Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Louby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
Please carry on :)

....snowing....please carry on...please...please! :)

Hopeful from around 4pm

Posted
Please carry on :)

Ohh Matron... :)

Hopeful from around 4pm

Don't hog it all up at your end of the region!! :)

Posted

I will admit there's a wonderful Mackerel sky here now, is that a precursor to something later?

ASII_20090212_1115.png

Or are the Belgians going to get it?

Posted

Considering what we have had so for from this snowy few weeks, i'd say we'll miss out again and they will get it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

That band of snow is heading into the North Sea!!

I think we will stay dry and it will exit somewhere in East Anglia.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Could well be our turn on the East side of London this time, quite an elongated clump of PPN right down the NE of the country with some heavy snowfall already effecting Eastern Scotland, NE England as far down as Lincs, who ever ends up just to the east of that lot could see several cms this evening I'd say. Temps should start falling soon, uppers look good at -6/-7c, dew points are great too at -2/0c.

Noticed that the BBC are playing this down for the SE, so far anyway, so if we go back to the reverse psch, watch out for a dumping!

Posted
snow is heading our way fast folks, snowing heavily in newcastle, now in lincs. - is coming...

Nice ramp! 9/10 from the Eastbourne jury

That band of snow is heading into the North Sea!!

I think we will stay dry and it will exit somewhere in East Anglia.

A distinct possibility, but where there's hope and lampposts.....

Edited by Coast

Posted
Could well be our turn on the East side of London this time, quite an elongated clump of PPN right down the NE of the country with some heavy snowfall already effecting Eastern Scotland, NE England as far down as Lincs, who ever ends up just to the east of that lot could see several cms this evening I'd say. Temps should start falling soon, uppers look good at -6/-7c, dew points are great too at -2/0c.

Noticed that the BBC are playing this down for the SE, so far anyway, so if we go back to the reverse psch, watch out for a dumping!

Just what I was thinking (bout the reverse psch bit!!) heres hoping we might get some this time! :):)

Nice ramp! 9/10 from the Eastbourne jury

A distinct possibility, but where there's hope and lampposts.....

Ahh yes the fabled lampposts!! <_< we spend so much time peering out of windows this time of year dont we.

Posted

In many ways over these past few weeks, this should be of little concern to the people in the SE. BBC have been very poor with their forecasts. In fact the chopping and changing from almost every half and hour on N24, does them no favours as all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

:good: OMG!!! Anyone see the pics from E Scotland? Piles of thick snow everywhere.

Now Rob Mc on BBC saying its a bit more than we expected! Disruption in SE around rush hour, from 6pm.

Posted

Still looking ok according to bbc lunch time news?!? He said there was a lot more snow than they had expected! Lets hope there's still some left when it gets here!!

Just waiting to see what Julie has to say on Look East now.....

fingers crossed everyone :good:

Posted

i'm fairly confident that london and the south east will see a few flakes this evening, but doubtful it will settle, unless you get the odd heavy burst. as per usual high ground is the best place to be. the chilterns probably best favoured

Posted

snowray, Lets see if they change their forecast between now and 6pm.

:good: OMG!!! Anyone see the pics from E Scotland? Piles of thick snow everywhere.

Now Rob Mc on BBC saying its a bit more than we expected! Disruption in SE around rush hour, from 6pm.

Posted

Look East looked good. Julie said there had been a bit of a change since her last forecast and explained the rain/sleet/snow was moving faster than expected.

Lots of snow shown on the graphs for our region today/tonight. :good:

Posted
Look East looked good. Julie said there had been a bit of a change since her last forecast and explained the rain/sleet/snow was moving faster than expected.

Lots of snow shown on the graphs for our region today/tonight. :good:

they certainly changed forecast since this morning, and even bbc online has changed logo's i'm now in for heavy snow tonight yet graphics have sleet!!

I'd love to wake to a dusting of snow so maybe this time ... :good:

Posted
Just what I was thinking (bout the reverse psch bit!!) heres hoping we might get some this time! :doh::doh:

Ahh yes the fabled lampposts!! :yahoo: we spend so much time peering out of windows this time of year dont we.

BBC saying it probably wont settle in the SE, ITV London saying about 1cm at most, GAME ON! :good:

I'm going for several cms! :lol:

Posted

I think yet again it is going to be very patchy, some places will get a couple of cms and others nothing at all.

Posted
In many ways over these past few weeks, this should be of little concern to the people in the SE. BBC have been very poor with their forecasts. In fact the chopping and changing from almost every half and hour on N24, does them no favours as all.

In all honesty they have been awfull, not just BBC but ITV and sky! Thats why I'm going for a dumping!

Posted

Bl*ody typical! Echoes of forecast last Thursday for Friday night with lots of snow for London, for it to get completely downgraded by tea time :yahoo:

Edited by Don

Posted
snowray, Lets see if they change their forecast between now and 6pm.

Well PPN on the radar is aleady into the London area, 3 hours early! :yahoo: The forecasters yet again aint got a clue!