Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
Have you moved over there? I thought you lived in Newcastle?

At least when Cumbria gets snow, it's probably the best place to be, the Lakes will look amazing!

Good look with future events :D

Yes relocated over here at start of November - last winter I was here was 95/96 so very pleased with how this winter has panned out so far. Always will have an interest on what is happening over the other side of the Pennines, as I am very familiar with the area and its weather, but agreed can't beat being in the Lake District when there is snow about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Must say, I was looking at the meto radar on my phone all day, very jealous....

However, i'm glad I was not working round North Yorkshire today as I would have been caught in it for sure. Nice pic Brian. I heard about the chaos but getting Radio York in Wakefield is ambitious....

Enjoy it and please, if you can, put a pic of the Howardian Hills up. Bet they look nice covered in a nice layer of snow.

Posted
Must say, I was looking at the meto radar on my phone all day, very jealous....

However, i'm glad I was not working round North Yorkshire today as I would have been caught in it for sure. Nice pic Brian. I heard about the chaos but getting Radio York in Wakefield is ambitious....

Enjoy it and please, if you can, put a pic of the Howardian Hills up. Bet they look nice covered in a nice layer of snow.

I'll try my best for you, but my camera is out of action atm, which is very disappointing.

That's why I was having to use the phone today. The focus lens is stuck in the extended

position. I've tried to repair it, but all the little cogs seem to have fallen apart inside.

It looks as though I will have to buy a new one now. It's just typical that it should go wrong

when I need it the most

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

No worries.. :doh:

Posted
No worries.. :doh:

I'll attempt to take some with the phone camera to see how they turn out. I suppose

I've got nothing to lose. It was getting dark when I took those other pics, so they might

be a bit better quality during the day. :(

Posted

Morning all, had 10cm of lying snow yesterday, the cloud cover breaking up a little so expecting it to freeze before dawn. In Scarborough at work now, very slushy in the town centre...so, after a mild week to come, it looks like back to cold next weekend !

Posted

glad the east got their falls of snow, all gone here now, snow man still strong :doh:

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
That's a big Snowman, did you measure it mate? I think it was Andy or Craig who built one

which was 6ft, so it might be be a Netweather record <_<

measured it this morning @ 7 foot 3 inches !

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Incredible 'ice' scenes today , all side roads and pavements are like glass!!, i expect A&E will be kept

very busy. Looking forward to the up and coming brief 'mild' spell, then armageddon as the cold strikes back!!

Posted

Bit of a gripe really, not about the weather, but the logic around these snow watch areas.

So this is N&W Yorkshire, Northern & NE England, yet we have another snow watch for East Midlands, Lincolnshire and South and East Yorkshire.

Now South and East Yorkshire would appear to come in to both categories, as they are, subject to whose definition you look at, in Northern and NE England.

I'm confused as to which I should be posting in and don't really have the time to read both as well. I've only just caught up with the Scarborough situation as I've been in the other area!!!! yet it's just up the road from me.

Wouldn't it be more logical to just have a Yorkshire area?????

OK it'a a minor issue, but logical surely?

I suspect it won't have any impact on the weather though. :D

Posted
Bit of a gripe really, not about the weather, but the logic around these snow watch areas.

So this is N&W Yorkshire, Northern & NE England, yet we have another snow watch for East Midlands, Lincolnshire and South and East Yorkshire.

Now South and East Yorkshire would appear to come in to both categories, as they are, subject to whose definition you look at, in Northern and NE England.

I'm confused as to which I should be posting in and don't really have the time to read both as well. I've only just caught up with the Scarborough situation as I've been in the other area!!!! yet it's just up the road from me.

I suspect it won't have any impact on the weather though. :D

Thats wat i thought, but dunt really matter now, no snow for at least a week

Got up to 7.5c today B) B) :):) :o :o :o :o the cold has defo gone

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

I suspect it won't have any impact on the weather though. B)

Yes let's just have one for Yorkshire. We are better than everyone else anyway and it would reinforce this fact right across the forum :) B)

Posted

Thats wat i thought, but dunt really matter now, no snow for at least a week

Got up to 7.5c today B) B) :D:) :o :o :o :o the cold has defo gone

Got just over 7oC here too today, didnt feel like it though with melting snow and ice still lying around, sure to freeze again tonight.. Personally looking forward to milder conditions, although i doubt it'll feel that warm after all its still only February..

Posted
Eventhough the forecasts say it's warming up ......it feels sooooo cold tonight,maybe it's just my old bones are prone to damp

Tonight was predicted to be around -2 roughly however this will be the last proper cold night for quite a while it would appear, tomorrow's maximum temps are not likely to be high either, simerler to todays i would thought(around 4C) and with predicted cloud cover then its not going to feel mild at all.

Snow cover is still surviving in the shade and so is my snowman, offically 1 day old, can't see him celebrating his 5th birthday mind you.

Edited by Geordiesnow