Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & Central Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I cant believe what iv just read folks, apparently the ppn, is 1 INTENSIFYING, and 2, moving SOUTHWESTWARDS!!! OMG i hope so , iv just read it in the northeast/yorkshire forum , they talked about somethin happening in the north sea , sounded very technical, interesting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS
I cant believe what iv just read folks, apparently the ppn, is 1 INTENSIFYING, and 2, moving SOUTHWESTWARDS!!! OMG i hope so , iv just read it in the northeast/yorkshire forum , they talked about somethin happening in the north sea , sounded very technical, interesting

it doesnt look like it doing that on the raintoday radar looks to be going SSE, wish it would though after all those warning earlier today!

Edited by i love snow

Posted

As long as the radar trend maintains looks like leicester is lucky as F*** because it looks like were gonna scrape the whole band. Covering here now and still snowing heavy .. Lovely Jubley then ! <_<

post-6740-1234459670_thumb.png

follow the arrow please :cc_confused:

After looking at the last few radar frames your arrow seems to be exactly what it is doing. This is fun . Unexpected snow is much more exciting in my book :D

Posted

thin covering here now, looking like that heavy stuff set to come down through nottingham and leicester will miss here, but just as interesting is how quick the precip to the west of that has pepped up

chris i think it may still be sse. i need straight south lol

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
As long as the radar trend maintains looks like leicester is lucky as F*** because it looks like were gonna scrape the whole band. Covering here now and still snowing heavy .. Lovely Jubley then ! :D

After looking at the last few radar frames your arrow seems to be exactly what it is doing. This is fun . Unexpected snow is much more exciting in my book :)

LOL just got back from Asda!!! Covered in snow LOL, I didn't expect this!!! Looking at the radar it seems it's intensyfied and is heading towards us now, I thought we would have light snow at best but it seems it really did pep up when I went out, everywhere is covered in snow now, even the main road at the bottom of mine, awesome stuff :D looks like a really heavy bit heading towards Leicester on the radar aswell.

Posted

rapid development to the northwest of nottingham now, even if that main bit did hit leicester the area of heavy precip is getting larger all the time.

Posted
LOL just got back from Asda!!! Covered in snow LOL, I didn't expect this!!! Looking at the radar it seems it's intensyfied and is heading towards us now, I thought we would have light snow at best but it seems it really did pep up when I went out, everywhere is covered in snow now, even the main road at the bottom of mine, awesome stuff :D looks like a really heavy bit heading towards Leicester on the radar aswell.

The strange thing is andy , most of our snow this winter has come from the north or east unyet on nearly every event I have gave you a 20 minute warning that snow is approaching you . And I am 3 miles further west than you . Wierd isn't it.

Posted
The strange thing is andy , most of our snow this winter has come from the north or east unyet on nearly every event I have gave you a 20 minute warning that snow is approaching you . And I am 3 miles further west than you . Wierd isn't it.

I know t's mad! I left the house and the radar showed light PPN and we may have got a bit of moderate stuff for a short time. I got down Asda and it was snowing quite fast and I thought.. Hmmm I didn't expect it to be this heavy, it's been like that now for an hour and then when I came in and looked at the radar I was like WOW :D it realy pepped up and now there is more coming, well this cold spell looks like it's going out with a bang :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
rapid development to the northwest of nottingham now, even if that main bit did hit leicester the area of heavy precip is getting larger all the time.

can you tell me how to get the latest radar development pls, im using the met office 1 , but it seems u get things quicker! you think any of that will make it into brum???thanks

Posted
I know t's mad! I left the house and the radar showed light PPN and we may have got a bit of moderate stuff for a short time. I got down Asda and it was snowing quite fast and I thought.. Hmmm I didn't expect it to be this heavy, it's been like that now for an hour and then when I came in and looked at the radar I was like WOW :D it realy pepped up and now there is more coming, well this cold spell looks like it's going out with a bang :D

Going out ?????? Have you checked 12z were back in the cold from the north from next wednesday night . And falks cold till then. I don't believe were gonna get temps in the teens. High pressure in winter means one thing for leicester , pretty god dam cold what ever direction it comes from lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Sun is now stronger during the day

No good ?

Posted
Going out ?????? Have you checked 12z were back in the cold from the north from next wednesday night . And falks cold till then. I don't believe were gonna get temps in the teens. High pressure in winter means one thing for leicester , pretty god dam cold what ever direction it comes from lol.

Yes but next Wednesday is a week away and probably will change to something mild :D For now i'll take this very nicely :) It seems Leicester and Nottingham are EXTREMELY fortunate this evening as the band really pepped up just to the North West of us and is moving this way, Birmingham looks like it's missed the main band, I realise how lucky we are, sorry to everyone who's going to miss it :D

I've been there and I know how it feels to miss out by a few miles, on Friday last week 30 miles East of me saw 6 inches fall, we got light snow that didn't settle... That HURT!

No good ?

ot neccersarily :) March can produce some good snow showers, very heavy ones! Because the sun is stronger it makes more convection and makes showers heavier. I have seen some snow showers in March that have produced thunder aswell. and you can't even write the start of April off for possible snow. Last year it snowed here on April 8th! 5cm fell and I never thought that could happen on low ground in the Midlands in April.

Posted

No good ?

Good in an easterly , don't think this is what has caused todays event. Tomorrow when this is all over i'll look into what caused it . But caught every 1 out even met office and bbc . GFs yesterday didn't even have the ppn reaching the midlands let alone at this strengh.

Posted
Yes but next Wednesday is a week away and probably will change to something mild :D For now i'll take this very nicely :) It seems Leicester and Nottingham are EXTREMELY fortunate this evening as the band really pepped up just to the North West of us and is moving this way, Birmingham looks like it's missed the main band, I realise how lucky we are, sorry to everyone who's going to miss it :D

I've been there and I know how it feels to miss out by a few miles, on Friday last week 30 miles East of me saw 6 inches fall, we got light snow that didn't settle... That HURT!

Andy mate you are gonna be very happy tonight, looking at the radar your gonna get an absolute hammering in the next 2 hours or so! i wont be surprised if you get 2 or 3 inches out of this alone!

I am just 10-15 miles too far west :D

Posted
Andy mate you are gonna be very happy tonight, looking at the radar your gonna get an absolute hammering in the next 2 hours or so! i wont be surprised if you get 2 or 3 inches out of this alone!

I am just 10-15 miles too far west :D

I know mate, theres already 2-3cm on all surfaces now and that heavy bit of PPN is not here yet!

I honestly feel your pain though, there is nothing worse for a snow lover than to see 20 miles away from you get a covering and you get nothing. Like I said... 30 miles East of me on Friday got 6 inches, we got nothing settling. the ULTIMATE kick in the teeth that was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Nearly thought we were going to get a snow shower this afternoon only had a very light flurry. *sniff* Guess where going to miss this lot.

snowing in north oxfordshire

Posted
I know mate, theres already 2-3cm on all surfaces now and that heavy bit of PPN is not here yet!

I honestly feel your pain though, there is nothing worse for a snow lover than to see 20 miles away from you get a covering and you get nothing. Like I said... 30 miles East of me on Friday got 6 inches, we got nothing settling. the ULTIMATE kick in the teeth that was.

I'd still give birmingham a chance, on the 5pm radar it looked like brum was out of it , on the 5.30 it has pepped up further west again imo. We have strong hgih pressure building in 1030 , was on 1028mb here at 2pm , unyet pressure has now dropped and ppn seems to me moving west. this is wierd. The ppn band is now stronger then it was early this morning in scotland.