Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Louby

Posted
Well PPN on the radar is aleady into the London area, 3 hours early! :yahoo: The forecasters yet again aint got a clue!

Yes if it gets down here to early then it will just fall as rain due to the temp being at 6C. My weather station is forcasting just a sun for the first time in days!!

Just great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Bl*ody typical! Echoes of forecast last Thursday for Friday night with lots of snow for London, for it to get completely downgraded by tea time :doh:

This is going to be the other way round I think! :yahoo:

Posted
This is going to be the other way round I think! :yahoo:

Not according to south east today at lunch time, slushy snow up to 3cms but thats on the downs. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

OH just phoned me to say, Essex FM just announced on radio that there is a severe weather warning for Essex to have heavy snow from 4pm tonight!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Yes if it gets down here to early then it will just fall as rain due to the temp being at 6C. My weather station is forcasting just a sun for the first time in days!!

Just great.

I wouldn't want it down here too early, no, but I think as the heavier stuff moves in it will readily turn to snow and stay as snow to the East of London, some will see heavier falls right through this evening maybe.

Posted
OH just phoned me to say, Essex FM just announced on radio that there is a severe weather warning for Essex to have heavy snow from 4pm tonight!!!!!!

Ooh I so hope they're right!! :aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Posting temp now so can see how it changes in the next couple of hours:

14.40pm Temp 5.5 Dewpoint -0.9

Posted

Due to drive back from Brentwood bang on rush hour tonight, this could be interesting as there are still some pockets of frost on the grass!!!! Sky looks very grey.

Posted

Warning states

Snow will become heavy at times this afternoon and evening giving up to 6cm in places especially over higher ground. The snow will clear southwards during the early part of the night.

Due to drive back from Brentwood bang on rush hour tonight, this could be interesting as there are still some pockets of frost on the grass!!!! Sky looks very grey.

Posted

Now snowing in St Ives, but not settling as yet.

Severe weather warning out for Cambs so here's hoping. Think I had better try and contact my daughter as she was off to a Maths seminar in Cambridge this evening.

Posted

According to NW radar its turning to rain and thats the bit heading for me,, :aggressive:

Hopefully it will halt for a few hours to let my temp drop at the moment its 4.6 ,dew point is 0.6.

Posted

This all seems like a bit of a surprise to many, has something changed direction as I thought yesterday morning there were no warnings for anywhere in the UK???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
Have I missed something? I didnt know snow was a possibility for the SE today?

Neither did I ! And this morning I would have totally disagreed as we had blue skies and sunshine....But it is starting to cloud over here now......Will be just my fricking luck that it does because I have to drive to Gatwick tomorrow early hours 5am...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Latest Radar seems to suggest that is now heading South and not South East, is also building towards the west and getting wider.

The Dew Points are nice and low, so I would expect snow even if the actual air temps seem to marginal.

It is certainly getting interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Woudln't build your hopes up for London and the SE. Looks like the worst of the PPN will be over North Sea by time it reaches us and all we'll be left with is some snizzle apart from the far eastern counties

jimbo

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
Bl*ody typical! Echoes of forecast last Thursday for Friday night with lots of snow for London, for it to get completely downgraded by tea time :aggressive:

I agree.

Haven't seen a single snowflake since last FRIDAY.

It's another marginal situation - the usual curse in our area - either precipitation intensity dies off / fragments before it reaches this region or the temperature / dewpoint profile is too high. So we probably won't see much in the next few hours.

This spell is turning into a big dissapointment - it started off well enough with the fantastic 13 hours of heavy snow overnight 1st~2nd February with 29 cm snow lying but every situation since has just become more marginal with increasing downgrades and less snow. The usual areas which are favoured in this type of set up have done much better this week (Midlands, East Anglia and Lincolnshire).