Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Could someone tell me what i am likely to expect when going to orlando (kissimmee) in June-July?

I've heard that thunderstorms are frequent. But i haven't heard much about the temperatures, and the strength of the sun.

Posted

Well i know that humidity will be very high and you will be in the early to mid hurricane season. When the heavens open the rain is like standing under buckets of water being poured over you the storms are amaizing and you will prob get regular tornado warnings. I have seen a funnel cloud before in a storm in Orlando.

When the rain is over the sun heats every thing up and the humidity rises. Avoid mid day and pace yourself. We used to go outside to warm up because the aircon in the resturants was so cold lol.

Hope this helps. PM me if you want tips on Disney :D

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted
Well i know that humidity will be very high and you will be in the early to mid hurricane season. When the heavens open the rain is like standing under buckets of water being poured over you the storms are amaizing and you will prob get regular tornado warnings. I have seen a funnel cloud before in a storm in Orlando.

When the rain is over the sun heats every thing up and the humidity rises. Avoid mid day and pace yourself. We used to go outside to warm up because the aircon in the resturants was so cold lol.

Hope this helps. PM me if you want tips on Disney :D

Yeah i will ask about disney probably around may time so you best still be on here ahah :D

Posted

It will be hot

But it's the humidity which will wear you out and you will need light clothes as you will sweat a lot.

This courtesy of Walt Disney Weather.

June

Average High Temperature: 90ºF

Days about 90ºF: 17

Average Low Temperature: 71ºF

Days with Lows below Freezing: 0

Average Rainfall Amount: 7.0"

Days With Rain: 14

Days with Thunderstorms: 14

Days with Fog: 11

July

Average High Temperature: 91ºF

Days about 90ºF: 22

Average Low Temperature: 73ºF

Days with Lows below Freezing: 0

Average Rainfall Amount: 7.2"

Days With Rain: 16

Days with Thunderstorms: 18

Days with Fog: 8

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted

Hot Humid Sticky and Clammy with Regular Pulse Storms. Orlando is well placed for both the East and West Coast Sea Breeze Convergence Zones and gets lot of Storms. As SQ1 Says these Storms typically last about 30 minutes before "Pulsing" Out and another one will form straight away as the Moisture is sucked straight back into the Air, these Storms will typically start at 8-9am on the coasts and move Inland, It is not uncommon to get Funnel Clouds with these type of Storms although Damaging Tornadoes are Very Rare.

I was out there filming with Gethin Jones from 26-31st July last year and we had Pulse Storms every day, Temps about 84f if that helps

Paul S

Posted
Hot Humid Sticky and Clammy with Regular Pulse Storms. Orlando is well placed for both the East and West Coast Sea Breeze Convergence Zones and gets lot of Storms. As SQ1 Says these Storms typically last about 30 minutes before "Pulsing" Out and another one will form straight away as the Moisture is sucked straight back into the Air, these Storms will typically start at 8-9am on the coasts and move Inland, It is not uncommon to get Funnel Clouds with these type of Storms although Damaging Tornadoes are Very Rare.

I was out there filming with Gethin Jones from 26-31st July last year and we had Pulse Storms every day, Temps about 84f if that helps

Paul S

I have to say Paul that the storms in Orlando were way better that the storms in the med. I will one day come on your storm chase when i have got the kids off my hands and have time for myself.

lesta take a good brolly lol

Posted

Lol

Now thats the funny part, Sorry to hijack this thread, but the Storms in Orlando were annoying the hell out of me due to being Piddly Pulse Storms and not their Monster Cousins the Supercell, but as you say they knock spots of Uk and European Storms Still.......Sigh! Pmsl

Orlando Storms = Much Better than Uk

Plains Storms = 50 x Better and Stronger than the Orlando Storms

You will be in for a treat SQ1! Lol

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I am going to Orlando next July, as it is regarded as the lightning capital of the US I should be in for some fireworks! July is usually the hottest and the wettest time of year.

I am going to Orlando next July, as it is regarded as the lightning capital of the US I should be in for some fireworks! July is usually the hottest and the wettest time of year.

I thought you hated hot weather? Orlando in July must be pretty hot and humid!

Not jealous at all! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
I thought you hated hot weather? Orlando in July must be pretty hot and humid!

Not jealous at all! :D

In Britain when it's hot I do because we don't have air conditioning in every single building, there is no escape from the heat! At least in notoriously hot places they are well equipped for it.

Plus there is so much tasty (and unhealthy) food in America - my paradise! Plus you have theme parks and the possibility of fantastic thunderstorms!

Edited by nick2702

• 3 months later...
Posted

Ive been to Orlando 3 times now and it is hot but you will get heavy rain and thunderstorms virtually everyday. Dont worry about them though they dont last long in one area and seemed to always be on the move. The people, businesses, infrastructure etc is used it and copes very well.

In fact ive got a couple of videos uploaded of thunderstorms in Florida. www.youtube.com/cardiffstormchaser

Edited by jamo_s

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Hi i am in Miami just now. Its so hot 92-93 today, high humidity making it feel 103!!! so the forecaster said this morning. Storms a plenty too, just to scared to go out and get any footage tho. But have got loads of pics of the storm clouds. Storms coming over between 1 and 2 every day and lasting all day.

One more week of this back next friday.

Mandy xx

Edited by amanda_langlands