Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club' 2009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Now the storm season is here!! Some of us don't always get storms .So now's your chance to have a good moan on this new 2009 thread lol

Posted

0 thunderstorms so far this year. Such is life B)

Posted
Uhhh it's only April....... B)

They seem to be starting earlier tho!! I call it the beginning of storm season lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I've heard thunder twice already this year but haven't had an overhead thunderstorm so I'm in a sort of limbo. Once on the 8th of March and again last night.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
We all know that once we get those thundery showers which bubble up during the morning and afternoon, they will avoid my area. They normally do!

I know the feeling , too well!

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I've not had a thunderstorm for ages....the last one I had was at least one day ago...... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Had distant rumbling yesterday morning, not exactly a storm so I am a member!

Posted
I've not had a thunderstorm for ages....the last one I had was at least one day ago...... :D

:D your due another one soon then aj :D

Posted

Haven't had a storm here so far this year. well I heard the most distant possible thunder through the haze and muck on wednesday afternoon but i dont think that counts!

we didnt even get any rain out of the 'thundery' spell here

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Still a little early yet I know!! But April has given us a good start :lol: I think the real fun and action will start in May ( whilst dogs is in the US on the storm chase haha) :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I cant believe this but i can say i dont have to be part of this club at all this year seen as Wednesday brought a very good storm for a littlw while with Pink CG lightning!

After waiting so long last year i have been priveledged to seen the first proper strom of the year for the UK!

Posted

You should have posted this during the 'Summers' of 2007 and 2008, Jane Louise.

2007 : Early July during that continuous 24 hour+ spell of heavy rain, just a few sporadic rolls of distant thunder. I don't really count this as it was not in itself an isolated thunderstorm or an MCS, unless one was embedded inside the front itself.

2008 : One flash of lightning spotted in late July. There was a thunderstorm I learn in Solihull on 6th September (the same system that caused all the flooding in Gloucestershire/Worcestershire) but I missed that as I was heading down towards Exmouth on the same day.

So that doesn't count either as I didn't witness it. :)

2009 : 15th April ... WOAH!! Making up for lost time with that baby on that morning! :)

Let's hope this thread doesn't become too long with disappointments over the coming few months. But I for a change have a pretty good feeling about this Summer and storm developments. :)

Phil.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Haven't seen a proper heat-induced summer thunderstorm for many years now (in Harrogate), absolute joke in this place.

Posted
You should have posted this during the 'Summers' of 2007 and 2008, Jane Louise.

2007 : Early July during that continuous 24 hour+ spell of heavy rain, just a few sporadic rolls of distant thunder. I don't really count this as it was not in itself an isolated thunderstorm or an MCS, unless one was embedded inside the front itself.

2008 : One flash of lightning spotted in late July. There was a thunderstorm I learn in Solihull on 6th September (the same system that caused all the flooding in Gloucestershire/Worcestershire) but I missed that as I was heading down towards Exmouth on the same day.

So that doesn't count either as I didn't witness it. :)

2009 : 15th April ... WOAH!! Making up for lost time with that baby on that morning! :)

Let's hope this thread doesn't become too long with disappointments over the coming few months. But I for a change have a pretty good feeling about this Summer and storm developments. :)

Phil.

Hi Phil,

We never did have any storms with all that horrible flooding! I think last year we must have had just a few rumbles of thunder and a couple flashes of lightning all summer lol.

Let's hope we do get some great storms this year! I heard that we have good storms once in every 3 years.Hopefully this year lol :)

I cant believe this but i can say i dont have to be part of this club at all this year seen as Wednesday brought a very good storm for a littlw while with Pink CG lightning!

After waiting so long last year i have been priveledged to seen the first proper strom of the year for the UK!

You are lucky Blizzards :) I bet you get loads more this year!They seem to bypass us lot in Glos and head your way instead lol

Posted

Well, not so far this year! And I think the closest we got last year was at a barbecue, sitting outside seeing the storm strike over the neighbouring county!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Had distant rumbling yesterday morning, not exactly a storm so I am a member!

is that all, i had lots of lightning heavy rain and thunder 7 miles to your north, i would class it as a proper storm, although only half an hour on wednesday before 8.15am