Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Louby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
snow started here. lot more to come by looks of the radar! could be some real problems for rush hour if it settles

Indeed! The BBC have been caught out AGAIN!!! <_<

Posted
ah... well, if that's all we're getting at least we'll be able to get home!

Might be an Idea to look at the radar, only Light at the moment with more heavier bursts to the North heading South

But yes It really is not going to amount to that much in the Capital

Posted

Light snow here and temp is 4c.

The MetO sent out a weather warning very late to the duty manager at the Croydon council.

The snow onslaught is yet to come <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

good to see this thread busy again. the last couple of days have been depressingly quiet, with no snow to forecast

Posted
Just started snowing here in Biggin Hill, Kent.....only slightly, but fairly big flakes.
Light snow here and temp is 4c.

The MetO sent out a weather warning very late to the duty manager at the Croydon council.

The snow onslaught is yet to come <_<

Are they expecting much for Croydon then?

The 9 flakes of snow have stopped here for the minute!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=exp

Yes looks as if the front is shifting back west - all of London covered by 1900......? <_<

Thats a big old clump heading our way isnt it? just read on another forum that up north they have had 4 inches this afternoon!!! bring it on, I know my OH cannot work but hey who needs money!

Temp here is 4.3c dewpoint -1.8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
Indeed! The BBC have been caught out AGAIN!!! <_<

I don't know, I seem to remember (although I'm not quite with it today, laid up in bed fluey) this morning Matt Weatherboy (as I call him) did say it could cause disruption during rush hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
Very light snow in Hammersmith but now seems to have stopped. <_<

Yup, light rain now...

Posted

Looks like best chance for settling snow will probably come between 6-9pm, after that dew points should start to rise as a weak low pressure center starts to develop and the milder starts to tuck in behind.

At least the cold spell is going out with some snow, better then some other cold spells have gone!

Posted
Thats a big old clump heading our way isnt it? just read on another forum that up north they have had 4 inches this afternoon!!! bring it on, I know my OH cannot work but hey who needs money!

Temp here is 4.3c dewpoint -1.8

Yes it seems to be. Looks like areas to the east of London such as yourself may actually get a decent fall now as they are no longer forecasting it dumping in the North Sea. Here in west London I'd be delighted with a pretty inch to see off the winter...

:rolleyes:

Posted
Indeed! The BBC have been caught out AGAIN!!! :rolleyes:

To be fair I think this has caught a lot of people out and is another one of those knife-edge calls. Last time it was a shout for more snow than many got and people were disappointed as expectations had been built up. For us mere mortals this might be even more exciting because a few hours ago we weren't expecting anything!

I wouldn't be a professional forecaster for any amount of money, it must be like being a traffic warden!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
I don't know, I seem to remember (although I'm not quite with it today, laid up in bed fluey) this morning Matt Weatherboy (as I call him) did say it could cause disruption during rush hour.

Its gone from probably not settling this morning, to 1 cm max early pm, to 1-3cm now.

Looks like best chance for settling snow will probably come between 6-9pm, after that dew points should start to rise as a weak low pressure center starts to develop and the milder starts to tuck in behind.

At least the cold spell is going out with some snow, better then some other cold spells have gone!

Yes indeedy, some small comfort hopefully for the snow lovers who have missed out in the East recently.

Posted
Its gone from probably not settling this morning, to 1 cm max early pm, to 1-3cm now.

BBC 24 hour forecast updated to light snow in London starting 1800. Turning to heavy snow overnight before a period of light rain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/24hr.shtml?world=0008 :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

the graphics on the latest n24 forecast showed quite a large area of snow over these parts. didnt look fragmented like earlier forecasts. according to the graphics, for london, the main snow kicks off around 6pm and lasts until 10-11pm, then starts to fizzle out and turn to rain. so hopefully should get a few cm's if we're lucky and it starts to settle.