Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Early Spring

The PIT

Posted

Definately a false dawn of early spring for those who believe it has felt like early spring, even though the past 10 days have been very pleasant they have been very dull indeed and with little colour anywhere it hasn't in my view felt like early spring. As I have said for those in the north spring usually doesn't really get going until around the spring equinox, early-mid march is still very much late winter in my book. Think this thread will go very quiet early next week.

I`m looking forward to some proper spring warmth, that to me is temps into the teens and clear blue skies not cloudy days, highest temp for warwickshire has been 12C so far which i don't expect to beat today, BBC going for 11C here today, spring starts proper with the first light southerly flow not faux warmth from the northwest/west B)

Posted
I wouldnt call it an early spring, as a garden centre manager everything is around 2 weeks behind average at the moment and i think winter will make a return yet.

Yes everything is very much delayed this year but no real surprise after the number of frosts that we have had over the last few months. Nonetheless this second half of February has been much, much milder and certainly has been a taste of spring with temperatures widely into double figures. Thankfully because of the colder winter the plants have been much slower to react, and hopefully won't be punished so much by the colder conditions next week.

Posted

First signs of cherry blossom is appearing on the tree in my street now, 2 weeks later than last year. I expect the tree too be full of blossom by this time next week because of the warmer(and hopefully sunnier) weather that is predicted for next week.

Most trees are in bud now, still a little bit way off before any blossom would appear on them i would of thought, the warmer weather will certainly speed up that process but i don't expect too see any blossom too appear on any of the other trees just yet. Just the cherry blossom trees i expect too be blooming by this time next week.

Posted

Definate signs of spring here now, although suprised by the lack of daffodils. Hawthorn hedges are now beginning to have pale green leaves and some horse chestnut trees are showing signs of buds beginning to swell and open. The apple tree in my garden is also very close to growing its first leaves. The crocuses have looked lovely this year.

Posted

Noticed in the past couple of days some cherry blossom appearing which for me is usually the first sign of spring - not the crocuses which have been out a while now. Very few daffodils are out though compared to recent years - certainly feels as if spring has been a bit later in coing this year compared to other years-similar to 2006. Always think official spring doesn't start until the 21st March anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'm not usually a fan of early spring warmth but the last few days have been lovely, positively warm in the sun as well.

Posted
I'm not usually a fan of early spring warmth but the last few days have been lovely, positively warm in the sun as well.

The sun really does begin to take effect in heating things up from now on and even if the air temperatures are cold as long as there is no wind about the sun will always make for a warm feeling day.. plenty of sunny days ahead once we get tomorrow and Saturday out of the way , just a pity the high couldn't have built tomorrow a very good weekend would be on the cards..