Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Chat

MAF

Posted

Cool and grey so far today :(

Thought it was going to be a nice sunny day.

9.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
Not what you want. I wouldnt mind it at all, it gives some variety and the chance of some spectacular convective wintry showers :(

Not what I want either - easterly *very* rarely means spectacular convective wintry showers round here. It means slate grey skies, nagging chilly wind and very little sunshine.

A northerly however almost always brings sunshine and in spring - convective wintry showers. I'll welcome a northerly at any time in spring (or winter) and am especially keen on them in April with the added solar power.

But a choice between last weekends weather & a weekend of typical easterly weather - I know what I'd choose! And yes I know easterlies *can* bring sunshine & showers but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Today is dull, chilly but dry with a max of 8.6c. Smells of a slight easterly flow to me with cloud trying to burn back - as you can see it's just us still stuck under the cloud!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/images...00903181200.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I agree that most easterlies do bring cool overcast stuff rather than sunshine and showers- and more so at this time of year than in, say, January. But I think the easterly-that-never-was on the models might well have been an exception due to the -10C 850hPa air that it was associated with.

But in any case I rather suspect Reef was referring more to the possible northerly outbreaks next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It was a very mild last night for clear skies, min 5c. Now 13 degrees C, Hazy, Sunny weather, feels very pleasant indeed.

Posted

We had a surprisingly grey and chilly morning here, but the sun broke through around lunchtime and it is now a lovely sunny afternoon. It is strange that despite the sun temperatures have not risen that much, it's only 10C here at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Finally the cloud has just about burnt off - last in the country by the looks of it!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/images...00903181400.jpg

Now 10.4c.

Posted
Finally the cloud has just about burnt off - last in the country by the looks of it!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/images...00903181400.jpg

Now 10.4c.

I just hope we are free of this annoying cloud tomorrow- it seems that only the Midlands and just slightly north of the midlands have been affected and it has surpressed the temperatures quite substantially. It seems that the West Midlands hasn't been affected as badly as your part, as Birmingham has reached 13C.

Posted

Cloud and mist lasted much of the day however it has cleared in the last few hours. Currently feels very pleasent out there with the max temp so far of 11.1c. The overnight low was 0.8c

Posted

Being honest it is a stunning day :( ! The 5th day in a row with virtually maximum sunshine. Quite a hazy sky today and a gentle East breeze with the temperature at 15.1c and humidity 64%.

Posted

A stunning afternoon with plenty of sunshine.

very little cloud and breeze,with the temp at 10c

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 13c

Outdoor humidity 83%

Pressure 1027mb

Wind direction South

Wind speed 3mph

Gust 8mph

Cloud Height 1201ft

Wet Bulb 11c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 73.5mm

Dew Point 10c

Wind Chill 13c

Weather Clear dry sunny bright

Posted

The nicest day this year! Reached a warm 16.8c, a light frost in the morning with clear skies not a single cloud, but about 50m lower dense fog causing tricky driving conditons, fortunatley there wasn't any fog in Leeds center, and clarence dock was really nice in the sun, with people eating outside again round the restaraunts and even a few people sun bathing round there!

Im now unsure as to wether i want more cold, i will probably change my mind if i see snow falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Amazing 18C in Valentia, Ireland!

Currently 14C in Cheltenham.

Posted

Quite a few weather stations around the Leeds area are reporting 18c & 19c with some reporting 20.c

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

currently 19c! with wall to wall sunshine!

Posted

A glorious, warm, sunny day all day. In March! In Scotland! Even got up to 17degC. at one point. Well I never...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It was a dull, misty start, but that soon cleared to leave a Fab sunny and hazy day, Max 13c, Min 5c. Currently 10c clear

Posted

7c and i can already see the Fog beginning to roll off the hills as the light fades :)

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

The sun eventully burnt off the murk this afternoon and it turned quite pleasant, the temperature was stuck around 9c until around 13:30 then lifted to near 12c by 4pm. Temperature falling off rapidly now, currently 7.5c.

Posted

about 8c after reaching 20c isnt that a wonderfull drop i wish that would happen during a cold snap! i can also report that fog is starting to roll in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thick fog all morning, clearing very quickly between 1240 and 1300 to leave the rest of the day sunny.

At 1800;

Temp', 7.5c

Max' today, 10.1c

Min' last night, 1.6c

Grass min', -4.1c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, nil

Sunshine today, 4.21 hrs

Mean wind speed, 3 mph W

Highest gust today, 22 mph W at 1052

1 okta cirrus

Vis', 5 miles.