Wind: WSW @ 0mph

Max gust last hr: 11.2mph

Max gust today: 19.7mph

Pressure: 1017.7hpa (steady)

Humidity: 94%

Rainfall today: 0.5mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it

Hmm will try and post here as my topic got locked out.

Basically, i contend that the last, hmmm, two weeks are a very strong contender for being the most boring period of weather it has ever been my misfortune to witness.

Dryish, mildish, dullish. BORING.

Anyone disagree?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

same here, its depressing weather never mind boring ! .. Grey damp dull clouldy and mildish, I wouldnt mind but i dont think ive seen any sunshine what so ever since this HP system dominated our wether and by the time the evenings draw in it gets really really foggy here too.

Who doubted it would it last ? because it doesnt look like shifting for long while yet!

Posted
same here, its depressing weather never mind boring ! .. Grey damp dull clouldy and mildish, I wouldnt mind but i dont think ive seen any sunshine what so ever since this HP system dominated our wether and by the time the evenings draw in it gets really really foggy here too.

Who doubted it would it last ? because it doesnt look like shifting for long while yet!

And a grey day in Sholver is a grey day indeed!

Only jesting - top views and the best pitch and putt in the country. Can't be bad!

(I'm from Milnrow)

Mild but sunny today in Stockholm.

Tmax: +2,0°c

Tmin: -6,0°c

Avg. Humidity: 86%

The day started on the chilly side with clear skies, but mid day it rose above 0°c

and it became a little spring-like, slush at the roads, but quite untouched where road

traffic wasn't especially active. The rest of the week will give some similar conditions,

between -2°c to 2°c daytime, mostly 0°c to 2°c, but probably not mild nights!

And the beginning of March does seem now not so confident, the models are varieting

a lot at this moment... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
Hmm will try and post here as my topic got locked out.

Basically, i contend that the last, hmmm, two weeks are a very strong contender for being the most boring period of weather it has ever been my misfortune to witness.

Dryish, mildish, dullish. BORING.

Anyone disagree?

ME! As I've said in other threads - the post xmas spell of freezing cold gloom was much worse. No rain/snow, temps -0.5c to 1c, no sunshine whatsoever - not even any brightness.

This spell, quiet as it'd been, does at least have periods of brightness with sunny spells, some (although not much) day to night temperature variation - and you've got birds & flowers making their return. After the harsh winter, a bit of calm is welcomed by me even if it is a bit dull.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
And a grey day in Sholver is a grey day indeed!

Only jesting - top views and the best pitch and putt in the country. Can't be bad!

(I'm from Milnrow)

Yep great views on good days + nights when Sholver isnt burried in the clouds lol and the pitch and putt is a great afternoon out in summer. Cant beat going for a round with the lads followed by a pint or 10 outside the Kings Arms next door in the blazing sunshine.. :)

Posted
ME! As I've said in other threads - the post xmas spell of freezing cold gloom was much worse. No rain/snow, temps -0.5c to 1c, no sunshine whatsoever - not even any brightness.

This spell, quiet as it'd been, does at least have periods of brightness with sunny spells, some (although not much) day to night temperature variation - and you've got birds & flowers making their return. After the harsh winter, a bit of calm is welcomed by me even if it is a bit dull.

"harsh winter". Would you say so.......really? Very average i would say.

Yep great views on good days + nights when Sholver isnt burried in the clouds lol and the pitch and putt is a great afternoon out in summer. Cant beat going for a round with the lads followed by a pint or 10 outside the Kings Arms next door in the blazing sunshine.. :)

Yeah thats magic isn't it. I love it up there. Always had a soft spot for Sholver marooned up on the moors; always gaze up at it when travelling to Milnrow on train from Victoria. Used to work at Delph mill for a bit then the Lilac too (which i suppose you can see from your window).

By the way, what is all that earth removal all about (last time i was there about 6 months ago). Houses? Golf course?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Drizzle 8°C

S (3 mph)

Relative Humidity (%): 99,

Pressure (mB): 1027, Falling,

Visibility: Good

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Mild some sunny spells more so in the afternoon. Very mild max temp around 11.5C.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Another overcast, mild and dry start to the day. The day continued mostly overcast, though there were a few brief glimpses of the sun, maximum temperature 11.6c and with very little wind, so feeling very mild. Maximum wind gust 13mph from the west.

Current reading’s at 17:30

Sky Conditions, 7 Oktas, Stratocumulus.

Temperature 10.3°C

Barometer 1026mb steady.

Wind Force 1 W.

24-hour extremes

Minimum temperature 7.2°C

Minimum temperature on grass 4.7°C

Rainfall total = trace mm.

Yesterday, 23 February 2009

A dry, overcast and very mild start to the day. At observation, cloudy, though with a few small breaks appearing allowing some brightness, still quite breezy. The day continued mostly cloudy, though there were a few brief bright and sunny spells, quite breezy again at times with a maximum gust of 25mph from the WSW. On the mild side once more with a top temperature of 10.0c.

Paul

Posted

Yeah thats magic isn't it. I love it up there. Always had a soft spot for Sholver marooned up on the moors; always gaze up at it when travelling to Milnrow on train from Victoria. Used to work at Delph mill for a bit then the Lilac too (which i suppose you can see from your window).

