Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & Central Southern England

Posted

I think we can all agree we have had more snowfall events this year than most of us on here have in living memory. My old town Weston-super-mare have been snowed in 4 times in 7 days . Unyet when I lived there we only had 1 light dusting in the 7 years I lived there. If nothing else it proves winters like this can still happen with the right setup.

:whistling: :lol: :lol:

That is a cold lover's horror story, radar images like that should be sensored to stop mental breakdowns!

Fairly disappointed with tonight's "event" I must say, although I had an inch some lucky b**tards to my E got 6 :lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry Brian! :lol: )

I have the Dire Straights on, it's all over now for cold and snow for the time being, and don't criticise my taste in music either :lol: :lol:

Disappointed .. Yesterday this wasn't even forecast. It may have stopped snowing here now but I am still happy. I love it when it snows when the forecasters say it won't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

A few unexpected flakes of snow in Cheltenham this afternoon but very light and certainly not settling. A rain shower followed at about 530pm.

Posted
I think we can all agree we have had more snowfall events this year than most of us on here have in living memory. My old town Weston-super-mare have been snowed in 4 times in 7 days . Unyet when I lived there we only had 1 light dusting in the 7 years I lived there. If nothing else it proves winters like this can still happen with the right setup.

I agree. A brilliant winter thus far IMO especially but not exclusively for this region. I think there's always the possibility it isn't quite over as well. For the time being I think a quiet couple of weeks are coming up, becoming milder for a time with possible transient northerlies bringing occasional hill snow. I'm keeping an eye on the 24th though as a potential key date for the next proper cold shot with improving snow prospects as we head into March. :)

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

rubbish not snowing here again in portsmouth not very impressed with winter here but i sopose i join the dissapointed club with a few others :):) its raining but its also freezing lol nothing unusal for us lol

Edited by badboy657

Posted
I agree. A brilliant winter thus far IMO especially but not exclusively for this region. I think there's always the possibility it isn't quite over as well. For the time being I think a quiet couple of weeks are coming up, becoming milder for a time with possible transient northerlies bringing occasional hill snow. I'm keeping an eye on the 24th though as a potential key date for the next proper cold shot with improving snow prospects as we head into March. :)

I agree mate , by the way check your email about what we was talking about earlier in the month .. Had a buisness meeting last night..

Ill private messsage you later..

i Tell you what next winter is going to be really exciting I got a feeling..

rubbish not snowing here again in portsmouth not very impressed with winter here but i sopose i join the dissapointed club with a few others :D:) its raining but its also freezing lol nothing unusal for us lol

Come on badboy , you have to admit your right on the south coast , the warmest part of britain . Your at sea level where you live as well. In reality mate if your looking for severe winter events you got to move out of portsmouth. On the plus side in the summer your in an ideal place :)

Posted

Managed 4cm out of this tonight, started about 3.30pm heaviest stuff was falling between 6-7pm. A spell of heavy ice pellets at about 8pm, and now just light snizzle/rain. Even with that 4cm, given that there was about 70% snow cover still left and with 2-3 inches in places having survived, it re-transformed into a wintery scene very quickly!

Posted

Nothing here, just cloudy which suppressed the daytime temps making it feel really cold. Well i tell a lie, there was a light snow shower at around 3.45pm-thats it!

Posted
Nothing here, just cloudy which suppressed the daytime temps making it feel really cold. Well i tell a lie, there was a light snow shower at around 3.45pm-thats it!

Never mind mate , give it a week and if what i'm thinking is correct then the midlands will have thr coldest end to febuary for more than a decade. Trust me .. You Aint seen nothing yet IMO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Never mind mate , give it a week and if what i'm thinking is correct then the midlands will have thr coldest end to febuary for more than a decade. Trust me .. You Aint seen nothing yet IMO

You know what the models are like though, if they are showing cold weather now for a week away they should be taken very lightly.