Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Louby

Posted

ooo watch out kent and essex. Im in herts so right on the edge but i think it will pass through quickly just looked out of window and guess what its snowing !!!

Not snowing in this part of Hertfordshire. :cc_confused:

dont think you have long its snowing here in stevenage

Edited by biddie

Posted
Looks good so far...

this morning's graphics on BBC breakfast still seemed to imply rain, then snow then rain... has this been updated then?

Nice to see you back GP :cc_confused:

lunch time news on the BBC indicated that we will have snow tonight! so we might just be lucky.

Posted

Been snowing in St Neots in west cambs since 2pm, light but sometimes moderate.

But flakes are quite small, and nothing has settled in an hour.

Everywhere just soaking wet now. Cant see it amounting to anything, so dont get your hope up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

:cc_confused: I think it should stop heading into the north sea and at least give me enough snow to throw a snowball..! By the looks of that it veers off just before it hits me.. :drinks:

Posted
Light to Moderate snow for a while. Turned a bit sleety at the moment.

Edit. Turned back to snow now.

Temp 1.4c

Dewpoint. -2.6

Posted

Nothing falling out of the sky here as yet. We still have so much frozen slush and snow here, I'm afraid that I might fall over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
fantastic radar graphics......you're beautiful by the way!!

thankyou - made my day :wallbash:

Posted
Warning states

Snow will become heavy at times this afternoon and evening giving up to 6cm in places especially over higher ground. The snow will clear southwards during the early part of the night.

Was that in Dutch or Flemish though?? :wallbash:

LOC_20090212_0900.png

Shall we all join hands and concentrate our energy to try and keep it on our little bit of the UK? :lol:

Posted
:wallbash: I think it should stop heading into the north sea and at least give me enough snow to throw a snowball..! By the looks of that it veers off just before it hits me.. :lol:

Like i said this morning, from looking at rainfall radars this was always going to sink off to the north sea costs by the time it gets to southernmost counties.

Posted

we'll hardly get anything, it's moving away from us on the radar....

Posted

Please dont get too excited. Its been snowing here in Cambridgeshire for 2 hours now, and only a slight, and i mean slight covering on the dirt.

Not settled antwhere else, although as i type it does appear alittle heavier, but the flakes are still very small.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

In fact the 15.30 radar is showing more PPN intensifying further West, as far as Birmingham, the SE will stay in the Coldest air for Longer so hence more Snow East of London, not beccause there wont be PPN around, just that the further West you go, the more chance of seeing sleet and rain becausae of the slightly milder air. :D:D

That little low is heading straight for us!

The gfs 12z shows PPN nicely over the SE by 00z, and temps of 0c...wont let me upload the chart though for some reason.

Edited by snowray

Posted
We are in a valley here the other day it was raining here but when I travelled just a few miles to Stevenage it was heavy snow so not getting my hopes up just yet. :D

One night this week, i forget which night it rained here with some snow mixed in but other places got heavy snow but we now have snow so keep the hope.