Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports 1.3.09 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Not as many showers around as I would have expected, nice crop of heavier PPN though moving inland just South of Newcastles.......around Stockton way :yahoo: , should be some wintry bits in that lot.

i remember the 75 june snow event. we had a couple of inches in rural oxfordshire. i remember making a snowman with my mum. it melted very quickly though

I could be wrong here now in quoting 1998, it was in the late 90's from what I can remember, when in early June it was exceptionally cold and there was sleet reported in the Chilterns.

Not as many showers around as I would have expected, nice crop of heavier PPN though moving inland just South of Newcastles.......around Stockton way :o , should be some wintry bits in that lot.

I could be wrong here now in quoting 1998, it was in the late 90's from what I can remember, when in early June it was exceptionally cold and there was sleet reported in the Chilterns.

Just looked through the archives, this looks about right, 11th June 98.

post-3094-1238241848_thumb.png

Guest Shetland Coastie

Heavy snow falling in Shetland at the moment. Everything is white. Temp is currently -1.6C, dewpoint -3.6C and still falling. Pretty cold for this time of year :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Snow showers between about 0100 and 0140 g.m.t gave a cover of 0.5cm this morning. 50% of it had thawed by 0830 g.m.t. and almost all of it by 1000 g.m.t.

Posted

Snow falling on Saturday 30th march at 9:30pm for around 10-15minutes, a light snow flurry with small flakes of snow. (probably the last of the snow)

• 5 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

From the hailstorm we had yesterday.... Maybe not snow but it counts as wintry precipitation and it did look like we had gone back to winter again :huh:

post-2115-1240969500_thumb.jpg