Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mdt Risk Of Svr Tstms Over Parts Of The Tn Vly/gulf Fri 10th April 09

Posted

MDT RISK OF SVR TSTMS OVER PARTS OF THE TN VLY/GULF Fri 10th April 09

All the hall mark for HIGH RISK UPGRADE.

Strong possibilities for multiple outbreak of tornadoes based on the NAM/RUC.

Posted
Tornado warnings coming in thick and fast at present for NASHVILLE/MEMPHIS and WESTERN KENTUCKY

Yes Dog, things could get going today much earlier than anticipated. The region at risk of severe weather will cover many states and not just the risk box that I have shown above. This includes the distribution of tornadoes. Though from a virtual chase perspective the best chances for the strongest tornadoes should occur primarily Alabama after 19Z. Though as always that is a personal opinion :o

I would like to add further detail to this interesting outlook, hopefully a bit later this evening!

Edited by Tony Gilbert

Posted

Time Location County State Lat Lon Comments

1654 MANNINGTON CHRISTIAN KY 3712 8749 CONFIRMED TORNADO BY TRAINED SPOTTER AND EM OFFICE. (PAH)

edit

Number 2 just reported

1726 3 E BOONEVILLE PRENTISS MS 3466 8851 TORNADO ALONG WITH GOLFBALL SIZE HAIL (MEG)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Number 3..........at this rate we might have a few dozen by the end of the night

latest

1740 2 SW CROFTON CHRISTIAN KY 3703 8751 CONFIRMED TORNADO REPORTED THROUGH EM OFFICE. (PAH)

Posted

Fox news now reporting on the tornado threat, early reports of tornados in the suburbs of Nashville, Tennessee.

Also, at least of one of the tornados is described as strong and violent in Kentucky.

Edited by dave48

Posted
Fox now reporting on the tornado threat, early reports of tornados in the suburbs of Nashville, Tennessee.

Also, at least of one of the tornados is described as strong and violent.

Looks like this could be a exciting night of watching how many or how bad they are....lets just hope people are saved.

Dave any live streams

Posted
Looks like this could be a exciting night of watching how many or how bad they are....lets just hope people are saved.

Dave any live streams

I can't find any streams yet, not much on tornadovideos.net. Fox news have said this could be largest event so far this year and also the famous 'PDS' tag has been given.

Posted
I can't find any streams yet, not much on tornadovideos.net. Fox news have said this could be largest event so far this year and also the famous 'PDS' tag has been given.

cheers Dave

Number 4

1737 1 W MURFREESBORO RUTHERFORD TN 3585 8641 SPOTTER OBSERVED ROTATION AND HOUSING DEBRIS. SEVERAL OAK TREES PUSHED DOWN. (OHX)

apart from the Tornados..............Have you seen how bad some of the cross winds are.....

many trees gone down and roofs ripped off..ect.....

Storm Center predicting Tornado Warnings further South Like Tony mentioned...

more hail reports way further East just coming in

ok going to have my first guess where I think at some point a Tornado will touch down..............

HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA...At some point around that way

Edited by dogs32

Posted

no:5/6

1745 COLUMBIA MAURY TN 3562 8705 POSSIBLE TORNADO WAS REPORTED ON GROUND NORTH OF COLUMBIA. (OHX)

1750 12 S LEBANON WILSON TN 3604 8632 POSSIBLE TORNADO ON GROUND NEAR THE WILSON...RUTHERFORD COUNTY LINE. (OHX)

1744 200 2 SW CROFTON CHRISTIAN KY 3703 8751 HEN EGG SIZE HAIL REPORTED NEAR RAIN-WRAPPED TORNADO. (PAH)

EGG SIZED HAIL

YES Dave They have the rest of the day with heating for the Storms to become more violent or wide spread

Edited by dogs32

Posted

latest from NOAA

SEL2

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED

TORNADO WATCH NUMBER 132

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

1125 AM CDT FRI APR 10 2009

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A

TORNADO WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

NORTHERN ALABAMA

NORTHWEST GEORGIA

MIDDLE AND PARTS OF EASTERN TENNESSEE

EFFECTIVE THIS FRIDAY MORNING AND EVENING FROM 1125 AM UNTIL 700

PM CDT.

...THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION...

DESTRUCTIVE TORNADOES...LARGE HAIL TO 3 INCHES IN DIAMETER...

THUNDERSTORM WIND GUSTS TO 80 MPH...AND DANGEROUS LIGHTNING ARE

POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS.

THE TORNADO WATCH AREA IS APPROXIMATELY ALONG AND 70 STATUTE

MILES EAST AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 40 MILES NORTH OF CROSSVILLE

TENNESSEE TO 55 MILES EAST OF COLUMBUS MISSISSIPPI. FOR A

COMPLETE DEPICTION OF THE WATCH SEE THE ASSOCIATED WATCH OUTLINE

UPDATE (WOUS64 KWNS WOU2).

Edited by MAF

Posted

This is going to be one interesting night, thank god I'm not working!

It will be interesting to see how this develops later on in to the day, its ramping up pretty early again.

Posted
This is going to be one interesting night, thank god I'm not working!

