as long as the heavier ppn remains , and the bulk of that will be over leicester after dark then should be some wet snow. I'm quite shocked how well it is maintaing it's strengh concidering that pressure is rising rapidly , already at 1026 here . Although gfs does show us still in sub -5 850's

Right back to work .. Do you think I can use the excuse 1 more time to leave work early due to a crazy weather related rush hour. :good: hmm I'll give it a try . :good:

Hi, just looked at the radar and it seems you will do much better than me, i cant qiute understand why its moved quickly east , its been moor east/southeast rather than than southeast like most fronts move from in from the northwest, im guessing its the high p to our southwest, midlands today forecast 2-5cm in the east of the west midlands, warickshire area also the north such as derby. we will see though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

That is really weird, the main bulk of PPN has moved into the North Sea, it's even missing Leicester at the moment and we are kind of East Midlands! That main bulk of PPN was supposed to be over Yorkshire at this time, how the heck has it gone all the way out there!!??

Posted
That is really weird, the main bulk of PPN has moved into the North Sea, it's even missing Leicester at the moment and we are kind of East Midlands! That main bulk of PPN was supposed to be over Yorkshire at this time, how the heck has it gone all the way out there!!??

Looks certain to miss here at this rate-- but I honestly wasn't expecting anything at all today, didn't even know any was forecast, so I'll take literally anything we get tonight as a bonus, if of course we do get anything!

The place to be looking at the radar is certainly Lincs/Cambs.

Posted
Nothing here even though the radar says there is, lol not this again!!

It has been showing ppn over us for hours and nothing . I think it must be that effect where ppn is falling from the clouds but not reaching the ground . Probably due to the high pressure building. I'm not sure how it works but the ppn avaparates in mid air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Started to Snow here 10 mins. ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Started to Snow here 10 mins. ago.

Well confusing, Leicester has developed a snow shield! The PPN that was over us 40 mins ago wasn't even falling and it's gone towards Warwickshire and is actually falling there :wallbash: :lol: