Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

If you follow the 0900 and 1000 pictures on here: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html

I don't like the look of that bank of low cloud rolling in off the sea on an easterly breeze. Could completely spoil this afternoon (as it often does) unless the sun power can keep it from reaching here. So far milky skies with a temp of 9.9c...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
If you follow the 0900 and 1000 pictures on here: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html

I don't like the look of that bank of low cloud rolling in off the sea on an easterly breeze. Could completely spoil this afternoon (as it often does) unless the sun power can keep it from reaching here. So far milky skies with a temp of 9.9c...

That explains why it looks so grim at South Shields then...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

And that's the end of the sunshine for this area once more...

Cloud has rolled in from the east on the steady easterly flow. I really hate easterly winds for persistant cloud cover - they almost always either ruin the morning (until it *might* burn off) or ruin the whole day if the wind speed outstrips the sun's power to burn it off. It often happens on days when warm or hot sunshine is promised really suppressing max temperatures and completely blocking out the sun. The breeze itself also feels chilly (unlike AC gloom from a westerly source).

Temp now dropped back to 9.2c where I suspect it will now stay.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

After a very foggy start the sun burned through at around 9.30am. After the chilly start, temperatures are rapidly climbing, currently at 13.2C. Looks like another very pleasant day :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wall-to-wall sunshine...Let's hope it keeps up!

Posted

Time 15:20 Greece time

Air temperature : 13,4 C

Humidity : 28 %

Wind : NW 14 km/h

Pressure rel : 1016,3 hpa steady

Dew point : -4,9 C

clouds : 3/8 cumulus

Daily rain : 0,0 mm

Rain month : 25,5 mm

Rain year 2009 : 160,0 mm

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted

Foggy start this morning but it has slowly brightened up as the day has gone on and its fiarly sunny out there at the moment. Quite a bit of low cloud too my East at the moment though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Stunning warm sunny day in Exeter. Must be 16C out there now.

Posted

Had a nice sunny morning in leicestershire , cloud has now moved in from the east coast giving a little bit of a nip in the air . Hopeing for a hot day tomorrow incase it turns unsettled next week , which is a growing possibility.

Posted

Slate grey skies since 10am so another typical what would be a nice day ruined by an easterly breeze off the sea.

Max of 9.9c now 8.9c.

Hopefully we'll loose the easterly element to the wind tomorrow otherwise I can't see any improvement in conditions at all.

Posted

Foggy first thing, soon lifted to allow a few hours of sunshine. Since then some cloud has worked in off the east coast, cloudy and cooler now out there now after a high of 13C, down to 10C.

Posted

Clear and sunny early on this morning, but by 8am the cloud rolled in and it has stayed rather dull since.

Currently 9.1C after a max of 9.3C. Mild this morning aswell with a min of 5.1C.

Posted

Rather disappointing today with lots of cloud, and it's only now that the sun is appearing through

the clouds. A cool breeze with the temp at 8c.

Posted

Today dawned very foggy with the temperature at 1.4c, but the sun burned the fog off by 08.30 and it's been shining brightly ever since in a clear blue sky :) . It's calm and the temperature at the moment is 16.1c which is today's maximum so far, humidity is 57%.

Posted

A dull day here after a bright start, felt quite chilly in the wind to. One or two glimpses of sunshine starting to break through now. Top temp only 10.1c. I'm off school tomorrow so hoping for a better day :)

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

currently between 21 and 20c with wall to wall sunshine and a horrible breeze which is making it feel a lot colder at around 12c! :)

Posted

Another wonderful day with wall to wall sunshine and a max temp of 15.3C before the light breeze turned more SE coming off the English Channel a few miles away. Current temp is 12.8C however oddly the humidity is really low at 33% with a dewpoint of -3.1C!

Thought it might be my weather station but Exeter airport is reporting temp/dew of 13/0 and plymouth 13/-1. This is odd because the breeze is from the SE off the sea bacause of a slight sea breeze effect so I thought humidity would be a bit higher, Also Channel light vessel has 9/6

Forgot to add min temp this morning was -0.8c so and air frost then a max of 15.3 meaning a dirunal range of 16.1C.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Finally the cloud has thinned enough to let the sun shine. I can see plenty more waiting to blow in over night though so I suspect a repeat performance tomorrow - but fingers crossed for more sunshine!

9.9c the max today.