Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Swedish Weather

Marduk

Thank you all! : )

Today is a day somewhere in between milder weather. The beginning of the week began mild around 0 degrees the first day,

but afterwards it has been cooler, today with -6°c midday and it is expected to fall down to -15°c this night.

Tomorrow night is though expected to make quite a rise above 0°c and probably will Sunday make up to 4°c, and it

will be above freezing the whole day so the 40 cm of snow will slowly shrink and make the roads quite icy, before

it will plummet once again to below-degrees probably the whole of next week!

• 1 month later...

The end of January and February had a quite mild spell, lasting around 10 days with daytime temps from 1° to 4°,

and just some light frost at night, and since it was quite dreary and sunny, the snow depth didn't shrink so much, but

to compare, we had around 50 cm in the beginning of January, and February just 10-15 cm.

But a week ago, hell broke loose here in Stockholm when we got a big snowstorm which gave us 25-30 cm new snow amounts

and some big drifts, and that night, from Thursday to Friday, all subways, and buses stood still, quite remarkable for Stockholm

when we have got already a quite intense winter behind us?

The politicians never learn, and once again we are into some very snowy and cold winter weather.

February temps are now down to the normal value due to the last days chillyness with daytimetemps well below zero and some

nights near -20°.

But it is still quite impressive that we in Stockholm have quite moderate temperatures if we compare with our surroundings.

Since it is just around -5° today and barely -10° night time, which we also had yesterday, but just some 500 km north, or if we go straight eastwards to Helsinki,

they have got now for several days nighttimes near -25° and daytime just above -20°! The Baltic sea is a big heat element!

Posted

many thanks for that interesting update-no doubt our cold fraternity will be very jealous!

Posted

many thanks for that interesting update-no doubt our cold fraternity will be very jealous!

I agree John very interesting update. I notice on the midday chart a fair amount of snow in eastern Sweden and I'm not quite sure why.

Posted

I agree John very interesting update. I notice on the midday chart a fair amount of snow in eastern Sweden and I'm not quite sure why.

perhaps some sort of upper feature, coastal effect perhaps although the Baltic/gulf of whatever at this time of the year is hardly going to set a lot of convection off, especially under the surface high your chart shows?

Posted

perhaps some sort of upper feature, coastal effect perhaps although the Baltic/gulf of whatever at this time of the year is hardly going to set a lot of convection off, especially under the surface high your chart shows?

I agree with your latter point. I did check four of the airports, Skelleftea, Kramfors, Sundsvall and Mariehamn and all had present weather 71.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Pressure 1008.3hPa

Temp 7.3c

Max Temp 7.9c

Min Temp 4.8c

Humidity 92%

Dewpoint 6.1c

Rainfall 0.0mm

Monthly Rainfall 24.8mm

Posted

Pressure 1008.3hPa

Temp 7.3c

Max Temp 7.9c

Min Temp 4.8c

Humidity 92%

Dewpoint 6.1c

Rainfall 0.0mm

Monthly Rainfall 24.8mm

swedish weather?????

• 3 weeks later...

The first weekend in March has given us some small hints of Spring. Actually has the whole present week been quite spring like, most days with daytemps above zero, but still quite below at night. The snow is still quite deep in untouched places with 25-30 cm, but some grass spots may be found in the forests!

Here are some pictures from my photo walk I did the 5th of March, quite sunny, wet snow and 3°c, but quite windy, so it felt chilly.

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0456-1.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

The coming time is going to give some further hints of spring, but actually no warmth. Still cold at nights and most days just above zero, but some may be below, but probably much sunshine!

Edited by Sillkalven