Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Chat

MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I see that for once parts of the North East have been warmer than Exeter. Here a pleasant enough day, hazy sunshine and a high of around 14C- but 15-16C appears to have been reached across Tyne & Wear/Durham. Which is pleasing, as I promised the people up there that they'd have some warm sunshine this week.

Having lived through spells on the Tyne & Wear coast where it was dull and damp while most other parts of the country were sunny and dry (early June 2007 for example) I can identify with the frustrations of those in the Midlands, who unlike those in parts of the north, weren't supposed to have any persistent cloud at all. For Exeter, it's been the fifth sunny day in a row.

Posted

Mostly sunny day, it felt pleasantly warm with only a light breeze.

Posted
I see that for once parts of the North East have been warmer than Exeter. Here a pleasant enough day, hazy sunshine and a high of around 14C- but 15-16C appears to have been reached across Tyne & Wear/Durham. Which is pleasing, as I promised the people up there that they'd have some warm sunshine this week.

Having lived through spells on the Tyne & Wear coast where it was dull and damp while most other parts of the country were sunny and dry (early June 2007 for example) I can identify with the frustrations of those in the Midlands, who unlike those in parts of the north, weren't supposed to have any persistent cloud at all. For Exeter, it's been the fifth sunny day in a row.

Interesting that Tyne and Wear had such a warm day. Here despite clear skies all day we only reached a maximum of 10.5C. In fact, the temperature was in single figures for all but around half an hour. Quite cold this morning too with a min of 3.3C.

I must say today has been the only really sunny day though. Every other day this week has been mostly cloudy or overcast with occasional sunny periods. Temperatures havent been too stellar either, reaching 15.4C on one day with the rest being unremarkable.

Posted

Sunny, warm and pleasant for the 4th day running, after a misty start. Currently 8.7, maximum 15.8, last night's minimum 3.9. Interesting to see that at this location Sunday was the warmest day in the recent mild spell by a considerable margin, whereas in most other areas it has got warmer since then.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted

Expectionally mild today around here for mid March, nearby Meto station recorded warmest March day for 11 years at 15.9C.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

WELL they got the forecast wrong for here today the BBC local...

Suppose to be dull and overcast for most of the morning and early afternoon

said the cloud would clear by early afternoon...

It was lovely and Sunny by 8.30am

lovely day

Im so glad that the snow aS ENDED for this year

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 7c

Outdoor humidity 78%

Pressure 1027mb

Wind direction South

Wind speed 0mph

Cloud Height 1490ft

Wet Bulb 5.8c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 73.5mm

Dew Point 3.7c

Wind Chill 7c

Weather Partly cloudy dry dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature dropped 2.2c

Pressure dropped 5.4mb

Humidity Dropped 4%

Average wind speed 6mph

Dewpoint dropped 3c

Average wind direction South

Moon age 22 days 49%

Sunrise and Sunset 6:38am - 6:41pm

Moonrise and Moonset 3:35am - 8:56am

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Fantastic spell of early Spring weather continues.

Clear with a ground frost last night, sunny, if rather hazy and warm today, with a very light breeze.

Clear and cold again this evening. Looks like being colder than of late tonight, already a ground frost.

Min: +1.6c @ 0600

Max: 14.9c @ 1400

Dry again today.

Currently: Clear, ground frost forming.

Temp: +1.8c.

Pressure: 1027mbar, falling slowly.