Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports 1.3.09 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Lots of heavy showers here today, one of which turned properly to snow which gave a brief slushy covering before melting in the strong sunshine that followed. A really nice change to have some weather action!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Wow, just had half an hour or so of really heavy snow, surprisingly, settled quite quickly, everything now white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Not really a "snow" report, but hail showers in Exeter qualify as wintry precipitation, so I may as well mention it!

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)

A heavy wet snow/hail shower hit the isle of sheppy earlier this afternoon, if anyone was about at around 16:30 there was some fab cloud formations!! unfortunately i was working and couldn't take any pics :)

Posted

Had a couple of fairly heavy snow showers this morning,although pretty wet stuff so didn't lie.

Sleet and snow shower here at the minute and quite windy.

Posted

looks like some snow has settled on the lord lee's roundabout (top of bluebell hill kent) I left there at 8pm from work (no snow then) and as I drove down the M2 towards dartford hit a heavy wet snow shower didnt settle but it did by the looks of things at bluebell..

actually im surprised met office hasn't put a weather warning out for this and very icy roads, ive not seen any gritters out and the way the temp dropped earlier this afternoon with that snow/hail shower well im just a bit surprised

cam.jpg

Edited by Sugar79

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shetland Coastie

Heavy wintry mix of rain, hail and sleet earlier and its now snowing here in Shetland! :)

Edited by Shetland Coastie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Gosh, Winter surely loves you! Do you see any summer? Lol.

Guest Shetland Coastie
Gosh, Winter surely loves you! Do you see any summer? Lol.

Yes, one day about the end of May sometime :)

Seriously though, it has snowed in June here before and snow showers in April/May are fairly common. No month of the year is gale free either.

Posted
Yes, one day about the end of May sometime :)

Seriously though, it has snowed in June here before and snow showers in April/May are fairly common. No month of the year is gale free either.

i guess july and august are the only snow free months up there in shetland

Guest Shetland Coastie
i guess july and august are the only snow free months up there in shetland

Snow in June is a rarity so really June to Sept is usually snow free, we had the first snow last year in October and as I say snow in May is not unusual but it doesnt lie for long.

Posted
Yes, one day about the end of May sometime :whistling:

I agree with that

Posted

Had a lot of heavy snow showers here today, settled for about 30mins but quickly melted...very blustery in the snow showers!! Whats going on with the weather?? 18oC on Friday to snow on monday!!

Posted

Its just about snowing here on the back edge of a heavy shower, huge snowy blobs coming down in the sleet. 3.5c DP 2c :)

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

snowed here at about 12 it was 3.5c and it is now cloudy and around 6.5c!

Posted

snowed here again like 15 mins ago currently clear,cloudy and 2c so since the sky is clear id say the temps should drop below zero on the hill and id expect to see a covering on the hils tomorrow morning!

Posted

well its a bit cloudy here and very windy the current temp is about 3c im almost certain that if any shower comes itll be snow , does anyone know if theirs any heading my way?

Posted

currently 3c and still hasnt snowed ugggggggg!

Posted
Snow in June is a rarity so really June to Sept is usually snow free, we had the first snow last year in October and as I say snow in May is not unusual but it doesnt lie for long.

I remember heavy snow in early June 1975 in lowland Scotland and I believe Cricket in England was disrupted by snow on the same day. The rest of the Summer is history for it's warmth with 1976 being even better.

dl