Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Steps Toward Accepting Change

snowsure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
Of course, reality is probably a blend of these, I am not arguing that human activity has zero influence. But I don't think it is a strong enough factor to over-ride the natural variations.

You've got at least one sceptic here who agrees entirely with that statement.

Posted

And if AGW is to be as devastating over the next couple of hundred years as they say - should we be acting in Cnut fashion to "halt" it .. or adopt an "adapt or die" approach?

As proposed here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7888994.stm

I'm all for reducing wasteful economic activity (they call it growth (!)) and therefore pollution in general, together with planning for the future.

No eco bling for me.

Edited by valiant

Posted
And if AGW is to be as devastating over the next couple of hundred years as they say - should we be acting in Cnut fashion to "halt" it .. or adopt an "adapt or die" approach?

As proposed here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7888994.stm

I'm all for reducing wasteful economic activity (they call it growth (!)) and therefore pollution in general, together with planning for the future.

No eco bling for me.

I think that's just common sense and maybe I detect a little bit of a swing towards it with recent articles and statements being less of a bible preaching exercise. If we can stop the politicians hypocrital behaviour that would be another positive step forward, but I am not holding my breath on that one!

As mother used to say 'hope for the best but prepare for the worst'

Posted

:unsure: :lol: :lol: :o :D:D :o :o

What was that the MetO were saying? Have a look at this!

I am startled and am glad I wasn't drinking a cup of tea when I came across it.... :o :o :o :o :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7890988.stm

Edited by noggin

Posted

Many thanks to Roger and TWS for commenting on my opening post. I was under the impression that if a question was asked, it would be answered (assuming that it is a valid question.) However there have been 4 pages of discussion regarding who is right and who is wrong regarding climate change. My mistake for placing this in the, er, climate change forum!

Perhaps I have to accept change. It is wrong to assume that a question will be answered if that question is asked of a group of people who have axes to grind. When I facilitate in philosophical discussions at my place of work it is nice to see the evolution of a cognitive process. It is absent in this thread. Pity.