By the way, what is all that earth removal all about (last time i was there about 6 months ago). Houses? Golf course?

Nope cant quite see the lillac mill from here and as for the land removal not sure if I know where you mean. Sure you dont mean the area of land between Sholver and Derker ? thats actually a Land "fill" site lol and was supposed to have been an 18 hole golf course by now. wouldnt suprise me to see them building new houses there though to be honest.

Posted
Nope cant quite see the lillac mill from here and as for the land removal not sure if I know where you mean. Sure you dont mean the area of land between Sholver and Derker ? thats actually a Land "fill" site lol and was supposed to have been an 18 hole golf course by now. wouldnt suprise me to see them building new houses there though to be honest.

Yeah thats where i mean. I bet they end up sticking more bloody houses there. Thats all our councils do - never any facilities just more sodding houses

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes relative to what I've been used to! The last one to compare was 1996 when I was still 15 years old, my parents kept the (modern) house warm & I had only a short flat walk to school (under 10 mins).

Now I live in an old house (that wasn't really designed as a single house- it's more bits slapped together kinda thing) that gets cold very easily, fuel is expensive (and I pay the bill!), I cycle to work down steep untreated roads and my missus *hates* the cold (so I get an earful too as I'm the weather and thermostat control person!). If it snows alot I still go to work rather than getting the day off (like when I was 15).

So although nothing what my dad put up with in the 1940s/50s (coal fire, ice in the bedroom, outdoors bog) compared to recent times it feels pretty harsh to me.

I loved the snow, the frosts & the odd biting wind but I've had enough feeling cold all the time now and just want a break for a few weeks - even if that does mean cloudy skies, as it's not like cold temps bring sun any more often than mild temps do!

Posted

The dry, mild and often cloudy conditions continue, albeit with a damp start (some rain fell in the early hours).

Posted

Time 21:25 Greece time

Air temperature : 6,4 C

Humidity : 63 %

Wind : NE 8 km/h

Pressure rel : 1016,6 hpa rising

Dew point : 0,1 C

clouds : 2/8 cumulus ,stratocumulus

Daily rain : 0,0 mm

Rain month : 36,1 mm

Rain year 2009 : 134,6 mm

Min Air Temperature today : 3,8 C

Max Air Temperature today : 11,0 C

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Mild and cloudy with a little light drizzle during the first half of this morning, otherwise, dry.

At `1800;

Temp', 6.6c

Max' today, 9.2c

Min' last night, 6.5c

Grass min', 5.0c

Rainfall from 0900-1800. trace

Sunshine today, nil

Mean wind speed, 9 mph NW

Highest gust today, 21 mph NW at 1656

Vis', 6 miles

8 oktas stratocumulus

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 6.8c

Outdoor humidity 80%

Pressure 1019mb

Wind direction South

Wind speed 7mph

Gust 22mph

Cloud Height 1335ft

Wet Bulb -0.5c

Rain in last 24hours 0.5mm

Total rainfall This Month 33.6mm

Dew Point 3.6c

Wind Chill 4c

Weather Cloudy showers dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature dropped 1.1c

Pressure dropped 3.9mb

Humidity dropped 1%

Average wind speed 16mph

Dewpoint dropped 1.3c

Average wind direction South

Moon age 29 days 0%

Sunrise and Sunset 7:35am - 5:54pm

Moonrise and Moonset 7:20am - 5:28pm

Posted

An exceptionally dull non-descript day, spits of rain this evening well you could count them was the only exciting thing to happen. No wind, no sun, no cloud break, no nothing - it feels as if the weather is stuck on a broken record - unfortunately it is a very dull one indeed.

At least tomorrow looks like delivering some rain - February 24th will I think be a high benchmark for dullest weather day of the year, and I think highly unlikely we will see a duller period of weather again this year as we have had to endure since about the 14th, for longevity it will take some beating - all courtesy of a very weak jet and azores high which just won't clear off. What a dull end to what has been a very interesting winter synoptic wise.

Posted
An exceptionally dull non-descript day, spits of rain this evening well you could count them was the only exciting thing to happen. No wind, no sun, no cloud break, no nothing - it feels as if the weather is stuck on a broken record - unfortunately it is a very dull one indeed.

At least tomorrow looks like delivering some rain - February 24th will I think be a high benchmark for dullest weather day of the year, and I think highly unlikely we will see a duller period of weather again this year as we have had to endure since about the 14th, for longevity it will take some beating - all courtesy of a very weak jet and azores high which just won't clear off. What a dull end to what has been a very interesting winter synoptic wise.

... for your area! Certainly nowt exciting about the current weather but it has been pleasent at times. Award for dullest & grimest weather of the year award goes to the post xmas period but I know I'm in a minority there as most got extreme low temps & frost whereas we got what we normally get from easterlies - cloud!

Anyway I've ranted enough about that :lol:

9.7c out there at the mo and our house remains a pleasent 21c without the need to burn half the North Sea gas reserves in order to make it that way!

Posted

Wind Speed 0 mph

Wind Gust 0 mph

Wind Direction 250.0 °

Temperature 5.6 °C

Wind Chill 6.0 °C

Dew Point 6.0 °C

Humidity 97.0 %

Pressure 1025.0 mBars

Rainfall 0 mm