It will be interesting to see how this develops later on in to the day, its ramping up pretty early again.

yes.just think MAF..25 yesterday and today.well still counting

cheers Dave.....couldnt find any earlier............tell you whats good is the USA chat rooms...This morning I was reading in Real Time people chatting and saying how bad the Lightning was as it was happening.they sounded terrified

Edited by dogs32

Posted
yes.just think MAF..25 yesterday and today.well still counting

:lol: I'm stupidly excited, this is the first year I've made an atempt to follow the american storm season. So everything is new.

Posted

latest........no7/8

1654 MANNINGTON CHRISTIAN KY 3712 8749 CONFIRMED TORNADO BY TRAINED SPOTTER AND EM OFFICE. (PAH)

1726 3 E BOONEVILLE PRENTISS MS 3466 8851 TORNADO ALONG WITH GOLFBALL SIZE HAIL (MEG)

1737 1 W MURFREESBORO RUTHERFORD TN 3585 8641 SPOTTER OBSERVED ROTATION AND HOUSING DEBRIS. SEVERAL OAK TREES PUSHED DOWN. (OHX)

1740 2 SW CROFTON CHRISTIAN KY 3703 8751 CONFIRMED TORNADO REPORTED THROUGH EM OFFICE. (PAH)

1745 COLUMBIA MAURY TN 3562 8705 POSSIBLE TORNADO WAS REPORTED ON GROUND NORTH OF COLUMBIA. (OHX)

1747 MURFREESBORO RUTHERFORD TN 3585 8639 TRAINED SPOTTER REPORTED POSSIBLE TORNADO ON GROUND IN MURFREESBORO. (OHX)

1750 12 S LEBANON WILSON TN 3604 8632 POSSIBLE TORNADO ON GROUND NEAR THE WILSON...RUTHERFORD COUNTY LINE. (OHX)

1757 6 S LAWRENCEBURG LAWRENCE TN 3516 8734 POSSIBLE TORNADO ON GROUND WAS REPORTED NEAR LEOMA. (OHX)

1816 175 8 W LEXINGTON LAUDERDALE AL 3497 8751 REPORT OF GOLFBALL SIZED HAIL IN GREEN HILL. (HUN)

this is exciting :lol:

sorry for the people who live there though.but exciting to watch the developments

Edited by dogs32

Posted
:lol: I'm stupidly excited, this is the first year I've made an atempt to follow the american storm season. So everything is new.

This is the first time I am properly following it too, I was working last year but i'm at uni now so I have much more time.

Also Fox news have just shown pictures of a destroyed home and Dogs, there is a tornado warning for Huntsville!

Posted
This is the first time I am properly following it too, I was working last year but i'm at uni now so I have much more time.

Also Fox news have just shown pictures of a destroyed home and Dogs, there is a tornado warning for Huntsville!

hey............yes but no Tornado....Im still learning to get good a picking the places.....At present all Ive had is golg ball :p hail (golf ball) I think.but no Tornado....

My first EVER guess

Plenty of time yet..I will try to learn off Paul as much as I can.But its a lot to take in.....

There a slight lull in the Tornados at present but not the Tornado warnings...plenty of cooking time yet

edit......I spoke to soon...........

number 9 now

1856 MOULTON LAWRENCE AL 3448 8729 TORNADO REPORTED ON THE GROUND AT THE INTERSECTION OF HIGHWAY 157 AND COUNTY ROAD 246. (HUN)..........hey is this Huntsville :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

latest Meoscale Discussion

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0432

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0229 PM CDT FRI APR 10 2009

AREAS AFFECTED...NRN AND CNTRL GA

CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH LIKELY

VALID 101929Z - 102100Z

STORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP EWD INTO NRN AND CNTRL GA LATER THIS

AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THREAT WILL EXIST FOR SUPERCELLS CAPABLE OF

PRODUCING LARGE HAIL AND TORNADOES...A FEW OF WHICH COULD BE STRONG.

DAMAGING WIND WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE WITH SOME OF THE STORMS. A WW

WILL LIKELY BE NEEDED BY 20-21Z.

courtesy NOAA, full text here http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0432.html

looking like it may well be a destructive few hours, with some supercells producing very large hail and possible tornadoes

Posted
Just saw pictures on the TV of a massive wedge near Nashville.

number 11 :lol:

1918 6 SE MANCHESTER COFFEE TN 3541 8601 TOUCHDOWN WITNESSED BY STORM CHASER AT EXIT 117 ON INTERSTATE 24. (OHX)

1920 2 NNE EUBANK PULASKI KY 3731 8464 A SPOTTER REPORTED TORNADO ON THE GROUND WITH DEBRIS VISIBLE AND APPEARED TO BE NEAR KY HWY 328. (JKL)

Wonder whats going to be the total by the time this is finished

Edited by dogs32

Posted

number 12-14

just reported

2004 EUBANK PULASKI KY 3728 8465 LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED SEEING A TORNADO AT EUBANK. (JKL)

2005 6 SW DUNLAP SEQUATCHIE TN 3531 8546 (MRX)

2006 CROSSVILLE CUMBERLAND TN 3595 8504 TWO TORNADOES WERE REPORTED ON THE GROUND AT PLEASANT HILL AND MIDWAY. (OHX)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
What channel was it?

Fox news, they are showing a video now plus reports of deaths, had a feeling this would be a nasty outbreak.

Edited by dave48