Clear blue skies and sunny.

Current temperature 7.5ºc

Humidity 80%

Pressure 1007.0hPa

Average windspeed 1.6mph

Maximum gust speed 2.2mph

Rainfall last 24 hours 2.1mm

Rainfall last hour 0.0mm

Horrible dull chilly morning, just as i feared that the front would struggle to clear the east of england, ian deakin on the latest BBC forecast showed cloud cover(rain in the east today) for the midlands eastwards for next two days :o

Posted

Horrible dull chilly morning, just as i feared that the front would struggle to clear the east of england, ian deakin on the latest BBC forecast showed cloud cover(rain in the east today) for the midlands eastwards for next two days :o

Bright and sunny here, almost cloudless skies at present. Current temp 7.7C after overnight low of 6.2C.

Edited by RUSS L.F.C.

Posted

Another stunning morning here this morning with plenty of hazy sunshine and temperatures already up to 12.2C. The warmth hangs on! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Drizzle and mist sums up Suffolks current weather situation. Winds are very light and variable with maximum temperatures holding up at 11.2C.

With the front being extremely slow moving I guess we in the east will have to put up with this kind of weather for at least another 36 hours :o

Bring on the storms I say - yesturday had a very thundery feel about it in Cambridge. My eyes were peeled looking up and around :o there was definately something brewing but nothing kicked off sadly.

Another stunning morning here this morning with plenty of hazy sunshine and temperatures already up to 12.2C. The warmth hangs on! :D

:D

Funny enough Paul, I have just taken a ganda at the latest Visable Satellite output and it clearly shows you are hanging on to the clearer, almost sunnier skies. Anyone enjoying there Easter Holiday from Ipswich to Lowestoft (East of the A12) should be having a cracker so far!! Parts of Norfolk exceeded 18C yesturday, with sunny skies and light southeasterly winds to-boot.

Seasons

Edited by Seasons

Posted
:o

Funny enough Paul, I have just taken a ganda at the latest Visable Satellite output and it clearly shows you are hanging on to the clearer, almost sunnier skies. Anyone enjoying there Easter Holiday from Ipswich to Lowestoft (East of the A12) should be having a cracker so far!! Parts of Norfolk exceeded 18C yesturday, with sunny skies and light southeasterly winds to-boot.

Seasons

Hi Seasons,

The satellite does show it up well doesn't it:

ukvis_sat_200904110800.jpg

I can see the thicker cloud to the west of me, but its barely making any eastward progress. Weybourne made 20.3C yesterday on the Norfolk coast - stunning Easter weather!

Posted

Great satellite image Paul :o , here I'm on the extreme West of the cloud band with clear blue sky over approx half of the sky while the other half is greyt/white with swirling Cirrocumulus overhead.

It looks set to be similar all day so the sun should start to shine as it moves across to the Western portion from midday. Am off to Minehead for football so it will be sunny/pleasant there.

Current temperature is 8.9c with 75% humidity.

As for the lack of rain, well another pulse ran along the front between 21.00-midnight and it missed here to the East by about 10 miles! See BA13 on the NW radar to see how that happened.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Bit of a shock frost, it was cloudy 5c at midnight, managed -1.8c in the end!

A beautiful wekend on the cards, lovely and sunny start to it at any rate :o .

Posted

10:15

Sunny

1/8 Cloud

Gentle Breeze from SW

1006 hPa R

10.1degC.

Edited by The Penguin

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Today's notes and readings for the 24 hrs up to 0900 GMT in Stanton:

After yesterdays rain, it has been a cloudy and damp morning up to observation.

Sky Conditions, 7 Oktas, Altostratus, Altocumulus.

Wind Force 2 W.

Temperature 8.0°C

Barometer 1007mb rising.

Maximum temperature: 12.9°C

Minimum temperature: 6.3°C

Minimum temperature: on grass 4.6°C

Rainfall total: 4.6 mm.

…………………………………………….

Yesterday, 10 April 2009

A cloudy start with a few short bursts of moderate rain. At observation, cloudy and damp, mild. Further outbreaks of light rain set in during the morning and continued throughout the afternoon with a few moderate bursts. The evening saw the rain gradually dieing out. Maximum temperature 12.9c, maximum wind gust 22mph, ESE.

Posted

I am down in Tonbridge, Kent today and the sun is just coming out so I wouldn't be surprised to see much of East Anglia brighten up today. Seasons, yesterday in Great Yeldham it was sunny until 3.30pm and we managed 19.9c. Just to the west it was cloudy all day and a friend in Steeple Bumpstead, just 6 miles west of us said it was dull and cool all day. Just goes to show how local the weather can be and rather larger variations can occur over very short distances.

Posted

A perfect start to the day here with clear blue skies and sunshine with no wind.

However there is a wall of cloud to the South East/East which is getting nearer.

Temp 10c

Posted

Cold and wet here temp 7c and a far cry from just a few days ago when it was 25c and sunny! As I mentioned in the ski area superb snow conditions in the western Pyrenees with now the second day of heavy snowfall!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

A nice day in the Vale of Evesham, we are caught in between the brighter fresher west and that drizzly ,mizzly front to the east! Just an hour or two ago it was quite clearly seen by the Satellite visible photograph the "marked difference just to the east and west of that front,and the latest fax chart goes to show where that front is and also ive taken some photos which goes to prove also from the ground that huge difference between sun and cloud along that backedge of that dying front........Here you are! :D:Dpost-6830-1239444592_thumb.pngpost-6830-1239444614_thumb.jpg[attachme

nt=81156:PICT1433.jpg]post-6830-1239444692_thumb.jpgpost-6830-1239444708_thumb.jpgpost-6830-1239444730_thumb.jpg

post-6830-1239444730_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Good pics there! A very defined end to the front indeed.

I'm under the middle of it so it's grey with steady light rain although we do get the odd glimmer of brightness.

9.9c the low now 10.6c - thrilling stuff!

Posted

It really is beautiful outside again this morning. Still plenty of hazy sunshine and temperatures rising well, now up to 15.5C :D

Posted

Stunning pictures, a definite edge to the front there.

Its another poor day here, with overcast conditions and light rain, much as the last 24-36 hours.

The temperature is 11.6C after a min temp of 8.9C. So miserable but still technically above average overall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

decent easter here, but can see the unsettled weather to my east moving northwards, to my west summery skies with very patchy cumulus humilis

here sun in and out, not bad at all between summer out west and heavy rain out east, only 11.0oC but little wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

We are right bang under the front, sunny and crystal clear to the West and cloudy to the East, in fact the edge of the cloud seems to cut Longlevens in two!

currently pleasant and sunny if a little cool

Temperature 12.3C

Pressure 1006mb

Humidity 64%

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Dull but dry so far a disappointing Easter for Sheffielders.

10.7C

Winds Light f2 NNE

75% Humidity